Conquer Club

Interested in joining a competitive clan

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Interested in joining a competitive clan

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue May 11, 2010 12:34 am

I am looking into possibly joining some sort of competitive clan here. What makes a good clan? Cool name/banner? Similar interests? Win/loss record? Any recommendations?

As of the time of this posting, I have been playing here for a little over a month, my score is 1633, with 31 out of 81 games won (38%). I have only played in four team matches, of which I have won two of them. Should I be playing in more team matches?

What kind of benefits does one get from being in a clan? You get the banner, clan board access, and I assume periodic clan events. Anything else?

Sorry for all of the questions. Just wanted to jump in somewhere and get started. Thanks!
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Re: Interested in joining a competitive clan

Postby TheMissionary on Tue May 11, 2010 2:52 am

Well clans play in challenges. In order to be a good contributor to any clan, most clans seek players with plenty of experience in team play. If you plan on getting into a decent clan, you should work on playing more team games. Find some regular teammates, play a few games, meet some people. Eventually you'll find people you sort of 'click' with, and you'll find your clan. Every clan has a different atmosphere. Putting yourself out there isn't going to find you the one you enjoy the most. Good luck in your search.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby pmchugh on Tue May 11, 2010 6:03 pm

dwilhelmi wrote:I am looking into possibly joining some sort of competitive clan here. What makes a good clan? Cool name/banner? Similar interests? Win/loss record? Any recommendations?

As of the time of this posting, I have been playing here for a little over a month, my score is 1633, with 31 out of 81 games won (38%). I have only played in four team matches, of which I have won two of them. Should I be playing in more team matches?

What kind of benefits does one get from being in a clan? You get the banner, clan board access, and I assume periodic clan events. Anything else?

Sorry for all of the questions. Just wanted to jump in somewhere and get started. Thanks!

Right now, the clans that would take you wont be of top quality but you will learn a lot about team games at least. You should definately play in more team games, this can be very hard at the start as you will likely end up being stuck with noobs until you find some regular partners. Maybe post in callouts asking if anyone wants to play with you etc.

Clans participate in a lot of competitions, leagues, clan wars, cups etc. not to mention you will learn a lot. Though the best thing about clans imo is the people you meet, though if you see any serbians get out of there quick :-$
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby AgentSmith88 on Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm

pmchugh wrote:
dwilhelmi wrote:I am looking into possibly joining some sort of competitive clan here. What makes a good clan? Cool name/banner? Similar interests? Win/loss record? Any recommendations?

Right now, the clans that would take you wont be of top quality but you will learn a lot about team games at least. You should definately play in more team games, this can be very hard at the start as you will likely end up being stuck with noobs until you find some regular partners. Maybe post in callouts asking if anyone wants to play with you etc.

Clans participate in a lot of competitions, leagues, clan wars, cups etc. not to mention you will learn a lot. Though the best thing about clans imo is the people you meet, though if you see any serbians get out of there quick :-$

Some clans do have training groups as well, meant to get more team experience for those with little and also for a sort of tryout.

Clans play almost exclusively team games so that is what they look for in new members.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Return to Clan Archives