Conquer Club

CCup4 Comment Thread

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CCup4 Comment Thread

Postby denominator on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 am

The rules are rules for a reason. They haven't proven they can operate as a single clan yet, and that should be enough. But again, because they are a "top clan", they are being granted special privilege.

Let's say that they are allowed to participate. How will they possibly fit into the mixed seeding/random bracket you have created? You have combined two clans that were, according to the F400 rankings, both in the top 10 but have no possible rank for them together. You have to either bump one "deserving" clan from the top 16 seeded into the random pool, or place the new superclan into the random pool. Either way, it's an unfair situation for everyone.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Re: CCup4 Question Thread

Postby Foxglove on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 am

Doc_Brown wrote:On point 3: Thanks, and I agree. From what I've seen in the past, games whose outcome was clearly changed by a site bug have been happily recreated by both clans(i.e. when very even games were clearly decided by the bug), and I'm optimistic that that will continue to be the case.

I would actually say that statement is definitively not true.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 am

I told him he should have edited it, lol
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Foxglove on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:55 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:I told him he should have edited it, lol

lol. I mean it is what it is - but he shouldn't lie about it.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:On point 3: Thanks, and I agree. From what I've seen in the past, games whose outcome was clearly changed by a site bug have been happily recreated by both clans(i.e. when very even games were clearly decided by the bug), and I'm optimistic that that will continue to be the case.

It's the "outcome was clearly changed" that I figured still held true. :P
I mean, I had the VoTK game down as about 75-80% win chance before Pirlo missed a turn, and closer to 90% afterwords. Then it jumped to like 97% with the site bug. I know there are differences of opinion on that game, but did it the bug clearly change the outcome?

We could argue this until the cows come home, and they can't come home now anyway since they choked on a mouthful of TOFU... :P :lol:

Regardless, I probably should not have left the comment in there. It was clearly either meant to be provocative at best or trolling at worst. There are enough headaches and hard feelings surrounding CC4 without me poking the cows as well. So, my apologies for stirring up more trouble.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Foxglove on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
Foxglove wrote:

It's the "outcome was clearly changed" that I figured still held true. :P
I mean, I had the VoTK game down as about 75-80% win chance before Pirlo missed a turn, and closer to 90% afterwords. Then it jumped to like 97% with the site bug. I know there are differences of opinion on that game, but did it the bug clearly change the outcome?

Since you responded, I will as well.

We considered our odds to be 10-20%, knowing our cards, and position, and plan. Are those odds spectacular? Of course not. Nor are they ridiculously low. It was an escalating game. In our opinion we did have a chance to win that game, and with that win potentially tie the results at 30-30 and move into a tie-breaker phase (there are 2 remaining active games - I think we will for sure win Hive, and I think we have a good chance to win Conquer Rome). You guys were in the lead, no doubt. But I think it's only fair that you acknowledge that there was still a chance that we could have won it, if not for the site bug. a 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 chance of winning a game is something that has happened to every player, many, many times.

Doc_Brown wrote:Regardless, I probably should not have left the comment in there. It was clearly either meant to be provocative at best or trolling at worst. There are enough headaches and hard feelings surrounding CC4 without me poking the cows as well. So, my apologies for stirring up more trouble.

Thank you, and you're right - you probably should have taken it out. But mostly because it's untrue. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby niMic on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm

The bug changed the outcome from "probable win" to "certain win". To put it into perspective, Conquerman, the final "decider", was a "probable win" for us for a long time. We also won a few games that were even more likely wins for TOFU at some point.

It's CC, things change very quickly.

But the replay didn't happen, for various reasons, and there's no point talking about it now.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Denise on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:48 pm

eddie2 wrote:can i ask you a simple question when i started aka with time players and the rest of time merged into aka we were not allowed to partake in this event so where is the difference....

The difference is in past conduct, Eddie. This privilege is something the new AoC/Empire clan has earned because of their exemplary past behavior. These guys are long time proven clan leaders. They are not going to bring chaos to the competition as other brand new unproven clans have done. They should absolutely be allowed to compete in CC4.
Colonel Denise

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 am

Denise wrote:
eddie2 wrote:can i ask you a simple question when i started aka with time players and the rest of time merged into aka we were not allowed to partake in this event so where is the difference....

The difference is in past conduct, Eddie. This privilege is something the new AoC/Empire clan has earned because of their exemplary past behavior. These guys are long time proven clan leaders. They are not going to bring chaos to the competition as other brand new unproven clans have done. They should absolutely be allowed to compete in CC4.

I like both former clans, but dropping CL5 is not exemplary.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby eddie2 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:00 am

Denise wrote:

denise do me a favour. look at my other post and look at the rule for sign up as it was...

complete 1 war
be active 1 month

which have been made easier because it used to be
2 complete wars
3 months active

2 simple rules which have been enforced many a time not just against time but against
the pack
pig renters
wild geese (who did stop being active during the event)
koa
was there any more there have been but i cannot remember off the top of my head.

now think empire aoc had 1 decision to make about this merger if they joined under one of the eligible clans to take part in this event or start a new one...
now
empire would qualify under the rule..
aoc would qualify for under the rule..

agents of empire (which after just looking is not even a active clan yet) do not qualify...

and denise i would understand your post more if you had read earlier where i had told you that i was given the choice of moving all aka players back to time giving us the record to participate and being aloud to take part..

this is the same option aoc empire have join under 1 existing clan and they can enter .dont and they cannot.

i have also asked 1 question to aoc empire how long this discussion went on. joining 2 clans takes a lot of talks and not just a over night thing... So discussions started after cl5 started and they could not wait to announce this till the play in rounds ended making this a fair thing to do. they could of posted saying discussions are underway about a merger but not sure how we are doing it... which would of kept they playing in that event until the league starts not affecting there individual play in groups... then dropped 1 when the league starts which would not of been as much hassle.. but because they have stated dropping both clans for a new one it has made them not qualify for that event so they have been dropped out of it. which should happen here because it was same rules which the clan mods have changed...

you see that is also the same problem i had with the aka time thing in the clan league... when all the players left time to join aka i asked joshy not to remove them so they could finish off the group stages (was also being told i had 2 by clan mods) So i delayed aka starting wars to finish of the first stage. But joshy dropped them from time making time have to forfeit that round of games so we just dropped out. which therefore delayed our war via the pack which in effect made them not eligible for this event.

also i recieved a punishment of not being allowed privs to run wars for 2 months i think it was... so you have also got to ask is this punishment also going to be issued to aoc empire
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Arama86n on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:30 am

Another thread? Dear god why. Any one with an ambission to keep on top of the CC4 situation will soon have to quit their day-job to have time to read all this crap.
Major Arama86n

Postby greenoaks on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 am

Denise wrote:

how come the rules weren't
You must have completed 1 war, unless your behaviour has been exemplary

that would have prevented any confusion
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby shoop76 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm

This privilege is something the new AoC/Empire clan has earned because of their exemplary past behavior.

What if TFFS would have joined with a middle of the pack clan, would this privilege have been given?
Would ATLANTIS have been allowed in if AoC/ Empire had not merged? Or are they just reaping the benefits of the merger?
What happens if the merger hasn't created an official clan by the end of the 2 week sign up period? Everyone will have to wait for that to happen.

I have no problem with rule changes, but these should not happen 2 or 3 weeks before the start of an event.

This has surely already been mentioned, but I don't want to read through everything again, especially with so many contradicting things being said from beginning to end, but will these clans be seeded?

If not I"m sure the draw will be conveniently made where we don't see AoC/Empire facing a top 3 clan in the round of 32.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:45 pm

In the sign up thread, would it be possible to order the clans by seed? :)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Denise wrote:

how come the rules weren't
You must have completed 1 war, unless your behaviour has been exemplary

that would have prevented any confusion

This ^

shoop76 wrote:
This privilege is something the new AoC/Empire clan has earned because of their exemplary past behavior.

What if TFFS would have joined with a middle of the pack clan, would this privilege have been given?
Would ATLANTIS have been allowed in if AoC/ Empire had not merged? Or are they just reaping the benefits of the merger?
What happens if the merger hasn't created an official clan by the end of the 2 week sign up period? Everyone will have to wait for that to happen.

I have no problem with rule changes, but these should not happen 2 or 3 weeks before the start of an event.

This has surely already been mentioned, but I don't want to read through everything again, especially with so many contradicting things being said from beginning to end, but will these clans be seeded?

If not I"m sure the draw will be conveniently made where we don't see AoC/Empire facing a top 3 clan in the round of 32.

And this ^

Enough said.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 pm

chemefreak wrote:Does everyone here honestly believe that a combined Empire (one of the oldest clans on CC) and AoC (an extremely well established clan) would be unable to function in CCup4?

Are entries on these major clan events typically based on subjective criteria such as whether people think they could function or not? They seem to have not been able to continue to function in CL5... Just sayin.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Keefie on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:56 am

Wouldn't it be ironic if top 8 clans drew Agents of Empire and Atlantis in the first round. I can hear the bitching already :lol:
Colonel Keefie

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:08 am

I'm not prepared to meet them if they haven't been properly ranked on the F400. I have absolutely no qualms with them joining the tourney - what went before was exactly that, 'before', and rules are prone to change to make for a better experience. But two big issues remain for me (and probably my clan, though none of us are actually talking about this at all) which are the ranking/points/seeding of AoE and at what point TOFU & AFOS are expected to join CC4 when there's still a 60 game CC3 final to contest.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby eddie2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:24 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:I'm not prepared to meet them if they haven't been properly ranked on the F400. I have absolutely no qualms with them joining the tourney - what went before was exactly that, 'before', and rules are prone to change to make for a better experience. But two big issues remain for me (and probably my clan, though none of us are actually talking about this at all) which are the ranking/points/seeding of AoE and at what point TOFU & AFOS are expected to join CC4 when there's still a 60 game CC3 final to contest.

Stay tuned cof. I am in the middle of creating another cup hopefully will have it posted tonight. It will be fully random with just the basic rules for each challenge (meaning rules to validate medals) each clan will then disguss with opponants the full terms for there war. It will not start until the present ccup3 has finished there will be no seeding and clans will be entered into random org in alphabetical order.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:I'm not prepared to meet them if they haven't been properly ranked on the F400. I have absolutely no qualms with them joining the tourney - what went before was exactly that, 'before', and rules are prone to change to make for a better experience. But two big issues remain for me (and probably my clan, though none of us are actually talking about this at all) which are the ranking/points/seeding of AoE and at what point TOFU & AFOS are expected to join CC4 when there's still a 60 game CC3 final to contest.

As I understand it Icepack currently plans for AOE to use AOC's record as the basis for its F400 position but he would have to confirm.

For AFOS and TOFU, the current expectation is that the likely need for a play in round would mean that they don't need to join the competition immediately which should hopefully remove overlap. If that situation changes then we will look at the best course of action to ensure those clans aren't overloaded. While we are eager to get CC4 underway we would not ignore the fact that an ongoing cup final needs to be respected.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
chemefreak wrote:Does everyone here honestly believe that a combined Empire (one of the oldest clans on CC) and AoC (an extremely well established clan) would be unable to function in CCup4?

Are entries on these major clan events typically based on subjective criteria such as whether people think they could function or not? They seem to have not been able to continue to function in CL5... Just sayin.

The only reason that we are dropping out of CL5 is because we aren't allowed to be in two clans at once. If we were allowed to finish out CL5 as just Empire or AoC, then I doubt there would be any problem continuing to function in CL5. The reason that I think CC4 should be allowed for the merging group is that if we had just "merged" in the real sense of the word into one clan... we would be allowed in. Its the same clan leadership and mostly players, just under a new banner. Very similar to Atlantis, why they should be allowed is similar in reason. They are a group of players that are distinguished already although they did add some new faces, so both groups are really separate and either one of us could be told not to enter if there were logical reason to not allow it and the other were allowed.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

The only reason that we are dropping out of CL5 is because we aren't allowed to be in two clans at once. If we were allowed to finish out CL5 as just Empire or AoC, then I doubt there would be any problem continuing to function in CL5. The reason that I think CC4 should be allowed for the merging group is that if we had just "merged" in the real sense of the word into one clan... we would be allowed in. Its the same clan leadership and mostly players, just under a new banner. Very similar to Atlantis, why they should be allowed is similar in reason. They are a group of players that are distinguished already although they did add some new faces, so both groups are really separate and either one of us could be told not to enter if there were logical reason to not allow it and the other were allowed.

Thanks for the info, out of all the pages in this thread and a few others, I didn't see it explained like that anywhere though I skimmed through a lot of the crap because it was that, crap.

Still not 100% sure I completely agree with the decisions on all this, though they definitely seem to make more sense with this added information.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:50 pm

Couldn't AoE keep the place of AoC in CL5? Can't see why not tbh. If the F400 keeps you on the ranking in AoC's place, you enter CC4 under the pretext of being a merged clan rather than a new clan, then it follows that you could continue in CL5 in AoC's group. Apply the same rule across the board and then there's no contradiction.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:35 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

but it is not the same leadership team is it.. this new clan is going to have leadership of both of the 2 clans.. every clan has its own way of doing things so in effect this could cause a clash between them it could also cause a clash between aoc players and empire players who are set in there own ways of doing it and might not like the change of 2 different leaderships trying to run things the way they are set in doing it.. This is why the wars completed and time functioned as a clan comes into it. To make sure it runs smoothly. At the end of it no other clan has been entitled to getting 1 clans rank when they have split or merged.. Were aka allowed to take on times ranking and stats.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:44 am

sorry for double post i am in discussions with certain members of the moderation team regarding another cup that you will be eligible to take part in. If i get the things needed it will be just as big as ccup4 and you will have time to of completed 1 challenge to gain entry.because it will not be starting until ccup3 has ended.
this event will be a fully random draw event every round to be held in live chat on dates to be confirmed.

show: eligibility

show: individual wars

show: draw settings and dates

prizes

show: mvp award

show: beta map award

show: 1st 2nd 3rd place

player of the event 3 months premium.
best organizer of individual wars 3 months premium.
Lieutenant eddie2

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives