Conquer Club

Power Rankings

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Power Rankings

Postby niMic on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Are clans ranking themselves in this? Wouldn't it be an idea to have the leaders rank every other clan but themselves? So if there's 30 clans, they just rank 1-29. That doesn't mean they're #30, of course.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Re: Clan Rankings (unofficial)

Postby Leehar on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:16 pm

niMic wrote:Are clans ranking themselves in this? Wouldn't it be an idea to have the leaders rank every other clan but themselves? So if there's 30 clans, they just rank 1-29. That doesn't mean they're #30, of course.

Chuuuuck wrote:
I will send out a PM to all clan leaders listing all active clans and ask for their votes. I will ask that each clan does not place their own clan in the rankings. I will also include several links where you can find data/results of all of the clans to better pick your votes. In the PM I will copy Incandenza from THOTA, and Chariot of Fire from TOFU. I will then BCC every clan leader so they can reply to all and send their votes to the 3 of us. The 3 of us will check all votes for integrity and make sure no one set of votes is trying to intentionally skew the results of the rankings. If we suspect this then we will ask the person who made the votes for
Last edited by Leehar on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:19 pm

niMic wrote:Are clans ranking themselves in this? Wouldn't it be an idea to have the leaders rank every other clan but themselves? So if there's 30 clans, they just rank 1-29. That doesn't mean they're #30, of course.

I have asked in the original post and in the PM asking for votes that each clan does not rank themselves.

Some people have ranked themselves anyway, I am just taking that vote out of their list of votes when I get one that has ranked themselves.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby niMic on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:

I have asked in the original post and in the PM asking for votes that each clan does not rank themselves.

Some people have ranked themselves anyway, I am just taking that vote out of their list of votes when I get one that has ranked themselves.

Ah, sorry, must have missed that. Redundant suggestion, then :P
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:

Give Blitz a break, he sees a list and he has to be on it somehow :lol:
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby cpurcell on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am

How soon can we expect results? I'm not trying to rush the system here, I'm sure Nemesis wasn't the first to get their votes in, and I definitely think that all leaders should have the opportunity to vote, I'm just excited to see the results :)

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:40 am

cpurcell wrote:How soon can we expect results? I'm not trying to rush the system here, I'm sure Nemesis wasn't the first to get their votes in, and I definitely think that all leaders should have the opportunity to vote, I'm just excited to see the results :)

---C

We are getting a good number of them in soon. I would expect some results in the next few days.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby andy_is_awesome on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm curious.

Of the invites sent, what percentage of them did you get back? How many expected?
Hopefully majority took the time to contribute here. I can't wait to see the results.
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:58 am

If I counted right, I have got 13 sets of votes in. There are 1 or 2 that I know are still coming that I do not have yet. I am also going to message the other 15-20 leaders 1 more time asking if they plan on participating and if yes that it will need to be done in the next day or two.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Lubawski on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:35 pm

As sad as it is, I haven't responded yet. I'm too damn busy to put the required effort into it. Screw it. I'll give up sleep right now and do it. I'll have it to you in an hour or so Chuck.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Namor on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Sorry for the delay on the AoC list... it's on it's way.

Must say though, if you are thinking of doing this every six months or so, then you may find it difficult to keep up.

No names, but here are a couple of examples from our clan, when I asked for their input;

I guess the problem in this kind of ranking is that it involves too many unknown or close to unknown names. When we were ranking clans for the CC cup, it was all about active clans that had played at least 2 challenges. This list is too big to do an easy and good judgment of. Every time I think about starting to do it, I start doing something more interesting instead... :?

Sorry Namor, but I attempted to start ranking and realized I don't really know enough about the other clans. I looked at the links and found myself ranking them exactly as they were in the CC Cup. I didn't think that was fair, so I stopped.
Colonel Namor

Postby Chuuuuck on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:46 pm

I agree Namor. Some have struggled towards the bottom but everyone has seemed to get it in. I am open for suggestions every 6 months. We talked about maybe only doing a top 20 list or top 25 but we thought that wasn't fair because every clan should be recognized. Even if they are at the bottom they should recognize they are there and then be able to set goals for themselves and hopefully see improvement by the next batch of votes.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:I agree Namor. Some have struggled towards the bottom but everyone has seemed to get it in. I am open for suggestions every 6 months. We talked about maybe only doing a top 20 list or top 25 but we thought that wasn't fair because every clan should be recognized. Even if they are at the bottom they should recognize they are there and then be able to set goals for themselves and hopefully see improvement by the next batch of votes.

For those who say their clan is not known. Beat a few clans and you will get known pretty quick.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Whilst I respect every clan's option to keep their rankings discreet and anonymous I see no harm in making public those as submitted by TOFU (maybe we should all go public and keep this whole exercise 'above board', thereby inviting the approval/ridicule of the entire clan community to whom it pertains).

Here is the list from TOFU:

1. THOTA
2. LoW
3. IA
4. TSM
5. KoRT
6. BpB
7. Empire
8. Nemesis
9. Legion
10. BFM
11. ID
12. Mythology
13. AoD
14. AoC
15. G1
16. FOED
17. O&H
18. BSS
19. AFoS
20. LotZ
21. MM
22. Dynasty
23. DvLL
24. EE
25. L4D
26. DD
27. TLW
28. DBC
29. Devil's Brig.
30. Grim Reapers
31. SoW
32. Imp. Britain
33. Proj. Firestorn
34. Hell's Mess
35. Karma
36. Gorgonzola

Anyone care to ask THOTA where they placed TOFU?
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:37 pm

only problem with your rankings is DD - Divine Domination is gone. The clan no longer exist. Also where are disciples for christ?
Last edited by Bruceswar on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby danryan on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:41 pm

I'll play. And yes DD folded but that was after the request for votes had gone out.

1. THOTA
2. TOFU
3. TSM
4. IA
5. LOW
6. EMPIRE
7. KORT
8. BPB
9. Nemesis
10. The Legion
11. G1
12. Imperial Dragoons
13. AOC
14. AOD
15. Mythology
16. DD
17. BSS
18. O&H
19. LoTZ
20. DVDLL
21. BotFM
22. Fistful of Sixes
23. Left 4 Dead
24. EE
25. Soldiers of War
26. Memento Mori
27. Dynasty
28. The Last Warriors
29. Grim Reapers
30. Imperial Britain
31. Devil's Brigade
32. Death By Comity
32. Hell's Messengers
33. Project Firestorm
34. Karma Clan
35. Gorgonzola Pirates
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby danryan on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:42 pm

By the way, I recognize I underrated Kort - these were done long before your war against Empire was done. So I know I missed that one.

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for playing along Dan. Maybe others will follow.
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:54 pm

DD was included in the vote because the rankings will show how how clans have performed in the past up until the voting time. Although DD is currently folding, they existed before the vote so we counted them in there, they will not be on the next one.

And yes, as discussed before this vote will be updated probably every 4-6 months and hopefully get easier for everyone and more organized as we go on. And I am sure, KoRT, with their impressive performance will move up accordingly. We almost have all of the votes in that we will be getting and I will have the rankings ready shortly thereafter. Thanks to everyone who has participated.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby cpurcell on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:08 pm

And what of Nemesis and their performance vs. THOTA? Does it seem right that the 8th or 9th ranked clan should be giving #1 a run for their money? :-s

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 pm

cpurcell wrote:And what of Nemesis and their performance vs. THOTA? Does it seem right that the 8th or 9th ranked clan should be giving #1 a run for their money? :-s

---C

That is up to each of the voters. But yes, I agree. Very impressive performance and definitely brings you up in my eyes.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:
cpurcell wrote:And what of Nemesis and their performance vs. THOTA? Does it seem right that the 8th or 9th ranked clan should be giving #1 a run for their money? :-s

---C

That is up to each of the voters. But yes, I agree. Very impressive performance and definitely brings you up in my eyes.

But these will not be reflected in the voting as both us and Nemesis come in after most have submitted their results.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Yes, that is true. Most votes were received before these results were apparent. They will be reflected next time around.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby danryan on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:35 pm

I'd probably have Nemesis in the top 5 if you didn't have freakns in there! :D

You have made a point in the CC as has KoRT. That's what will change these polls over time.

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Okay, I've talked to my partner and it's agreed that we don't really care so we're not participating in this. To be honest I don't feel that I know the other clans well enough to vote and not to be a bitch, but I kind of feel like this is just for bragging. These numbers don't mean anything to me. I'll admit to an idle curiosity on where my clan stands, but overall, if I never found out I'd be perfectly fine with it. I think my clan is great and if I ranked any other clan higher then I'd try to join them. Tell me: Is this going to have anything to do with how we already do things as clans? If not, then what's the point? This isn't going to change any opinion you have of a specific clan, only future experiences you have with the clan themselves can do that.

I totally agree w/ Chariot of Fire that if you have an opinion and want to offer it then it should be available for everyone to see and posted here. If you're willing to put it out there, you should be willing to post here to be seen. I'm not sure I like the PMing 3 people to work the numbers (although I don't doubt you three's integrity) when they could just get it from here and it's seen and could be tabulated independently.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives