Conquer Club

[ACC] The All Comers Cup - Final

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The All Comers Cup [ACC] - Third Round

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

stahrgazer wrote:Remaking a game when another team deadbeated, and no action taken? Seems wrong, especially since that's the only real 'CC rule': no deadbeating is a rule here, while the other things are gentlemen's agreements only.

The no deadbeating rule sounds interesting, please point me in that direction. ;)

The deliberate missed turn / time-out rule still applies to deadbeating of course.

Remaking was the action taken (after joint suggestion by MOWs). Given the subsequent furore, and attempts to reverse the agreement, it is not an advisable action in circumstances such as these.

In future rounds, if deadbeating is demonstrated to be deliberate (which it wasn't here) then the game is awarded to the opponent.

Rule updates will be posted shortly.

Lateness can be aggravating, but it happens, so again, imposing consequences for that, "strictly," where deadbeating gets no action? Interesting. It does, however, make sense that complaints should be made immediately, not just if a game is going against the group that wasn't late.

stahrgazer wrote:But overall, if a team is consistently violating the little things, those little things add up into something bigger ... Yeah, little things rub, and when repeated, it's like continually rubbing at a scab: eventually it gets more sore, more raw, and more bloody, even if "rubbing" itself doesn't make wounds.

Sorry you had an un-enjoyable time, AoD.

Agreed, although very difficult to legislate against the accumulation of little things.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby General Brock II on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:23 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:Never mind, at least the South Park Kenny kept his mouth shut ;)

Seriously though, AOD are annoyed as GG were messy with the FOW courtesy. On inspection, they hadn't violated in any games they won, although it didn't help I took AOD on their word initially when they started complaining.

To complicate things AOD want an alternative to the CLA FOW rule to apply.

There is also debate about a remade game. A deadbeat situation led to this. MOWs suggested a remake, voiding the original game. AOD want to undo this, claiming duress.

A further complaint relates to minimal consequences imposed when GG were late creating and joining games. This has occured in many ties and leeway was given.

Going into round 3, FOW will be clarified, no action taken on deadbeating (unless there is evidence its deliberate), consequences of lateness imposed strictly, and complaints must be made when violations occur (and not as ties reach a conclusion).

Interesting.
If there was some abuse of whatever 'gentleman's agreement' was made, I can see where AoD wouldn't be too thrilled.

Remaking a game when another team deadbeated, and no action taken? Seems wrong, especially since that's the only real 'CC rule': no deadbeating is a rule here, while the other things are gentlemen's agreements only.

Lateness can be aggravating, but it happens, so again, imposing consequences for that, "strictly," where deadbeating gets no action? Interesting. It does, however, make sense that complaints should be made immediately, not just if a game is going against the group that wasn't late.

But overall, if a team is consistently violating the little things, those little things add up into something bigger, so AoD's disgruntlement should be understandable; and since whatever venting took place here didn't violate any forum rules, what's the problem with them venting? Some of you may remember a similar series of miniscule infractions LoW witnessed in another series, that finally added up into something greater than the tiny parts. Little action was taken then, either, the reason given: no punishments for those infractions were stated up-front. But the other team WAS severely warned to stick to their agreements, which was something.

Yeah, little things rub, and when repeated, it's like continually rubbing at a scab: eventually it gets more sore, more raw, and more bloody, even if "rubbing" itself doesn't make wounds.

Sorry you had an un-enjoyable time, AoD.

I think, Stahr, before becoming sympathetic, you should view the war forum... The fact that conflict has shifted to this forum, as well, is a little inordinate.

Gentleman's agreement? Interesting term...

And the "other team" didn't deadbeat. A player has disappeared, and we haven't heard from him at all, even now. We're just hoping that he's not deceased or hospitalized. I doubt that he'll remain a member of the Regiment, even if he does return.

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Captain General Brock II

Postby chemefreak on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Everyone ready for the third round?
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Let's go.

:D

show: Rules Update

The clock is now ticking - MOWs have been PM'd and all team games should be created (and joined for home games) within 84 hours.

Away team games should be joined within 1 week (unless home game creation by oppoenents misses the deadline (whereby MOWs can contact me to request opponents games are created as random)).

8-)

Congrats to MM who have created their home team games already.

=D>

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, what can we say...we've been ready.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby Razorvich on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:55 am

Forwarded message from eddie2

eddie2 wrote:
ok i have read the aod gg challenge thread there are some major concerns regarding all of this.

player deadbeating a game.
ok poker club was a remade game but why here is the rule covering this.

Missed Turns in a No Spoils Game
Missed turns in no spoils will not be scrutinized or result in any penalty (it is very rare for an advantage to be gained).

and this.
Deadbeating
Deadbeating will not be considered to be a deliberate act unless evidence is provided to the contrary (e.g. evidence of the player turns being taken in other games when they could have taken place in the game in question). As with deliberate missed turns / 'time outs', the opposing team will be automatically awarded a victory for the game in question if strong evidence is proivided. .

now none of the above 2 happened. what was offered was a remake or the win. but the option should also of fallen into the missing of turns where no punishment was issued. but this was not offered.

the we come to the late issueing of games.
If deadlines are not met for creating games then the Tournament Organiser will create random games (escalating, chained, sunny) and randomly assign invites to the relevent clan members (but giving the opposition the time they would normally have been provided with - see above). Failure of clan members to accept invites at this stage (or accept then drop) will result in the game being awarded to the opposition.

now dj's excuse for not following his own rules was several clans were late in the issueing of these. at this exact moment in time the rule has not been changed. so why was the punishment not issued during the war. dj is a tourney mod and if this had of happened during a tourney the organiser would of been in trouble for inacurate details. aod have every right to be angry at djs running of this event and i feel clan directors should be looking at weather there should be medals awarded because this mtourney has not been run according to the rules.
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Lieutenant Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 am

:roll: :roll:

show: Special Response for Eddie
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:24 pm

DJ, eddie2 is currently serving a forum ban..I understand. So he had one of his friend forward his message. Still I don't think it was really his area of concern. Now back to Round 3..gl all

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby eggrollonedolla on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:22 am

No predictions yet....interesting... :twisted:
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby Ickyketseddie on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 am

Probably because Half of the underdogs got through the last round!

See you in the final by the way! :P :lol:
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby The Voice on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 pm

eggrollonedolla wrote:No predictions yet....interesting... :twisted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see MM vs. FOED in the finals. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised of much of anything lately.
Major The Voice

Postby QoH on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm

The Voice wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see MM vs. FOED in the finals. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised of much of anything lately.

I actually would put e-money on PIGS... of course, I have a good chance of losing my e-dollars. But I think they have what it takes to upset FOED. Then again, if they beat FOED, I think they'll win it all.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Re: [ACC] The All Comers Cup - Third Round

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Round 4 Advancers
MM
LOW
LEG
FOED
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby padsta on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:34 pm

my predictions

MM
LOW
BOFM
PIGS (a little biased here though ;) )
send me an invite if you are looking for teammate medal
Captain padsta

Postby joe snuffy on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:57 am

QoH wrote:
The Voice wrote:

I actually would put e-money on PIGS... of course, I have a good chance of losing my e-dollars. But I think they have what it takes to upset FOED. Then again, if they beat FOED, I think they'll win it all.

PIGS take all. Troof. I will agree, kind sir.
Captain joe snuffy

Tournament Update

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:00 am

All games for the 3rd round have now been created,

Good luck to all

Re: Tournament Update

Postby anonymus on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:01 am

DJ Teflon wrote:All games for the 3rd round have now been created,

Good luck to all

is it me who is a complete 'tard or is there no thread for our war? (or atleast no link to it)

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Re: Tournament Update

Postby Ickyketseddie on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:18 am

anonymus wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:All games for the 3rd round have now been created,

Good luck to all

is it me who is a complete 'tard or is there no thread for our war? (or atleast no link to it)

/ :?:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=156167 :D
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby Nola_Lifer on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:28 am

Rules check. If a singles goes to 30 rounds then there is no winner for that game correct? So in which case someone could win the set 2-1?
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:44 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:Rules check. If a singles goes to 30 rounds then there is no winner for that game correct? So in which case someone could win the set 2-1?

Correctamundo sir - to be precise, the game is a draw if there is no result by the end of the 30th round (or 25th in team games).

Postby Leehar on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:16 am

why not use round limits to make sure it's decided by then?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Nola_Lifer on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:04 am

Leehar wrote:why not use round limits to make sure it's decided by then?

There is round limits set on the games. I just wanted to make sure it was clear for 1v1's
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby jghost7 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:00 pm

There are no need for game deciding round limits. It is set in the rules where the games will be called a draw if not completed by the specified round. The game may proceed on and the winner may receive points but the results only count for the challenge if it is completed prior to stated round limits.
Major jghost7

Postby Leehar on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Which is complex as hell, so just institute round limits so the game is decided by that point instead of making them draws needlessly?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby nippersean on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Leehar wrote:Which is complex as hell, so just institute round limits so the game is decided by that point instead of making them draws needlessly?

Shutup Leehar - if you find the simple rules "complex as hell" collect stamps. Are you actually in this compo??
Brigadier nippersean

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges