Conquer Club

Godless Heathen's [Social] [Recruitment] Thread

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Godless Heathen's Recruitment Thread

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:30 pm

Caleb the Cruel wrote:I've been away for awhile and this thread hasn't really grown that much. Anyways, McDeFe can be expecting a pm from a Jesus Freak in the coming days.

I am also beginning to doubt my beliefs and after speaking with a priest who told me the evils of Dungeons and Dragons and evolution I really don't know anymore.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:17 am

Snorri1234 wrote:
Caleb the Cruel wrote:I've been away for awhile and this thread hasn't really grown that much. Anyways, McDeFe can be expecting a pm from a Jesus Freak in the coming days.

I am also beginning to doubt my beliefs and after speaking with a priest who told me the evils of Dungeons and Dragons and evolution I really don't know anymore.

Um.... we have free candy?
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:43 am

Quiet Juan, I'm tricking people here.

Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:55 am

*Hides behind a bush.*

Postby xerro on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:29 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:*Hides behind a bush.*

make sure it isnt moses's bush.
people will see you... :)
Highest Rank and Score: Captain, 1828
The Last Cavalier
Sergeant xerro

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:34 am

xerro wrote:

Are you ready to convert XERRO? Remember, free candy. Also, free boobies. Also, free hat.

Oh and Suggs and Wicked too.

Postby xerro on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:38 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
xerro wrote:

Are you ready to convert XERRO? Remember, free candy. Also, free boobies. Also, free hat.

Oh and Suggs and Wicked too.

i thought about it................
till you said suggs.... JK :)
Highest Rank and Score: Captain, 1828
The Last Cavalier
Sergeant xerro

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:40 am

You know... I don't think this thread is pulling in the numbers I would hope for.

Seems that live chat is doing more....

Postby FarangDemon on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:01 am

Please people, let's not get caught up in the semantics between atheist and agnostic. It is quite silly.

We should all rejoice in the fact that we don't believe something that a bunch of crazy people in a desert invented. Not to mention those good old fashioned medieval European values that have been tacked on along the way.

Count me in.
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby owenshooter on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:36 am

did someone say, "boobies"?-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:57 am

owenshooter wrote:did someone say, "boobies"?-0

Owenshooter! tsk tsk!

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 am

owenshooter wrote:did someone say, "boobies"?-0

breasts
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby owenshooter on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Are you ready to convert XERRO? Remember, free candy. Also, free boobies.

don't "tsk, tsk" me!!! i knew i saw boobies!!!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:57 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Are you ready to convert XERRO? Remember, free candy. Also, free boobies.

Atheists can have all the free boobies they like. But you have baby Jesus right there on your Avatar!!!... Baby Jesus sees you Owenshooter......... And he know what you're thinking.........

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Atheists can have all the free boobies they like. But you have baby Jesus right there on your Avatar!!!... Baby Jesus sees you Owenshooter......... And he know what you're thinking.........

How do you know it's supposed to be Jesus? Thousands of people must have been crucified throughout history, it could be anyone of them.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Major MeDeFe

Postby Snorri1234 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:59 pm

*gets a couple of matches*

Private Snorri1234

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:

*gets a couple of matches*

Wha? You told me to hide!

MeDeFe wrote:How do you know it's supposed to be Jesus? Thousands of people must have been crucified throughout history, it could be anyone of them.
\
True dat.

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:How do you know it's supposed to be Jesus? Thousands of people must have been crucified throughout history, it could be anyone of them.
\
True dat.

This is why I'm the "deputy" and you the figurehe... erm, actual leader.
Major MeDeFe

Postby Neoteny on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:48 am

MeDeFe wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

How do you know it's supposed to be Jesus? Thousands of people must have been crucified throughout history, it could be anyone of them.

I think it has something to do with the dramatic lighting. Is anyone else under the impression that Owen searches for specific keywords on a daily basis?
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Smokingdude420 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:50 am

Neoteny wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

I think it has something to do with the dramatic lighting. Is anyone else under the impression that Owen searches for specific keywords on a daily basis?

i think Owen just has to much time on his hands lol get a girlfriend man :lol:
Cadet Smokingdude420

Postby Visaoni on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 am

These days, a picture of somebody getting a crucified is almost guaranteed to be of Jesus. What else could you be doing? Making a political statement about the Romans a few years too late?

Plus there is that whole lighting bit Neo pointed out.

Bottom line, if you having anything to do with a picture of somebody being crucified, people are going to take it as a religious symbol. Which, one could argue I suppose, makes it a religious symbol no matter it's original intention.
Sergeant Visaoni

Postby owenshooter on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 am

Neoteny wrote:I think it has something to do with the dramatic lighting. Is anyone else under the impression that Owen searches for specific keywords on a daily basis?

has nothing to do with the dramatic lighting. has to do with the mods allowing a user to use an avatar depicting black face, declaring it "art work" and not offensive or racist. so, i chose to use a piece of art work that was deemed not offensive by the supreme court of america, to give them the middle finger for declaring racist imagery "art work"... and i don't search specific keywords on a daily basis... oh, and it is the baby jesus, because it says so in the title of the photograph... description from wikipedia follows...-0

Piss Christ is a controversial photograph by American photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition,[1] which is sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects.

The piece caused a scandal when it was exhibited in 1989, with detractors, including United States Senators Al D'Amato and Jesse Helms, outraged that Serrano received $15,000 from the taxpayer-funded National Endowment for the Arts for the work. Supporters argue the Piss Christ is an issue of artistic freedom and freedom of speech. The journal Arts & Opinion describes the controversy as "a clash between the interests of artists in freedom of expression on the one hand, and the hurt such works may cause to a section of the community on the other."[2]
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 am

OMG!!! That's Piss Christ? I should have known! I've never seen the photo before! Awesome! Way to go OWENSHOOTER!

Postby Smokingdude420 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahaha thats fucking great i love it
Cadet Smokingdude420

Postby Neoteny on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:48 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Neoteny wrote:I think it has something to do with the dramatic lighting. Is anyone else under the impression that Owen searches for specific keywords on a daily basis?

has nothing to do with the dramatic lighting. has to do with the mods allowing a user to use an avatar depicting black face, declaring it "art work" and not offensive or racist. so, i chose to use a piece of art work that was deemed not offensive by the supreme court of america, to give them the middle finger for declaring racist imagery "art work"... and i don't search specific keywords on a daily basis... oh, and it is the baby jesus, because it says so in the title of the photograph... description from wikipedia follows...-0

Piss Christ is a controversial photograph by American photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition,[1] which is sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects.

The piece caused a scandal when it was exhibited in 1989, with detractors, including United States Senators Al D'Amato and Jesse Helms, outraged that Serrano received $15,000 from the taxpayer-funded National Endowment for the Arts for the work. Supporters argue the Piss Christ is an issue of artistic freedom and freedom of speech. The journal Arts & Opinion describes the controversy as "a clash between the interests of artists in freedom of expression on the one hand, and the hurt such works may cause to a section of the community on the other."[2]

I see. Fair enough in that case. I'll say that art should be allowed to have racist (or other bigoted) imagery, and that imagery designed only to inflame should be limited, but it's hard to say where to draw the line, and I usually prefer to err on the side of free speech. I imagine this probably has to do with consistency of moderation than with actual content, however, in which case I don't have much comment. Props on the Piss Christ, though. I actually never bothered to dig up what it looked like.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

PreviousNext

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup