Conquer Club

...not wondering anymore

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wondering...

Postby ChrisPond on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:LMAO. I wonder who has the time to sit and write instructions for everyone's turn.

and that's lies. CoF is Josko's multi.

If it turned out that COF and josko were the same...multi's ..that would awesome! The story could be made into a movie and I suspect it would be something like that Fight Club movie.

In all seriousness though, I would not have lasted long in a clan if someone outside of the game was trying to tell me what to do...not really into being someone's puppet.
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby Armandolas on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:55 am

ChrisPond wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:LMAO. I wonder who has the time to sit and write instructions for everyone's turn.

and that's lies. CoF is Josko's multi.

If it turned out that COF and josko were the same...multi's ..that would awesome! The story could be made into a movie and I suspect it would be something like that Fight Club movie.

In all seriousness though, I would not have lasted long in a clan if someone outside of the game was trying to tell me what to do...not really into being someone's puppet.

thats because its you who are commanding all my moves. I dont mind much but please, dont scream at me any more :(
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Arama86n on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:23 am

If wild speculations and groundless rumours are the sole interest, ignore the below ;)
show

Merry Christmas
Major Arama86n

Postby angola on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:16 am

benga wrote:How many clans play games as a clan not as a team?

e.g. all game moves are being instructed and organized by a player/s that are not part of team in a game

I heard about a clan that rose nearly to the top doing this.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:44 am

Willing to bet GoN does this.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby BoganGod on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:47 am

angola wrote:

e.g. all game moves are being instructed and organized by a player/s that are not part of team in a game

Then the evil empire was no more. Weeping and lamentation left the world, unicorns frolicked and the universe was made new. Once more free from tyranny, repression and bad hair. The people embraced their new found joy, in the knowledge that most likely there was something loathsome, unholy and possibly mouldy stirring in the deep. Enjoy the good in the here and now, for the group consciousness of man is a herd mind. We yearn for tyranny, conformity, and repression.
Verse 7, sutra 231 The Book of Bogan(New International illustrated and annotated edition
Corporal BoganGod

Postby jj3044 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:39 am

BoganGod wrote:
angola wrote:

Then the evil empire was no more. Weeping and lamentation left the world, unicorns frolicked and the universe was made new. Once more free from tyranny, repression and bad hair. The people embraced their new found joy, in the knowledge that most likely there was something loathsome, unholy and possibly mouldy stirring in the deep. Enjoy the good in the here and now, for the group consciousness of man is a herd mind. We yearn for tyranny, conformity, and repression.
Verse 7, sutra 231 The Book of Bogan(New International illustrated and annotated edition

Bogan, I hope you aren't saying that Empire did this, because we most definitely did NOT. I also know of the clan Angola is talking about and it ain't Empire.
Colonel jj3044

Postby Keefie on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:44 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Willing to bet GoN does this.

I'm willing to bet that they don't.
Colonel Keefie

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Keefie wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Willing to bet GoN does this.

I'm willing to bet that they don't.

Was an obvious joke.. Curious which clan angola's talking about though.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby angola on Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:27 pm

The chat in this game will tell you who I was talking about.

Game 13521404
Captain angola

Postby BoganGod on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:44 am

jj3044 wrote:
BoganGod wrote:
angola wrote:

Bogan, I hope you aren't saying that Empire did this, because we most definitely did NOT. I also know of the clan Angola is talking about and it ain't Empire.

And in that place that was not a place. There was a lady that protested to much, and verily the amount of protest soon amounted to rising suspicion. For in the much thumbed tome of the faithful it doth say. "When those without a sense of humour, react strongly to an obvious jest. Then it may be said with certainty, just as urination follows beer, they have something to hide" further more and again quoting from the scripture of the unwashed. Misdirection and alluding to wrong doing by others, whilst protesting ones prior and current innocence is the sign of an apostate. No one is without sin, for those that claim sinlessness and accuse their brother's, are most likely to be pulling your leg whilst they are pulling another thing altogether. They shall be shaved of their mullets, evicted from their trailors and sent to live with lawyers, accountants, and other thieves of ill repute.

Pretty bloody obvious that I was joking, and making lame star wars references...... The fact that you pretended to be a nun shown a staunchly upright male member makes me think that maybe I hit close to the bone by accident. Either get over yourself and learn to laugh/get that overbite fixed, or spill the beans on what your trying to hide. Can't have it both ways. Not even fishing and look at the size of the bite!
Corporal BoganGod

Postby jj3044 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:50 am

BoganGod wrote:
jj3044 wrote:
BoganGod wrote:
angola wrote:

And in that place that was not a place. There was a lady that protested to much, and verily the amount of protest soon amounted to rising suspicion. For in the much thumbed tome of the faithful it doth say. "When those without a sense of humour, react strongly to an obvious jest. Then it may be said with certainty, just as urination follows beer, they have something to hide" further more and again quoting from the scripture of the unwashed. Misdirection and alluding to wrong doing by others, whilst protesting ones prior and current innocence is the sign of an apostate. No one is without sin, for those that claim sinlessness and accuse their brother's, are most likely to be pulling your leg whilst they are pulling another thing altogether. They shall be shaved of their mullets, evicted from their trailors and sent to live with lawyers, accountants, and other thieves of ill repute.

Pretty bloody obvious that I was joking, and making lame star wars references...... The fact that you pretended to be a nun shown a staunchly upright male member makes me think that maybe I hit close to the bone by accident. Either get over yourself and learn to laugh/get that overbite fixed, or spill the beans on what your trying to hide. Can't have it both ways. Not even fishing and look at the size of the bite!

What's this "star wars" you are talking about? :?:
Colonel jj3044

Postby lynch5762 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:14 pm

angola wrote:The chat in this game will tell you who I was talking about.

Game 13521404

Angola your an idiot... Nice try taking small bits of chatter in a speed game and spinning it into something different. And why did you keep asking me to join your clan if this what you thought about the pack? The pack's quick rise was due to the exact opposite of what this thread is talking about. Every single member communicated every single turn. That was the intensity that I was trying to portray in the chat. When I referred to several of us looking at the games I was talking about OUR GAMES!. If you have 6 people talking who are in a half a dozen games each.... well that's a lot of freaking turns to discuss. We all discussed strategy all of the time. That's what made us so good. It's called collaboration, but maybe that's a concept you are not aware of. Yes we left thoughts in games we we not in if someone asked us to. I consider myself a decent game leader but I would ask for advice all the time. Why not? We always made sure that every player in every game was involved in each turn. That is why several people did not want to play for the pack as demon pointed out. And that is why we needed a break.

I have competed against all of the top 10 clans and I didn't see any evidence of this. The truth is that all of the top clans are stock full of great players. I really don't understand the purpose of this thread and if a clan was actually doing this who cares? I would think that it would be easier to beat one great player verses 20 great players. As someone already pointed out in this thread, I don't think many top players would even play for a clan that operated this way.

Damn I spent half my time defending the pack when I was a member and I'm still having to do it. :lol:
Captain lynch5762

Postby jetsetwilly on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:25 pm

I don't think what Angola linked there is quite the same as the original question asked. Benga's question seemed to be suggesting 1 or 2 players were deciding moves in every game.

Looking at your quote:

"2013-10-29 05:25:38 - lynch5762: by war 5 or 6.... we would have 6 to 8 guys looking at every turn and leaving notes in games we weren't even in"

Clearly that's not the same thing although wouldn't be permitted under the clan account sharing rules but these hadn't been made clear when the PACK were flying high.

5. You must not be in another persons account for any reason, other than to cover turns during a prearranged sit, or in an emergency situation. Adding to chat in a game you are not in for example will not be allowed. You must also not give permission for anyone to wander in and out of your account at their will. Take care of your account. What happens with it is your responsibility.

I take your point that in a way that's quite the opposite of what Benga was talking about.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby angola on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah, that is different. I thought benga was talking about group think or one player controlling.

As lynch said, I highly doubt most players on this site would want to play under the control of one person.

As far as joining our clan lynch - maybe I assumed you were one of the ones controlling the Pack!
Captain angola

Postby Leehar on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:02 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Looking at your quote:

"2013-10-29 05:25:38 - lynch5762: by war 5 or 6.... we would have 6 to 8 guys looking at every turn and leaving notes in games we weren't even in"

Clearly that's not the same thing although wouldn't be permitted under the clan account sharing rules but these hadn't been made clear when the PACK were flying high.

5. You must not be in another persons account for any reason, other than to cover turns during a prearranged sit, or in an emergency situation. Adding to chat in a game you are not in for example will not be allowed. You must also not give permission for anyone to wander in and out of your account at their will. Take care of your account. What happens with it is your responsibility.

From my understanding they only leave notes on skype, and not actually enter the games etc so in that instance it would be fine.

Not sure what they did for fog though
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby lynch5762 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Leehar wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:Looking at your quote:

From my understanding they only leave notes on skype, and not actually enter the games etc so in that instance it would be fine.

Not sure what they did for fog though

This is what was taken out of context. All I was saying was that if several of us were talking, we would look at the turns that we were up in. So it may be that we would look at games that we weren't even in because we were all chatting at the same time and helping each other out. I never meant to imply that we were leaving notes for games we weren't in because that didn't really ever happen. What did happen on occasion... due to the incredible amount of communication that we had, was a player might ask someone who is not in the game to help decide on a move because one or more of the other players were unavailable and he had to take his turn. basically, we didn't like making mistakes so would consult each other to confirm we were making the right move. Not a big deal really. When the sitting abuse problems arose (that were not about the pack by the way) we took it seriously.
Captain lynch5762

Re: ...not wondering anymore

Postby angola on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Ahh, I obviously misunderstood you then. My apologies. I thought you guys were going into games you weren't in and leaving chat.
Captain angola

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:08 am

Another conspiracy down the drain. Just when I was getting my pitchfork ready as well. :(
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby BoganGod on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:24 am

Hey willy, this is no longer "law". Account sharing is now sanctioned, you don't even have to be in the same clan. See nosurvivor/violet C&A thread.

So just so we all understand the rules a bit better, I've learnt.

Pointing out inconsistencies in moderator behaviour and rulings = BAD(say the wrong thing expect a ban)

Cheating/manipulating the scoreboard/account sharing = Good(your fine to do anything, just don't say anything)

So coffee boy, how about this for a conspiracy. Feel free to do whatever, whenever, just never point out errors or the shortcomings of those who caused the errors.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:30 am

i m starting to find something odd.... CoF in our forum always refers to Josko as "tyler durden".
Major betiko

Postby BoganGod on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:35 am

betiko wrote:i m starting to find something odd.... CoF in our forum always refers to Josko as "tyler durden".

Damn it, arama has been lying to me. Has told me for years that CoF refers to josko as "my evil twin, the minotaur". Just wait until I get my hands on arama. Bloody lying norwegian trollop.
Corporal BoganGod

Previous

Return to Clan Archives