Conquer Club

THOTA vs. TSM (41-39) of 80 -- THOTA Prevails! [FINAL]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: THOTA vs. TSM (16-20) of 80 -- round 3 in Jan 2010 [ONGOING]

Postby General Mojo on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 pm

Chao - as to your points, I reiterate that they are valid. In the particular circumstances that you raise, I would be open to negotiating an equitable remedy if it was possible.

As to the rest of you, feel free to keep picking apart my posts and spew wild accusations as to my intentions. Also, feel free to ask lad & co. as to their thoughts regarding whether we resolved the issues swiftly and equitably.

In reality, all i was trying to do is add some perspective on (1) the particular circumstances at issue seeing as though we had experienced it in a previous game (which i believe it does), and (2) try to add some big picture perspective into the pissing match (which it obviously hasn't). It is apparently that it has failed and simply resulted in pissing people off. At this point, discussing it further is only going to further derail this thread, so I am going to refrain from doing so.

Again, good luck with resolving your issues.
Brigadier General Mojo

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 pm

1. You came into the thread at entirely the wrong time
  2. You proceeded to post a game link in which you missed a turn after Ruben did the same, as a direct result to CC failing. However, you waiting over two rounds after Ruben's miss to pull the "compensation," when the game had already been decided. Also, we have no evidence here (the lack of which, by the way, suggests it was a human error—though I'm not trying to rat on TSM for this) that it was CC's fault skill's turn was begun, or that he, or whoever began the turn, was unable to finish it.
  3. In the same first post, you quoted a wall post that praised you for your actions. To what does this add (besides your self-esteem)?
  4. A few posts later, and repeatedly in the thread, you posted that it "[was] disappointing to see that THOTA has not acted similarly" and that "situations like these … expose people for who they truly are." These quotes to solely unfairly rag on THOTA and not add anything of relevance to the conversation about "what would you have done?"
That's how I view it. You remain stuck-up about inserting "big picture perspective" to the thread. The "pissing match[es]" came only twice, from following the thread: firstly, between firstholliday and nikola, among others, which died down; secondly, revived by you and your untimely judgmental accusations.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Chao on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 pm

You still haven't answered my questions...

General Mojo wrote:Chao - as to your points, I reiterate that they are valid.

What of your own points then? If my points are valid, and they directly or indirectly contradict your points, then your points are..?

General Mojo wrote:In reality, all i was trying to do is add some perspective on (1) the particular circumstances at issue seeing as though we had experienced it in a previous game (which i believe it does), and (2) try to add some big picture perspective into the pissing match (which it obviously hasn't).

This could have been done without asserting moral superiority. A post like "I believe the game should be replayed because...[insert logical argument], and to show you I believe what I said, here's an example from one of my games." would have sufficed.

Satirical comments comparing THOTA's reaction to yours are unnecessary. You have every right to express your opinion, but there is no need to judge others in the process.

General Mojo wrote:At this point, discussing it further is only going to further derail this thread, so I am going to refrain from doing so.

Yeah, I see what you mean... but I'm trying to keep this discussion on topic. And no response qualifies as a concession in my book...

Sorry if I'm sounding overly-aggressive, but I am trying to make a point here. I have plenty of respect for you, and I don't mean in any way to insult you.

EDIT: .44 kinda beat me to it, but my points still stand. :P
Colonel Chao

Postby Seulessliathan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:39 am

who needs that family party on thursday if there is this lovely sit-in here with all the beautiful and friendly talk full of love and happyness? :P
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby firstholliday on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:34 am

Seulessliathan wrote:who needs that family party on thursday if there is this lovely sit-in here with all the beautiful and friendly talk full of love and happyness? :P

yoohhhoooooooooooo are there cookies?
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby comic boy on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:22 am

Certainly a lot of pious crap being spouted on this thread :lol:
Did it occur to anybody that I just assumed that the time out was an internet connection problem, seen it happen many times and have lost at least a couple of games myself because of it, never asked for any of those games to be replayed though :D
Fact is that I thought at the time that ,though it was unfortunate, it was simply one of those things that happen, I did not consider forfeiting any more than I would if somebody had missed their turn completely.
Now that I am more fully aware of the situation I would be happy to replay the game if anything out of the ordinary was found to have occured, not seen a shred of evidence to that effect yet though.
In my opinion nobody on my team has done a damned thing wrong and I truly resent the implied criticism and outright slanders that have been thrown at us. I have known FH a long time and he knows full well that my integrity and honesty have never been in question, he should be thoroughly ashamed of some of the accusations he has made about sportsmanship :evil: Having said that I do realise that he has spent too many times rolling around the beer bars of Pattaya and it was inevitable that the Pox and Yaba would eventually take their toll.........Happy Xmas :D
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby skillfull on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 am

The game goes on, it will be count in the clan war as it is and all the monkis respect Thotas.Happy Xmas everybody
Brigadier skillfull

Postby jpcloet on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:39 am

skillfull's account does not look like it was accessed from another area during Dec 18, 19 & 20. If it was an account sitter, a friend, or even skillfull himself that started that turn, that turn was done from skillfull's IP area.

Hope this helps to clarify......
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby comic boy on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:49 am

Waiting for some appologies and humble pie......... :lol:
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Seulessliathan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:50 am

jpcloet wrote:
skillfull's account does not look like it was accessed from another area during Dec 18, 19 & 20. If it was an account sitter, a friend, or even skillfull himself that started that turn, that turn was done from skillfull's IP area.

thank you for your help jp, i guess now we can move on, game will be played normal and count
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby firstholliday on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:12 am

comic boy wrote:Waiting for some appologies and humble pie......... :lol:

does not change a thing. Happy hollidays Comic
General firstholliday

Postby comic boy on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:27 am

firstholliday wrote:

Actually it makes everything crystal clear.
1) The screw up was at your end, nothing to do with hacking or CC.
2) Our team has been proved right for not offering any compensation for your team's error.
3) All the accusations thrown at us were bullshit.
4) Anybody with the least integrity or decency would now conceed he was hasty to throw crap and his refusal to do so speaks volumes for the man and any clanmates who condone his behaviour in this sorry affair. Indeed it would appear most unsportsmanlikeat this point not to appologise :lol: :lol: :lol:
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby firstholliday on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:48 am

comic boy wrote:
firstholliday wrote:

2) Our team has been proved right for not offering any compensation for your team's error.
4) Anybody with the least integrity or decency would now conceed he was hasty to throw crap and his refusal to do so speaks volumes for the man and any clanmates who condone his behaviour in this sorry affair. Indeed it would appear most unsportsmanlikeat this point not to appologise :lol: :lol: :lol:

omg... does it really makes a difference who pressed the button..Anyway. Sorry comic... :-s
General firstholliday

Postby comic boy on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:06 am

Now we are all buddies again.......spank me :lol:
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Re: THOTA vs. TSM (16-19) of 80 -- round 3 in Jan 2010 [ONGOING]

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:09 am

laddida wrote:Ill say this at least this thread has kept me entertained during work today. Made my day fly by pretty fast lol.

me too laddida, I enjoy coming in here at times reading up.

I wake up with coffee and the Thota vs Tsm posts, this is better than most news channels. :lol:
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:21 am

khazalid wrote:i did ask earlier but i think it got swamped under a deluge of comments... has an e-ticket been submitted yet? if something anomalous shows up it's not like we're going to to tell you guys to suck it up. i agree 100% with george's post and I can't see how there can be any other side to this debate. if it's a hack or a major bug then we replay, if it's anything else then game continues as it is. i'm pretty sure you'll find the rest of the clan willing to replay it with no questions asked if the mods report something suspicious.

and nik - shoosh

I hear you khaz, but, I have talked with many on CC and I have not heard of anyone having problems on that date and time with cc problems, many on cc took turns during that time, no one report anything in bugs or nothing. So, I also agree with myself, lol, and george, the most likely scenario is a Tsm member took the turn, I think some know this, therefore, we should move on.

Chances of a major bug during that time, when no other had one? 0%

Chances of a thota member hacking into skill's account and taking his turn? 5%
highly unlikely and may even be impossible unless skill gave a thota member his pw? but, why wouldn't they just sabotage all his games? makes no sense.

Chances of a Tsm member taking the turn? 95%
General Blitzaholic

Postby firstholliday on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:22 am

comic boy wrote:Now we are all buddies again.......spank me :lol:

Pay me first bitch
General firstholliday

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:28 am

Seulessliathan wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:Friends of TSM, I do not want to argue about this, I respect you all very much, I really do, most of you know this already. The bottom line is RESPONSIBILITY and all are for their own password and their turns. You cannot expect others to be irresponsible to make up for the one already, this makes no sense. It is like any sport, can you imagine in football a team accidently calls a timeout and the ref charges them a timeout and the coach and team gets mad because they did not want the timeout, it was a mistake/ Then that team asks the other team to call a timeout for their team to make it fair??? :lol:

You all know how stupid that sounds right? It would never happen in any game nor sport. I am not trying to be mean here, but, rather rational and logical. another example could be this, I was late for work today and I got in trouble, and I say to my c-worker, can you please be late tomorrow so you can be in trouble also. Chances are the co-worker is going to say to the tardy dude "Get Bent".

just a side note, sorry to prove you wrong Blitz, but sometimes players behave like that : Game 1582987

seul there is an exception to the rule like most thing in life, however, it is NOT the norm. I think laddida, khaz and george agreed with my earlier post on this matter.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:34 am

Chao wrote:Be civil, people...

nik & first, you guys aren't getting anywhere with your baiting...

As for GM:

General Mojo wrote:Fair enough, but its situations like these that expose people for who they truly are.

What are you trying to accomplish with that statement? (Or what point are you trying to get across?) It sounds like a bait to me...

General Mojo wrote: It is fairly evident from the game that something unfortunate happened during Skillful's turn which upset the competitive balance of the game...it is clearly obvious that a mistake was made since the guy didn't even deploy his troops...

Agreed, but...

General Mojo wrote: For me, it is a no brainer to do what you can to remedy the competitive balance, because taking advantage of another team's misfortune ruins an otherwise healthy competitive game environment.

So Mojo, you are saying if skill or any other monki logged on accidentally started the turn without realizing it, and logged off, they deserve a replay? (Not saying that actually happened; just a hypothetical scenario).

So if skill had misclicked and it had resulted in an obvious misdeployment, should THOTA compensate them for that?

If skill had attacked a teammate (and the move was clearly unintentional, should the next THOTA player attack a teammate as well?

Not trying to be patronizing... I just want to hear your opinion is all. :)

maybe nik and 1st will have another 80 game war on the battlefield to resolve it. :?
General Blitzaholic

Postby Seulessliathan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:36 am

Blitzaholic wrote: .....It would never happen in any game nor sport.....
sic

Blitzaholic wrote:seul there is an exception to the rule like most thing in life, however, it is NOT the norm. I think laddida, khaz and george agreed with my earlier post on this matter.

if you think that exceptions are possible, why would you use the term "never" ? you would say it´s rare. Using the word "never" doesn´t make sense to me, so i thought you really meant no exception would be possible. I guess you are a native speaker, so it´s not a translation problem?
Last edited by Seulessliathan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 am

firstholliday wrote:
Seulessliathan wrote:who needs that family party on thursday if there is this lovely sit-in here with all the beautiful and friendly talk full of love and happyness? :P

I would like to have a cookie with my coffee if you do mind seul :D
General Blitzaholic

Postby Seulessliathan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:40 am

Blitzaholic wrote:
firstholliday wrote:

I would like to have a cookie with my coffee if you do mind seul :D

nasty boy ... stay away from my cookies .... 1st will give you some bananas for your coffee ;)
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:41 am

jpcloet wrote:

bingo

like I said ;)

thx JP
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 am

firstholliday wrote:
comic boy wrote:
firstholliday wrote:

omg... does it really makes a difference who pressed the button..Anyway. Sorry comic... :-s

thx for the apology to comic firsty, now you can spank him :lol:
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 am

Seulessliathan wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote: .....It would never happen in any game nor sport.....
sic

Blitzaholic wrote:seul there is an exception to the rule like most thing in life, however, it is NOT the norm. I think laddida, khaz and george agreed with my earlier post on this matter.

if you think that exceptions are possible, why would you use the term "never" ? you would say it´s rare. Using the word "never" doesn´t make sense to me, so i thought you really meant no exception would be possible. I guess you are a native speaker, so it´s not a translation problem?

:lol: scientists said man would NEVER fly, but we did. :D

can I have one cookie now? :)
Last edited by Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Blitzaholic

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges