Conquer Club

Perception of Top 10 Clans [Annually + Longevity]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Perception of TOP CC CLANS by Years

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 pm

here is george's list in case anyone did not see it:

Top Clans on CC
By Georgerx7di (TSM)

In lieu of the up coming Conquerorā€™s Cup and the controversy over the ladders, I have decided to do a opinion piece on the top clans on CC and personally rank them. As I write about clan wars, I find myself spending more and more time in the ā€œcompleted challengesā€ forum, where I have learned a good deal about our clans.

In preparing my rankings, I found that the first two spots were easy to fill based on available information. Spots 3-7 seemed to meld together at first and so I had to add more criteria to help me order them. Spots 8-10 were the hardest to fill, there were at least two or three clans that I had to leave off, who perhaps should have made it.

So here are the criteria I used to decide who the best clans on CC are:
1. Clan war record. This gives a good indication of how good a clan has been over the life of the clan.
2. Current CLA Season 2 record for the league. This is a good indicator of how good a clan is at the moment, albeit not a perfect indicator. Most of my top 10 list was derived from these two factors and from my own experiences playing these clans.
3. Who the clans won or lost to in clan challenges.
4. Input from experienced clan players. This is important because there are things that I will not have gotten around to looking at, for example people leaving or joining a clan.
5. Win percentage in clan wars. This becomes important when you have two clans who seem very equal. AOD for example lost a clan war to IA by a score of 11-9, that is a lot different then loosing 16-4 and so should not count so strongly against them. Now without further ado, here is (in my opinion) the top ten clans on CC.

Top 10 Clans on CC:

1. THOTA
THOTA has a 7-0 record in clan wars, by far the best of anyone. Three of their wins were against top ranked opponents. 32-28 over LOW, 53-47 over Imperial Dragoons and 41-19 over Generation 1. The rest are lesser known clans, but its worth noting that their victory over Death by committee was by a score of 35-5. THOTA is also the champion in the first season of the CLA League.

2. TSM
The Spanking Monkeys have a 3-0 record, all against top clans. They have defeated The Legion 25-15, Immortal Assassins 22-18 and LOW 34-26. LOW has kind of been the gateway to the top spots, if one could defeat them, then that clan would be ranked in the top 2 or 3 spots. All three of these have been traditionally considered top 10 clans, although The Legion has lost some good players very recently and will not make this top 10 list. The Spanking Monkeys are also leading division 1B in CLA Season 2 at the time of printing.

3. The Odd Fellows Union
TOFU has a 3-0 record over some very good clans. They have defeated The Imperial Dragoons 24-16 and Generation 1 25-15. Their third win came over Mythology by a margin of 30-10. I was hesitant to place TOFU so high on the list however because of the fact that they were placed in Division 2 in CLA League. However they have absolutely dominated division 2A (winning 83% of their games!), in a division that includes O&H, EE, and Divine Domination (more on DD below).

4. Immortal Assassins
The Immortal Assassins have a 3-1 record in clan wars, including defeats over AOD and BPB. Their only loss is to TSM (above). IA is also in second place in division 1A in this seasonā€™s CLA League, ahead of THOTA who is in third place and behind KORT.

5. Legends of War
Their 5 wins are pretty impressive. They won a 36-24 match over Empire (ranked 6th on this list) and a 16-8 win over The Untouchables, who would have been considered for the top 10 if the clan were still in existence. LOW also defeated G1 28-12, and crushed PE 25-5. LOW had a record of 5-2 up till recently. Their only losses had come at the hands of the top 2 clans on this list; THOTA 32-28 and TSM 34-26 and are in second place in division 1B, only a half game behind TSM. With all this they might have been 3rd or 4th out of the top 10, however they were recently defeated, and quite soundly, by O&H (see issue 24 of The CC dispatch). With this 3rd loss, many no longer consider LOW to be at the very top. However, as their defeat of Empire, and their cla performance shows, LOW is still a clan to be taken seriously and that is why they earned my number 5 spot.

6. Empire
Empire has an impressive 7-1 record including wins over The Legion, The Imperial Dragoons, Nemesis, BSS and a somewhat underrated Agents of Chaos. Empire blasted Nemesis 41-23 handing them their first loss. There are a few other blowout wins, AOC 38-22, The Worlds of the Wort 15-5, however other wins were not so impressive. Empire defeated Black Sheep Squadron 21-19 and The Legion by an even smaller margin 16-15. None the less, had it not been for their loss to LOW, Empire might be ranked in the top 3.

Empire has also not been that impressive in CLA League, they currently have a 34-35 record and are 4th place in division 1A. Not an embarrassment by any means, considering that the clan above them in 3rd place is THOTA. Divisions 1A and 1B are filled with most of the best clans on CC, however to be ranked in the top 5 a clan has to be able to shine against this top competition. Empire gets 6th place for me.

7. Knights of the Round Table
The Knights of the Round Table seemed to be an all-star team in the making. They recruited many top players and were expected to take the clan world by storm (much in the way that TOFU has). They are leading division 1A, an impressive feat, above IA, THOTA and Empire, however their clan wars have not been as impressive.

KORT has a record of 1-0-1. Their first clan war ended in a 15-15 tie against Generation 1, a 3-5-1 clan with most of its losses coming to top clans. KORT came back to win their next clan war over The Brethren of the Fat Mermaid, (see issue 23 of The CC Dispatch) with a score that is currently listed at 38-17 with 5 games still not recorded. The Brethren are a good clan, with players like BoganGod and Draq, however with an 0-3 record it is hard to gauge the value of KORTā€™s victory over them. For these reasons KORT gets 7th place. Cla aside, they still have not proven themselves to be top 5 quality.

8. Nemesis
After jotting down my top 7 clans, it became more difficult to decide who would get the last three spots. So I made a spreadsheet with a few columns. I put a check in one column for every clan that had a winning record in clan wars. Next I put a check next to every clan that had a winning record in CLA. One thing jumped out at me. There were only two clans who were not already on my top 10 list, who had both winning clan records and winning records in the current season of CLA. One was Nemesis, the other was Agents of Chaos (more on them below). Nemesis has a 3-1 record with wins over Mythology, Imperial Britain and Left4Dead; their only loss coming to Empire (above). They also have a 36-28 record in CLA League, good for 4th place in division 1B.

9. Angels of Death
Angels of Death (formerly LOD) has an 9-4 record. Their 9 wins are all over mid-level clans, The Brethren or Mythology perhaps being the best of the bunch. Their losses however are mostly to good clans. They were beaten handily 37-23 by The Imperial Dragoons, however their other losses were all nail biters. They lost 23-22 against G1 and 11-9 against IA! Not a bad showing. Their other loss was a 5-4 loss to Freemium Forces in a 9 game clan war which probably should not count. AOD clearly deserves a spot in the top 10 with this record. However their CLA League performance has been less than stellar, 31-33 in division 1A. For this reason, and the absence of any victories over top ranked clans, AOD gets a 9th place rank from me.

10. Imperial Dragoons
This was the toughest clan to place on this list. The Imperial Dragoons have a 3-3 record, the only clan on this list that isn't over .500. Surely I couldnā€™t put ID above Empire (6-1) who defeated ID. Perhaps I could have put them above AOD, who ID had defeated. IDā€™s losses were all to top clans, THOTA, TOFU and Empire. Their wins were over AOD, Skyforce and a 13 game win over Murder Inc. Overall not bad, and they beat AOD by a margin of 37-23. They also lost to THOTA 53-47, a pretty good showing.

However to be considered a top clan one has to win. Itā€™s hard to put a 3-3 clan above a 9-4 clan. Also, ID has a 32-37 record in CLA division 1A, good for 5th place in that division. This tells me that perhaps ID is not as good as they have been in the past. However should they win their current challenge against IA (it's tied at 15-15), I would have to bump them up a couple of spots on the list, perhaps even above KORT. :o

Honorable Mentions:

BPB
The Bullet Proof Bandits have had an impressive showing in the CLA League, currently 39-25 and in 3rd place in division 1B. On the other hand, their clan war record is a pedestrian 1-1. They have a win over BSS, nothing to sneeze at, but only by a margin of 21-19. Their loss came at the hands of IA, a clan that I think very highly of. In the end two clan challenges just weren't enough to put them above AOD or ID.

O&H
The Outlaws and Highwaymen officially show a record of 2-2, however their two most recent victories have not been recorded. They will be at 4-2 when their two clan wars finish, including an impressive win over LOW (see issue 24). On the other hand their CLA League performance is a poultry 16-24 in division 2B. Another problem is their two losses. They lost to BSS (a good clan, but not in my top 10) and Divine Domination, a clan playing in their first clan war. O&H would have to be ranked around 11 or 12 at the moment for me. On the other hand, should they win their next clan war against G1 (they currently lead 5-4), this could solidify them as a top 10 contender.

AOC
I actually consulted some experts on this one. My final two spots had come down to AOD, ID, BPB, O&H, and AOC, and I was seriously considering putting Agents of Chaos in the 9 or 10 spot on the list. They have a 3-1-1 record and are leading their division in CLA League. So why didnā€™t they make the top 10. For one thing, their three wins all came against very low ranked clans. They had a tie against Mythology, not bad, but Mythology didnā€™t make the top 10 either. The only top clan that they played was Empire, and they lost that war 38-22. Finally, although they are crushing their division in CLA League (27-13), it is division 2B.

For AOC to move up to the top 10, they have to beat a top clan and/or win in division 1 CLA. So although they are a good clan, they still have not proven themselves to be at the very to of CC clan competition. A win against an AOD or Nemesis is probably what it would take to vault them up to the top 10.

Rising Star

Divine Domination
I will end with an up and coming clan to watch for in the future. Divine domination has completed 1 clan war, defeating O&H by a score of 33-27, not bad for a clanā€™s first challenge. Donā€™t forget that O&H is the clan that just defeated LOW by a good margin. DD is also in second place in division 2A, with a loosing record albeit (19-21), but every clan in that division has a losing record. TOFU is rolling 2A with an 83% win percentage. However, to be in second place behind TOFU is not a bad spot for a new clan, and they are just a few games shy of being over .500. I suspect that this will be a clan to keep an eye on.

Final comments

Itā€™s unlikely that anyone will agree on the exact ranking of every clan. Some will place more value on players they know in the clan, or how they think the clan will perform in the future. I went with a system that weighed more on the past and more on winning and loosing clan wars because I felt that one cannot guess how a clan will do in the future. A record on the other hand is something that a clan has proven. And after all, winning clan wars is what we all strive for, not winning percentage. I personally would much rather my clan win 3 wars 21-19 then win 1 war 34-16 and loose 2 wars 19-21. So this is how I graded clans, how many wars did they win and how many they lost. As Bill Belichick, coach of the New England Patriots once said, ā€œStats are for losers, final scores are for winnersā€.

my opinion would be this and 10.0 being perfect:

1. Thota 9.7
2. Tsm 9.6
3. Tofu 9.5
4. IA 9.1
5. Empire 9.0
6. Kort 6.9
7. O+H 6.7
8. Low 6.5
9. Dragoons 6.3
10. Nemesis 6.2
11. AOD 6.1
12. BpB 6.0

I would agree george since over 21 clans voted on the conquer cup created by chuuuuck and he has the results, that is a POLL that had a massive amount that came up with ranks, and that poll was reflected in here earlier. As you can see my top 10 to 12 is slightly different then george's and both of ours is slightly different then Jp's ladder system, but, again, there is no perfect system, and this is why I changed the title to Perception of Top clans by years. It is going to be subjective regardless of what you use, but, I would think a majority of the players on CC who have played in clans have a pretty good idea that the lists on page one are fairly reasonable, and I am open to changing the ranks as I have many times already, one thing we all had in common was the rankings of the top 3 to 5 clans are striking accurate, it is when you dip lower then that is when it gets a little muddled.
Last edited by Blitzaholic on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

O&H at 6th? They are failing in D2 of the league.... Empire at 5 who are 21 games back in D1? Seriously? Good to know you took into account all the data ;)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:55 pm

:oops: I had Kort 6th I mean, typo

yeah I have o+H and nemesis maybe a little high up, but, they played pretty good overall, maybe not the clan league, but we didn't either.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Blitzaholic wrote::oops: I had Kort 6th I mean, typo

yeah I have o+H and nemesis maybe a little high up, but, they played pretty good overall, maybe not the clan league, but we didn't either.

Ahh yes everybody has a down week, but in general the league is a good gauge of a clan's week to week stamina. If you slip one week it shows up in the League results. This is not accounting for dice as we all have the same dice.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby danryan on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Bruceswar wrote:O&H at 6th? They are failing in D2 of the league.... Empire at 5 who are 21 games back in D1? Seriously? Good to know you took into account all the data ;)

I'm not sure what's happening in the clan league to be completely honest. It certainly seems like my organization of it is causing some problems (not that going 2-14 against TOFU is going to help). We'll happily take on KORT when you guys are ready for an easy challenge. We should be done with G1 in the next two weeks and after that our dance card will have some room.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby danryan on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:04 pm

Bruceswar wrote:

Ahh yes everybody has a down week, but in general the league is a good gauge of a clan's week to week stamina. If you slip one week it shows up in the League results. This is not accounting for dice as we all have the same dice.

It's also convenient to place weight on the clan league when that's where your success is. Maybe after your clan challenge record improves you'll assign more weight to those?

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:05 pm

danryan wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:O&H at 6th? They are failing in D2 of the league.... Empire at 5 who are 21 games back in D1? Seriously? Good to know you took into account all the data ;)

I'm not sure what's happening in the clan league to be completely honest. It certainly seems like my organization of it is causing some problems (not that going 2-14 against TOFU is going to help). We'll happily take on KORT when you guys are ready for an easy challenge. We should be done with G1 in the next two weeks and after that our dance card will have some room.

To be honest... I am shocked.. I thought you guys would be doing much better.... then again I do not know what is going on... on the inside.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby hiddendragon on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:12 pm

BSS defeated O&H
Sergeant 1st Class hiddendragon

Postby jpcloet on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Blitz, 2010 just started, you should remove that. Sooooo preemptive.

Also, what basis are you ranking clans? Wars? Player composition?
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Georgerx7di on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 pm

danryan wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

It's also convenient to place weight on the clan league when that's where your success is. Maybe after your clan challenge record improves you'll assign more weight to those?

to be honest bruce he has a point. It would be just as easy for empire and AOD to claim that clan war wins are more important. I would have to respectfully disagree with you bruce. In my opinion Empire and LOW both have better records than Kort. There are only 3 clans out there with 7 or more wins in clan wars and Empire is one of them.

Kort has some great players, but I think that you guys have to win some clan wars to move up the list. Also I don't like the idea of measuring stamina when we're talking about games that are sometimes lost because someone is having a baby or a power outage or some other real life issue. I did take cla into acount in my list though, that is why O&H and the legion didn't make the list, and partly why ID got 10th.

Luckily though, this discussion will be a nice lead-in to KORT playing Empire in the cup. I guess that will likely settle any debate, I'll be watching that one :D
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm

danryan wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

And no I put a fair weight on both, though with the league a clan can move up or down given how long the season is. Clan wars last 6 to 8 weeks. Season last 6 to 8 months... A bit different. Take the regulators for example... When Season 1 started they were picked as a possible top 5 finisher. They did not even complete the league and were 40 or so down at leagues end.

Not to poke sticks, but ID from this season started strong in 1st place after week 2... Now 19 back

This is not about KORT and our record... this is about the whole body of work...

I was not poking your top 10 george, but rather blitz's....

Given the amount of time needed to play the league, you really see which clans can do it every week rather than just a few weeks here and there. Hence why THOTA won season 1, with LoW and TSM following close behind them.
Last edited by Bruceswar on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Incandenza on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:Luckily though, this discussion will be a nice lead-in to KORT playing Empire in the cup. I guess that will likely settle any debate, I'll be watching that one :D

I wouldn't assume that Kort is going to beat G1... ;)
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby danryan on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 pm

hiddendragon wrote:BSS defeated O&H

That was a great challenge last year, and we look forward to a rematch soon. Don't know that 120 games are in the cards though :D .

Re: TOP CC CLANS by Years

Postby Scott-Land on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Seulessliathan wrote:`this post is just for Blitz, not interesting for other people, simply ignore it please:

Blitzaholic wrote:lol, I am not picking on him, just had some fun. I misspell all the time due to my impatience, lol, thx CoF

sure you do, and iĀ“m tired of this Mike. English isnĀ“t my first language and believe me, i know i donĀ“t speak it well and i never liked it. It was my worst subject in school and i still try to avoid it. If you want to pick on people because of their language, talk to them in their own language and check if you do better.

Anderenfalls solltest du einfach mal ruhig sein und nicht alles und jeden sofort kritisieren und die Klappe aufreiƟen, sobald irgendwer keine Lust hat dir alles nachzuplappern und dabei zuzujubeln.
Letzte Woche hast du wer weiƟ wie rumgeflucht und meine Kameraden beleidigt, dann dich plƶtzlich entschuldigt und alles nicht so gemeint, jetzt machst du dich Ć¼ber meine Sprachkenntnisse lustig , ohne bewiesen zu haben, dass du die meine besser beherrscht als ich die deine. Dazu kommen zahllose andere BeitrƤge, die nicht gerade von deiner WertschƤtzung anderen gegenĆ¼ber zeugen. Manchmal mag es klug sein das Maul nicht soweit aufzureiƟen, wir wollen hier alle einfach nur eine nette Zeit verbringen und zusammen SpaƟ haben, aber was du hier manchmal von dir gibst ist nicht gerade das, was zur Unterhaltung vieler beizutragen in der Lage ist.

happy2seeyou wrote:Ohh Sasssay German talk. Tell me more

He can sass in about 4 other languages too.
Major Scott-Land

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:15 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:
danryan wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

to be honest bruce he has a point. It would be just as easy for empire and AOD to claim that clan war wins are more important. I would have to respectfully disagree with you bruce. In my opinion Empire and LOW both have better records than Kort. There are only 3 clans out there with 7 or more wins in clan wars and Empire is one of them.

Kort has some great players, but I think that you guys have to win some clan wars to move up the list. Also I don't like the idea of measuring stamina when we're talking about games that are sometimes lost because someone is having a baby or a power outage or some other real life issue. I did take cla into acount in my list though, that is why O&H and the legion didn't make the list, and partly why ID got 10th.

Luckily though, this discussion will be a nice lead-in to KORT playing Empire in the cup. I guess that will likely settle any debate, I'll be watching that one :D

Thanks for the kind words George. I also very much look forward to that match.

I think the argument between weight of CLA and clan wars is a popular one and very important. I try to avoid the argument because I am not sure which one is exactly right. I know I personally put little weight in the CLA because it is very doubles heavy and the 8 game challenges frustrate me. I know this is easy for me to say because we aren't doing too well in the CLA but I have had this opinion long before CLA ever started. It just doesn't peak my interest near as much as any given clan war.

I would like to point out that is just my opinion, not the opinion of Empire.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby sjnap on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Incandenza wrote:
Georgerx7di wrote:Luckily though, this discussion will be a nice lead-in to KORT playing Empire in the cup. I guess that will likely settle any debate, I'll be watching that one :D

Very true. It will be much harder then our CLA WK 18 :-^
Brigadier sjnap

Postby Georgerx7di on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Incandenza wrote:

Oh snap girl, he did not just go there.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Incandenza on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:25 pm

sjnap wrote:
Incandenza wrote:

You're right, it was a big disappointment for us to lose an 8-game week to a B-class clan with no significant wins to its credit. But you know what they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Colonel Incandenza

Postby Foxglove on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Incandenza wrote:
sjnap wrote:
Incandenza wrote:

You're right, it was a big disappointment for us to lose an 8-game week to a B-class clan with no significant wins to its credit. But you know what they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day...

:shock:

I think you just turned the trash-talking up to 11.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby sjnap on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:
danryan wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

KORT has some great players ??? :-s
I truly think there is any clan on the site who has more greater players. Have a good look to the line-up.
And not to forget we lost one of the best players of the site. Prismsaber. Still hoping though he comes back O:)
Dont understand me wrong. I am not saying we are the best clan. I even dont want us to be the best clan.
Thats why we not only accept great players but also friends and nice players into the clan.
It takes alot of drama and stress to be the best clan. Believe me I can know it ;)
What I prefer is a friendsclan having fun.
And that is what we are !!!
Brigadier sjnap

Postby sjnap on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
sjnap wrote:
Incandenza wrote:

:shock:

Dont take him to serious Foxy. Some people just havent enough respect for others.
But you know what they say in Holland Burt ; Dont make yourself better then you are ;)
Brigadier sjnap

Postby Master Fenrir on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:I know I personally put little weight in the CLA because it is very doubles heavy and the 8 game challenges frustrate me.

EXACTLY.

People have different opinions about the dice, but it is understood that "randomness" is more apparent over a larger sample size. This is one of the reasons that I prefer quads games. Even if I fail to conquer a single territory all game, I have 3 teammates who could potentially compensate.

In dubs, 1-2 rounds of good/bad dice can and usually do seal the deal for the entire game. With half of the games for the CLA determined by dubs games, I find I can't take the results too seriously. I mean absolutely no disrespect to the the CC dubs specialists when I say that. I'm just saying that the 4 dubs games in each series maximizes the potential for unfair dice determining the outcome.

My opinion on clans is based much more on their performance in clan wars with more equal team game distributions. If next year the CLA were to adopt a 3 dubs, 3 trips, 3 quads format, I could take the CLA standings more seriously.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Incandenza on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:14 am

sjnap wrote:
Foxglove wrote: :shock:

Dont take him to serious Foxy. Some people just havent enough respect for others.
But you know what they say in Holland Burt ; Dont make yourself better then you are ;)

It's hard to be humble when our bad-assery is so apparent... 8-)

Ah, I'm just messing with you guys, I like too many people in your clan to be a proper bastard about the trash-talk.

It just occurred to me that what CC really needs is a heel clan ("heel" being the technical term for a bad-guy wrestler, for anyone that for various reasons didn't spend a decent chunk of the 80's watching American pro wrestling). BPB comes close sometimes, but they're too damn funny to be real bad guys. And everyone talks shit, and in every clan there's that one mouthy guy that you kinda want to punch, but no one's yet taken it nearly far enough to be universally hated, the way people hated the Iron Sheik or Ted DiBiase.

This discursive aside has been brought to you by Stella Artois and a brain turned to mush by several consecutive hours watching Hell's Kitchen.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:16 am

Master Fenrir wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:I know I personally put little weight in the CLA because it is very doubles heavy and the 8 game challenges frustrate me.

EXACTLY.

People have different opinions about the dice, but it is understood that "randomness" is more apparent over a larger sample size. This is one of the reasons that I prefer quads games. Even if I fail to conquer a single territory all game, I have 3 teammates who could potentially compensate.

In dubs, 1-2 rounds of good/bad dice can and usually do seal the deal for the entire game. With half of the games for the CLA determined by dubs games, I find I can't take the results too seriously. I mean absolutely no disrespect to the the CC dubs specialists when I say that. I'm just saying that the 4 dubs games in each series maximizes the potential for unfair dice determining the outcome.

My opinion on clans is based much more on their performance in clan wars with more equal team game distributions. If next year the CLA were to adopt a 3 dubs, 3 trips, 3 quads format, I could take the CLA standings more seriously.

You hit the nail on the head here MF. These CLA results week-by-week really could go either way when it's just 4 doubs, 2 trips and 2 quads (although I'm defeating my own argument a bit when TOFU are at an 83% win rate in a division that by no means has 'easy' competition). It would be nice if next season there could be 4:4:4 to give a better reflection of a result (after all, whilst there's a sense of urgency to set the games up, there's no hurry to have them completed).

Re the 'Top Clans'.....the 1-21 list as determined by the seedings for the Conqueror's Cup should not be used for 2010. The reason is I based my list on the strength of a clan's ability to compete in that tourney, not in a clan challenge (as the tourney has limitations on maps and number of games that a player can participate in). I compiled my list after checking the strength in depth of each clan as it will require a minimum of nine quality players, which doesn't necessarily hold true if drafting a list of 'Top 20 clans' which should be more geared to results in challenges and tournaments without restrictions.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:23 am

Ok all, I deleted this from page one.

2010 as of now-subject to change-voted on by 20 clans in the CUP clan tourney

1. Thota
2. Tsm
3. Tofu
4. Empire
5. IA
6. Low
7. Kort