Conquer Club

...not wondering anymore

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

...not wondering anymore

Postby benga on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:57 am

How many clans play games as a clan not as a team?

e.g. all game moves are being instructed and organized by a player/s that are not part of team in a game
Last edited by benga on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant benga

Re: Wondering...

Postby danryan on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:18 pm

benga wrote:How many clans play games as a clan not as a team?

e.g. all game moves are being instructed and organized by a player/s that are not part of team in a game

More than you think, and it's a shame. Not much point in players playing if they're not the ones driving the bus.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Donelladan on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:42 pm

I didn't even know some clan were doing that. Not our case.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:41 pm

danryan wrote:

More than you think, and it's a shame. Not much point in players playing if they're not the ones driving the bus.

I know of a few, but I don't know too many. I know within Fallen its pretty rare for someone outside the game to be giving input (usually on a random unfamiliar map for opening strategy, if anything) But i would characterize that for us as being played 99.8% within the teams that are assigned / in the games.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:31 pm

IcePack wrote:
danryan wrote:

I know of a few, but I don't know too many. I know within Fallen its pretty rare for someone outside the game to be giving input (usually on a random unfamiliar map for opening strategy, if anything) But i would characterize that for us as being played 99.8% within the teams that are assigned / in the games.

IcePack

This isn't true. GoranZ takes everyone's turns. That's why he went freemium, because he didn't need the premium in order to play however much he wants. This is actually GoranZ typing right now.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:43 pm

chapcrap wrote:
IcePack wrote:
danryan wrote:

IcePack

This isn't true. GoranZ takes everyone's turns. That's why he went freemium, because he didn't need the premium in order to play however much he wants. This is actually GoranZ typing right now.

Must be everyone but me, no wonder I suck :(

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby denominator on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:47 pm

That completely defeats the point of having player maximums.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby Serbia on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 pm

G1 does NOT do this.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Foxglove on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:55 pm

danryan wrote:

Who does that, danryan? I'm always curious, because I see that accusation thrown around a lot!

KORT does not do this.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Keefie on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:44 pm

HH certainly don't do this.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby friendly1 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:05 am

Who the heck has enough free time to write instructions for every single turn in all games in a clans war??? I think most of us (with exceptions of course) run a light game schedule when entering into clan wars just so there is enough time to check out turns and discuss with team.

But then again I would never have believed anyone could run a game load of 700+ and actually compete in all the games, so I guess it can certainly be done ;)

Add TSM to the groups that do not do this.
Sergeant 1st Class friendly1

Postby HardAttack on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 am

danryan wrote:

maybe it is time you danryan to consider to purchase for a new bus,
i see your bus stuck in the woods and is not moving from the first day now
:lol:

LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Dako on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:48 am

I wonder who has so much free time on his hands.
Colonel Dako

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:01 am

Doesn't happen in ATN.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby BoganGod on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:32 am

HardAttack wrote:
danryan wrote:

The benga bus is coming, new york and san francisco and in the city disco. Come people sing along with me, no need to be shy about loving aqua.

Foxglove wrote:Who does that, danryan? I'm always curious, because I see that accusation thrown around a lot!

KORT does not do this.

Come on foxy, don't be denying the truth. I'll outline the accepted wisdom on turn taking in clan wars.

Everyone knows that josko takes all turns for Kort, and all members of Kort are initiated in a ceremony were they have to kiss a photo of bruce, whilst reciting the bovine pledge.

benga takes all turns for OSA and starts sour grapes threads to try and put people off their game.

CoF takes all TOFU games, CoF and josko are twins seperated at birth raised to hate each other in a sick nature vs nurture thought experiment.

At Atlantis iamcaffiene in his teflon kris incarnation takes exactly half the turns, gustaf dictates instructions in all other games and our team of trained sea monkey bots take those turns in conjunction with a dice engine.

dan "the goat whisperer" ryan whilst normally maintaining an honourable stance, can sometimes be tempted into playing below his best if a comely time share goat is on offer.

Please note this is an excerpt from the general site knowledge clan book, not a complete and exhaustive list.

Dear readers please note, any further wisdom and advice will be charged at my standard consultant rates. Please apply to my billing clerk HardAttack for a payment schedule or expression of interest form.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby grifftron on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:41 am

I use to take all of Blitz turns.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby benga on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:50 am

BoganGod wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
danryan wrote:

The benga bus is coming, new york and san francisco and in the city disco. Come people sing along with me, no need to be shy about loving aqua.

Foxglove wrote:Who does that, danryan? I'm always curious, because I see that accusation thrown around a lot!

KORT does not do this.

Come on foxy, don't be denying the truth. I'll outline the accepted wisdom on turn taking in clan wars.

Everyone knows that josko takes all turns for Kort, and all members of Kort are initiated in a ceremony were they have to kiss a photo of bruce, whilst reciting the bovine pledge.

benga takes all turns for OSA and starts sour grapes threads to try and put people off their game.

CoF takes all TOFU games, CoF and josko are twins seperated at birth raised to hate each other in a sick nature vs nurture thought experiment.

At Atlantis iamcaffiene in his teflon kris incarnation takes exactly half the turns, gustaf dictates instructions in all other games and our team of trained sea monkey bots take those turns in conjunction with a dice engine.

dan "the goat whisperer" ryan whilst normally maintaining an honourable stance, can sometimes be tempted into playing below his best if a comely time share goat is on offer.

Please note this is an excerpt from the general site knowledge clan book, not a complete and exhaustive list.

Dear readers please note, any further wisdom and advice will be charged at my standard consultant rates. Please apply to my billing clerk HardAttack for a payment schedule or expression of interest form.

let's party!!! O:)
Sergeant benga

Postby BoganGod on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:53 am

I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world! Made of plastic, I'm fantastic....

Come on you can all join in at any time.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Agent 86 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:05 am

I'm a big big girl in a big big world don't you see...I like this tune from China. Dan please tell all of your knowledge in the clan world...who gives direction for all clan games? and which clans may they be? I'm jumping on the Benga bus, fun fun fun :P
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:41 pm

LMAO. I wonder who has the time to sit and write instructions for everyone's turn.

and that's lies. CoF is Josko's multi.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby RiskTycoon on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:46 pm

I don't believe it. This doesn't happen!
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:11 pm

We ask other clans for our moves.
Sergeant 1st Class TheMissionary

Next

Return to Clan Archives