Conquer Club

Clan League: Season 2 (2009-2010) - Schedules

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League Season 2 Schedules

Postby jpcloet on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:02 pm

Just for clarity, this is how it ended up. Had to use some judgment on Div 2 since some clans have no results, but indirectly some history.

1 THOTA
2 Legends of War
3 The Spanking Monkeys
4 Imperial Dragoons
5 Immortal Assassins
6 Generation 1: The Clan
7 Sky Force
8 EMPIRE
9 ++The Legion++
10 Angels of Death
11 Black Sheep Squadron
12 Left4Dead
13 Mythology
14 De Veroveraars der Lage Landen
15 The Bullet-Proof Bandits
16 Knights of the Round Table

17 The Last Warriors
18 Dragon Lazorz Pew Pew
19 Nemesis
20 Outlaws & Highwaymen
21 Brethren of the Fat Mermaid
22 Agents Of Chaos
23 Flame Whores
24 The Odd Fellows Union
25 The Dark Knights of Chaos
26 Grim Reapers
27 Exictium
28 Eternal Empire
29 Water's Fury
30 Death By Comity
31 Soldiers of War
32 BYE
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby jpcloet on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:02 pm

lord voldemort wrote:i would of thought tofu would be an easy choice too...

They have no results as a clan.......yet. I suspect they will do well though.

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:05 pm

jpcloet wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:i would of thought tofu would be an easy choice too...

They have no results as a clan.......yet. I suspect they will do well though.

fair enuf...will be fun to watch that then...
nice work though jp
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby TheBro on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 pm

What is with the All Star team? Can I sign up for that now?

But seriously, is it gonna be like an All Star team for D1 vs All Star team for D2? That would be fun I think.
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
Colonel TheBro

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:26 pm

TheBro wrote:What is with the All Star team? Can I sign up for that now?

But seriously, is it gonna be like an All Star team for D1 vs All Star team for D2? That would be fun I think.

Now that is a cool Idea. All Star team is to honor people who have done well in the league.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lord V :D

I'm quite happy for us to start where we are in Div2A. I couldn't see jp arrange it any other way seeing as we're a clan that only came into being a few weeks ago and it would set a dangerous precedent (despite having members who came away with possibly the best stats in the last CLA, hehe). Maybe All Star inclusion as a consolation? ;)

Fantastic work on getting this organised you guys - really impressive. If there was an icon with me raising my hat I'd post it, but you'll have to make do with a well-deserved =D> dose of the clap.
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby HardAttack on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:34 am

Great work from J.P. once more again, and nemesis appreciates you as all others do.

However, nemesis believes her being drafted in Div 2 is a mistake.
Not a matter of ego or something similar, however not all of them but a large amonth of Div 2 clans and challenge against them will give us no taste.
I have sent a PM to J.P. in which i stated the mistakes those i believe. Therefore i am not putting my 4-5 mistake samples here once more again, but if asked i can for sure.
As a result, Nemesis is reconsidering her position in League 2, if she is going to participate or not will be clear in 36 hours. Nemesis is going to state her final decision here after completion of 36 hours with terms and reasons listed.

Regards all,
H.A.
Last edited by HardAttack on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby waseemalim on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:31 am

how did BpB and Left4Dead get into Division 1??

I mean the Last Warriors rank higher than them on the CLA ranking and participated in Clan league 1.
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:04 am

waseemalim wrote:how did BpB and Left4Dead get into Division 1??

I mean the Last Warriors rank higher than them on the CLA ranking and participated in Clan league 1.

BPB I can see, but L4D leaves me wondering a bit. Although I bet the Last Warriors may have requested to be put into D2 If not they got the shaft. Either way should be fun. :)
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby ga7 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:24 am

You obviously haven't played The Last Warriors then :P Bpb is a more controversial choice than us simply given their activity as a real clan so far IMO.
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby jpcloet on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:33 am

HardAttack wrote:Great work from J.P. once more again, and nemesis appreciates you as all others do.

However, nemesis believes her being drafted in Div 2 is a mistake.
Not a matter of ego or something similar, however not all of them but a large amonth of Div 2 clans and challenge against them will give us no taste.
I have sent a PM to J.P. in which i stated the mistakes those i believe. Therefore i am not putting my 4-5 mistake samples here once more again, but if asked i can for sure.
As a result, Nemesis is reconsidering her position in League 2, if she is going to participate or not will be clear in 36 hours. Nemesis is going to state her final decision here after completion of 36 hours with terms and reasons listed.

Regards all,
H.A.

See my detailed pm response to your pm. Nemesis was considered for D1 but just missed the cut.

All clans in Season 1 were to stay in Div1, except those that missed multiple games by default. Hence TLW and the Regulators were moved down. BPB beat BSS and are giving IA (a top 5 clan) a good run currently. Left4Dead got into D1 based on their ladder ranking. They were the top ranked clan (next to DLPP who farmed a nobody clan) that wasn't in Season 1. KOTR tied G1 (another top clan) so they were also considered ahead of Nemesis.

Basically due to that logic, I ran out of spots in D1 since there was no relegation rule in place in Season 1. Had TLW not missed games and the Regulators were playing. L4D and KOTR would not be in Div 1.

Postby jpcloet on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:36 am

TheBro wrote:What is with the All Star team? Can I sign up for that now?

I have to count the number of players in each Division, but I was thinking Div 1 1st Team playing Div 2 1st Team after the playoffs for fun. I was also looking at naming 2nd Team All-Stars as well, although probably not playing each other. Someone mentioned that these players should get medals, but have not figured out how to do that.

Postby Big Whiskey on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:00 am

I still feel that all of THOTA should have won medals for winning the 1st clan league.Same with whoever wins the 2nd.
General Big Whiskey

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 am

ga7 wrote:You obviously haven't played The Last Warriors then :P Bpb is a more controversial choice than us simply given their activity as a real clan so far IMO.

Actually I did play LTW when I was in IA... We went 10-0 that week. :)
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:07 am

Big Whiskey wrote:I still feel that all of THOTA should have won medals for winning the 1st clan league.Same with whoever wins the 2nd.

Good call on this one. Seeing as it is now a tournament I see no reason not to start with this season at least.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Stroop on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:13 am

jpcloet wrote:All clans in Season 1 were to stay in Div1, except those that missed multiple games by default. Hence TLW and the Regulators were moved down. BPB beat BSS and are giving IA (a top 5 clan) a good run currently. KOTR tied G1 (another top clan) so they were also considered ahead of Nemesis.

Impressive feats, no doubt, but why do we even have the reliability factor in the RPI ladder if you're going to ignore it?

Left4Dead got into D1 based on their ladder ranking. They were the top ranked clan (next to DLPP who farmed a nobody clan) that wasn't in Season 1.

Must be an old ladder, because right now Nemesis is above L4D.

Nemesis will play, but I can't say I understand why you filled the divisions like you did.
Major Stroop

Postby TheBro on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:00 am

Just wipe the floor with your division, and be in D1 for season 3.
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
Colonel TheBro

Postby HardAttack on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am

TheBro wrote:Just wipe the floor with your division, and be in D1 for season 3.

Thanks buddy, the best we can do atm. However taste is some lemonish you know what i mean.
Gl in Div 2A to you as well.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby jpcloet on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am

Stroop wrote:Must be an old ladder, because right now Nemesis is above L4D.

Nemesis will play, but I can't say I understand why you filled the divisions like you did.

I will update the ladder tonight, I believe the posted ladder (Aug 8th) is missing several recent results, including a recent L4D win over Flame Whores. The ladder is not perfect (not sure if it will ever be consider perfect) and is meant as a guide. I feel that it is reasonably accurate, moreso for the top 10-15 clans. I can see a few tweaks that we'll need to make, but we'll deal with that a little later. It is unfortunate that you did not challenge stronger clans, or that your battle vs L4D is not done. A win over L4D might have put you into D1 in the league. Consider it bad timing I guess. If you really are a top 16 clan, you should have no problems cleaning up in D2. As I pm'd HardAttack, don't underestimate some of the clans you will face in your Division, they are stronger than you think. A couple should be walk-overs, but anything can happen.

Postby jpcloet on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Big Whiskey wrote:I still feel that all of THOTA should have won medals for winning the 1st clan league.Same with whoever wins the 2nd.

Good call on this one. Seeing as it is now a tournament I see no reason not to start with this season at least.

I would love to continue this discussion in the CLA as this is going off-topic and there are several concerns/issues.

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:19 am

jpcloet wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

I would love to continue this discussion in the CLA as this is going off-topic and there are several concerns/issues.

We can and shall, but Big Whiskey is not in with us. Blitz will have to let him know. :)
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jpcloet on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:23 am

As this is a special exception by Admin for Tournament rights, no medals should be expected.

CLA discussion on Medals Possibilities across all clan activities:

viewtopic.php?f=295&t=94607

Postby HardAttack on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am

jpcloet wrote:
Stroop wrote:Must be an old ladder, because right now Nemesis is above L4D.

I will update the ladder tonight, I believe the posted ladder (Aug 8th) is missing several recent results, including a recent L4D win over Flame Whores. The ladder is not perfect (not sure if it will ever be consider perfect) and is meant as a guide. I feel that it is reasonably accurate, moreso for the top 10-15 clans. I can see a few tweaks that we'll need to make, but we'll deal with that a little later. It is unfortunate that you did not challenge stronger clans, or that your battle vs L4D is not done. A win over L4D might have put you into D1 in the league. Consider it bad timing I guess. If you really are a top 16 clan, you should have no problems cleaning up in D2. As I pm'd HardAttack, don't underestimate some of the clans you will face in your Division, they are stronger than you think. A couple should be walk-overs, but anything can happen.

Thanks for answers J.P.
After a little shock and dissapointment, we see no more good on walking on this. We believe it was not easy for you to give such a desicion. And thanks a lot for all this hell of work.

A few small points i would like to make if you allow me please. The top clan definition of you make is not the same but changes in your each post. Top 10 clan, top 15 16. I believe there must be a reliable definition of this. Who are top ten clan and with whom we should have clan challenges. We better know who they are then we do no mistake in our 4th clan challenge then will make sure of to face with one of those top ten clans. (or 15)
A side note, at the time L4D clan challenge started, L4D was #13 or 14 not sure the certain number. I couldnt have cut it down after the challenge started and you updated the ladder.

Anyway, my point here not to create a polemic. We are going to face with it. Btw, we see no stronger clan in our division compared to us. Not limitted with the division we are currently in, but in clan challenges which we are going to take in close future will proove what we are best. ;)

Again, thanks for nice work
All bests :D
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby jpcloet on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:38 am

We each have our own definitions. The older clans (currently ranked 1-11) are the core clans IMO. Keep in mind that I see the up to date ladder as I input results since it happens about once every 5 days now. The rest are pretenders or new clans. I will try and update the ladder publicly more often so we are all looking at the same data.

I will be impressed if Nemesis beat DLPP in Div2B, I will be intent on watching:

11 15-Nov-09 22-Nov-09 Dragon Lazorz Pew Pew Nemesis
27 07-Mar-10 14-Mar-10 Nemesis Dragon Lazorz Pew Pew

Postby HardAttack on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:44 am

jpcloet wrote:We each have our own definitions. The older clans (currently ranked 1-11) are the core clans IMO. Keep in mind that I see the up to date ladder as I input results since it happens about once every 5 days now. The rest are pretenders or new clans. I will try and update the ladder publicly more often so we are all looking at the same data.

I will be impressed if Nemesis beat DLPP in Div2B, I will be intent on watching:

11 15-Nov-09 22-Nov-09 Dragon Lazorz Pew Pew Nemesis
27 07-Mar-10 14-Mar-10 Nemesis Dragon Lazorz Pew Pew

I am not challenging against them at the moment. Cos they are not among top ten clan and they do not worth to waste my time. Once they worth for us to challenge, we will like to taste DLPP blood without any doubt. I have my special personal desire to send them six feet down under when they worth to.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives