Conquer Club

Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [Cancelled]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [Cancelled]

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Welcome to the first ever official Clan Mafia Contest! We are offering up to 7,000 credits in Prizes!
As hosted by IcePack & the Clan Department.

Starting April 1st!

You've competed for personal glory in the Mafia Realm. Now fight for the glory of your Clan!
Mafia is spilling into the Clan forum - the Town is in an uproar and ready to find the Mafia and lynch them.

We are looking for up to 16 players to join us to represent their clan in the game.
Only one player can represent the clan, so if you have many send your best!
Note: there might be slight alterations to the structure of the contest if we can't get 16 participants

One player to represent your clan. Only one per clan.
You can share your roles with your clan mates, but you and your clan can't share with anyone else.
You will be the clan rep and only one making official posts, but your clan can be discussing within their
private area as well.

No experience is necessary to play.
I'm happy to help new players learn in order to participate / answer any questions.

If you aren't sure what Mafia is, check out some of the rules, terms and general information (such as roles) HERE and HERE.
Here is a list of the many roles available that you will use in order to try deciding what someone might be doing and assist you figuring out whether or not they are town, mafia, or third party.

show: Basic Explaination

This is the sign up thread for the game that will take place starting April 1st. Future discussions amongst observers will take place here, while a new "game thread" will be created later for the players.

PRIZES:
3,500 Credits for Clan Mafia MVP
250 credits will be issued to each of the other winners
Up to ten prizes of 100 credits will be issued to the most active / involved players who made the game more enjoyable for everyone else.
(All prize awards determined by IcePack & the CD Team)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [0/16]

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:03 pm

[Reserved for Players]

1. FALL - dakky21
2. TS - TimWoodbury
3. SC - EndGame422
4. MYS - WingCmdr Ginkapo
5. LHDD - betiko
6. FAD - rizky_biznass
7. TOFU - hopalong

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [1/16]

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:01 pm

strongly recommended to have experience. Join a game on the mafia forum to get started, or ask. easy to set up newer games to get familiar.

@host is this a flavor game or not. closed set up or open? Rule set? I see you have linked a role list and rule list, what you have listed is fairly outdated. As well as many are dependent on the game and require the host to determine perimeters.
Major StorrZerg

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:18 pm

StorrZerg wrote:strongly recommended to have experience. Join a game on the mafia forum to get started, or ask. easy to set up newer games to get familiar.

@host is this a flavor game or not. closed set up or open? Rule set? I see you have linked a role list and rule list, what you have listed is fairly outdated. As well as many are dependent on the game and require the host to determine perimeters.

Having played mafia a little (not a lot), I wouldn't say its necessary to have experience (thats why I said no experience necessary and was willing to help players learn). And I've seen multiple groups learn how to play on the spot in person etc.
Of course it will make it easier to win etc, but the basic concepts are n't that hard to grasp.
And likely there wont be a ton of experienced players, so it'll be more of a new comers game (but maybe I'm wrong, we will see who all signs up).

But yeah, there is a month to get any "practice" or experience anyone wants in before we start our little game here.

As far as your other questions:
- Flavor game: No. (for inexperienced players, this is a theme etc that people would play under. Like ConquerClub and the roles (instead of Godfather would be BigWham), etc. Sometimes it is as simple as giving each role a character name that makes them seem to come from the city where the game is set; other times it can involve using modified role names from a particular source, such as a movie or book.

- Closed or Open Set Up: Closed. (again for those unfamiliar, this means the list of roles aren't known ahead of time.)

- Rules List: I just posted this link for reference for new players to read and get acquainted with how things worked. Full rules list will be posted prior to games start. It'll be pretty basic for those inexperienced players.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:35 pm

i recommend experience if you are trying to turn this into a competition. (since you have prizes) Don't want to draw people into something that they aren't going to like, then flake and afk.

people signing up HAVE to commit to the game. (please make this apparent) Countless games are tainted due to people joining then losing interest because "it isn't their thing" or many other reasons.

How will "flips" be done. I ask this because its a theme game Some roles have different names. It might not be obvious as to what they are.

Will you be giving anti town fake claims, or at least partial fake claims.
Major StorrZerg

Postby TimWoodbury on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:56 pm

im in for TankSquad
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:29 pm

StorrZerg wrote:i recommend experience if you are trying to turn this into a competition. (since you have prizes) Don't want to draw people into something that they aren't going to like, then flake and afk.

people signing up HAVE to commit to the game. (please make this apparent) Countless games are tainted due to people joining then losing interest because "it isn't their thing" or many other reasons.

Well, I've explained what its like. I think we will get committed people.
This is our first efforts at trying it out this way with the clan area.
Its supposed to be a fun little event with some prizes for participating. This isn't the mafia forum which chases off new comers. (thats my experience over there and heard several others as well).

Its to have some people get to participate to win it for their clans, and maybe have fun while learning something new (or playing something they already know, and doing so against other clans people).

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [2/16]

Postby Endgame422 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:44 am

I will represent Splinter Cell
Vote whoever TNC chooses
Also question for you IP,full fledged clans only or will tribes be welcome to participate as well?
It might be worth consideration if there is any trouble filling 16 spots.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Re: Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [2/16]

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:30 am

Endgame422 wrote:I will represent Splinter Cell
Vote whoever TNC chooses
Also question for you IP,full fledged clans only or will tribes be welcome to participate as well?
It might be worth consideration if there is any trouble filling 16 spots.

I don't see any reason why a primitive or advanced tribe couldn't send a rep.
It was created w clans in mind just as something new and fun, and another thing clans can fight to compete for winning crown etc but there's no structural or prize issue that would prohibit Tribes.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [3/16]

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:34 am

Mystica here.

I agree Vote TNC.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Re: Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [3/16]

Postby TimWoodbury on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:17 am

yah i say lets vote TNC lets get them out before they get in cant let them win right?
Cook TimWoodbury

Re: Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [4/16]

Postby Swifte on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:15 am

Feels a lot less like a clan event if only one person per clan can participate :( Disappointing but I guess you have to try something see how it goes.. maybe next time there'll be room for now.
Colonel Swifte

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Swifte wrote:Feels a lot less like a clan event if only one person per clan can participate :( Disappointing but I guess you have to try something see how it goes.. maybe next time there'll be room for now.

Yep, this is just the first crack at it and hoping it works out well. I'm no mafia expert so I'm happy to hear suggestions from anyone for improving this event in the future to make it better fit for clans :)

Also the feature I was trying to emphasize was that you could post in your clan area and discuss who is what, etc (in your private forums) so your clans COULD be involved in helping you play if they wanted. And you could take that info, votes, discussion, arguements into the forum game. You are just representing your clan in this game, and the only one posting / actively playing. But the others can be "supporting" you, reading whats going on, giving you their thoughts and conclussions privately.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby dakky21 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:08 pm

I actually agree with Swifte. If this is a clan event, at least two people should be from each clan. And the setup would be like ordinary doubles (12 players, 8 town, 4 mafia, but 4 town teams of 2 town players who know each other and 2 mafia teams who know each other but only within a clan)... that kind of setup could be fun...
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:12 pm

dakky21 wrote:I actually agree with Swifte. If this is a clan event, at least two people should be from each clan. And the setup would be like ordinary doubles (12 players, 8 town, 4 mafia, but 4 town teams of 2 town players who know each other and 2 mafia teams who know each other but only within a clan)... that kind of setup could be fun...

So you want a clan event with only six clans? Thats not a clan event, thats an extension of the exclusive club of cronies.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:27 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
dakky21 wrote:I actually agree with Swifte. If this is a clan event, at least two people should be from each clan. And the setup would be like ordinary doubles (12 players, 8 town, 4 mafia, but 4 town teams of 2 town players who know each other and 2 mafia teams who know each other but only within a clan)... that kind of setup could be fun...

So you want a clan event with only six clans? Thats not a clan event, thats an extension of the exclusive club of cronies.

Name me more than 6 clans which have more than 1 active mafia player?
Captain dakky21

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:43 pm

ok I'm in for LHDD.

gosh... haven't played mafia in like 2 years!

but yeah... could've been funny to put a mafia vet + a mafia noob from each clan... my clanmates don't really play but would've been funny to make one of them discover it.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Great to have you :) And just to reemphasize my response from before since I'm not sure if anyones missed it or what but....

IcePack wrote:Also the feature I was trying to emphasize was that you could post in your clan area and discuss who is what, etc (in your private forums) so your clans COULD be involved in helping you play if they wanted. And you could take that info, votes, discussion, arguements into the forum game. You are just representing your clan in this game, and the only one posting / actively playing. But the others can be "supporting" you, reading whats going on, giving you their thoughts and conclussions privately.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TimWoodbury on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:03 am

you can do it this way because oyu kill say 1 person from each clan you know person a from clan y is town so person b from clann y is also town person c from clan z is su so person d is also skum just because thye are partners
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby dakky21 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 am

TimWoodbury wrote:

you can do it this way because oyu kill say 1 person from each clan you know person a from clan y is town so person b from clann y is also town person c from clan z is su so person d is also skum just because thye are partners

Yes, you're right... then how about this, your teammate is from your clan but you don't know his alignment?
Captain dakky21

Re: Clan Mafia! Sign Ups Thread [5/16]

Postby hopalong on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:09 pm

i am interested, though concerned about how long the game will take. if each phase is 24hrs, a month commitment works for me. if the game will take months, i get a little scared.
Major hopalong

Postby Epitaph1 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:25 pm

Look at all the bandwagon votes! You're all scummy.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:17 pm

hopalong wrote:i am interested, though concerned about how long the game will take. if each phase is 24hrs, a month commitment works for me. if the game will take months, i get a little scared.

From my experience and understanding, they dont normally last months. But keep in mind our start date is April 1st, so it'll probably be 2 month from March 1st sign ups to completion +/-.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:30 am

If your clan hasn't signed up and you are seeing this, it would be great if you could copy & paste / share within your clan :)
It would be greatly appreciated, remember even though you have one rep the clan can privately help you along and learn a fun new game together!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:00 pm

This was a good idea ice,and some of the mafia players can give you pointers on the final setup. Lot of talent out there, good luck
Private jgordon1111

Next

Return to Clan Archives