Conquer Club

Calling All Christians! - Jesus Freaks Recruitment Thread

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:20 am

Skittles! wrote:What one is the third, may I ask?

And Caleb, you're acting more and more like a Dictator every day :lol:

You're lucky it's just Conquer Club, and not the world.

And yes, you may ask, but I shall not answer. :wink: I don't expect the 3rd one to come around anytime soon, but my time will come.
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Postby Skittles! on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:35 am

Oh, believe me, I know I am lucky :D
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:53 am

Yes, its a laid back group of people. The discussions can be quite interesting, and there are a few Christians who post there that won't anywhere else. It's a fun clan to be part of, and a big one I think were closing in on 150 members or so?
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby got tonkaed on Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:42 am

CrazyAnglican wrote:Yes, its a laid back group of people. The discussions can be quite interesting, and there are a few Christians who post there that won't anywhere else. It's a fun clan to be part of, and a big one I think were closing in on 150 members or so?

thats pretty interesting, i wouldnt have guessed from the amount of people in the shooting off forum that numbers were sneaking up on 150. How goes the discussion in those parts?
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:32 pm

got tonkaed wrote:
CrazyAnglican wrote:Yes, its a laid back group of people. The discussions can be quite interesting, and there are a few Christians who post there that won't anywhere else. It's a fun clan to be part of, and a big one I think were closing in on 150 members or so?

thats pretty interesting, i wouldnt have guessed from the amount of people in the shooting off forum that numbers were sneaking up on 150. How goes the discussion in those parts?

Pretty interesting, I just answered a post about sacraments and how different churches think differently about them. It's one of thsose things we agree on more often than not, but its interesting to hear Catholics, Presbyterians, Lutherans, and Baptists discuss the familiar topics with differing viewpoints.

As far as the number of people, I was surprised as well. There are some very vocal people who speak out against religion and Christianity in general, but every "What religion are you" poll, that I've seen, shows that at least half of the respondents are Christian. We're really not as vocal as one might believe. I try to limit my posts to just defending my beliefs without attacking anyone else.

That's one thing I've liked to see in the Jesus Freaks Forum, You might think that with a closed user group people would be nasty about non-Christians. It's actually quite the opposite we have a running "Who's your favoite non-Christian CC member" thread where we speak up and point out the people that we disagree with but respect and like.

Being a Christian is a prerequisite for our clan, but if you would like to see a sample of the type of things we talk about there's an old thread "The Fish Club" that I started early this year. It's pretty similar, but got hijacked a bit.
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:38 pm

Caleb the Cruel wrote:
Skittles! wrote:
golilox wrote:
Skittles! wrote:Are the sheep gathering to support their leader for the great Sheppard? :wink:

Interesting choice of words I must say!

Indeed. Do you like them? :wink:

Caleb, I'm not trying to hi-jack. I didn't know you could smell them too :lol: You should be a mod with all those skills!

First I'm working on conquering all of the usergroup's forums(2 down, working on a 3rd). Then maybe they'll realize they need to make me a mod of the public forums. :wink:

You shouldn't even count JF, Caleb, we're pretty low maintenance as far as clan forums go ;)
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby Skittles! on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 am

CrazyAnglican wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:

Pretty interesting, I just answered a post about sacraments and how different churches think differently about them. It's one of thsose things we agree on more often than not, but its interesting to hear Catholics, Presbyterians, Lutherans, and Baptists discuss the familiar topics with differing viewpoints.

As far as the number of people, I was surprised as well. There are some very vocal people who speak out against religion and Christianity in general, but every "What religion are you" poll, that I've seen, shows that at least half of the respondents are Christian. We're really not as vocal as one might believe. I try to limit my posts to just defending my beliefs without attacking anyone else.

That's one thing I've liked to see in the Jesus Freaks Forum, You might think that with a closed user group people would be nasty about non-Christians. It's actually quite the opposite we have a running "Who's your favoite non-Christian CC member" thread where we speak up and point out the people that we disagree with but respect and like.

Being a Christian is a prerequisite for our clan, but if you would like to see a sample of the type of things we talk about there's an old thread "The Fish Club" that I started early this year. It's pretty similar, but got hijacked a bit.

I don't think I ever visited the Fish Club thread.. Just because, well, it's a place where Christians could speak in the main-forums.

When did s.xkitten join the JFC? I didn't know she was a Christian.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 pm

*bump*
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Re:

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:34 am

CrazyAnglican wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:

Except, it seems like whenever JesusFreaks is mentioned, it is in reference to the more conservative, or "evangelical" sides of Christianity.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: Calling All Christians! - Jesus Freaks Recruitment Thread

Postby Kotaro on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:52 pm

I would like to be added.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:42 pm

How did you become named the "Jesus Freaks"? Did you get it from the TV show weeds? Because they had a group of people they referred to as the "Jesus Freaks". Oh, and thanks for the premium that has since run out....
Colonel bedub1

Postby jesusfreak16 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:17 pm

bedub1 wrote:How did you become named the "Jesus Freaks"? Did you get it from the TV show weeds? Because they had a group of people they referred to as the "Jesus Freaks".

Or it could be after this :http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=b1a2d0ae51dab54d32c3 Jesus Freak - DC Talk
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Captain jesusfreak16

Postby wercool on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:29 pm

yourr copetitive arm, knight for christ has been shut down due to enactivaty i am trying to get it started again, pm me if your intrested
The king reigns... and his son.
Jesus is the prince!!!

i never have and probably never will use a plug in/ add-on.
Cadet wercool

Postby Surrender Monkey on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:14 pm

I would like to join please, and thank you.
Private Surrender Monkey

Postby b00kw0rm on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:38 pm

I'll join!

And yes, I am a Christian.
My Tournaments:
Age of Conquerors [WINNER: br4nd0n2002]
Team Clash [WINNERS: bfunny27 & DBandit70]
Sibling Rivalry [ONGOING]
Private b00kw0rm

Re: Calling All Christians! - Jesus Freaks Recruitment Threa

Postby Snowden on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Ill join
Cook Snowden

Postby HistoryDude on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:44 pm

I would like to be added to the group/clan if it is still open. Thanks.
Private HistoryDude

Postby DubiousSalmon on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:20 am

Ide like to be added please, if you still active.
Corporal DubiousSalmon

Postby 1whowins on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Add pls.
Private 1whowins

Postby Lycanis on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:32 am

This group still up/active? I'd like to join if so...(clicked the link and it didn't work =P)
Sergeant Lycanis

Postby Godrulesdude on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:23 pm

I'd like to join also; the link in the first4 post is down;
Corporal Godrulesdude

Postby BoganGod on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:29 am

Allah Akbar! Muslims are crazy about Essa(Jesus) one of the most revered prophets in the Koran. Sign me up ASAP.
Corporal BoganGod

Next

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup