Conquer Club

Mapmakers Guild [Social]

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mapmakers Guild [Social]

Postby JP007 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 pm

I would very much like to join and learn how to make maps and contribute ideas.
Corporal 1st Class JP007

Postby john9blue on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey guys,

As you probably know, The Mapmakers Guild hasn't been experiencing much activity. No single person is to blame; the problem is that the people who joined the group aren't getting what they were looking for.

So I've decided to change the focus of the group. Previously the goal of the group was to make maps as a community alongside the Foundry folks. Thinking about this further, I've realized that we are currently just another mini-Foundry that doesn't actually have the authority to promote maps. We would be wasting our time trying to get things done in a forum separate from where things are supposed to get done.

The new focus of the group is as follows:

We are a collection of new and experienced cartographers who form small teams to work on new map ideas. If you are making a map and need extra support, or if you would like to help others create maps, this is the group for you!

So basically, instead of having every member work on every map (which makes it hard to get things done) we are a place where people form small teams to work on new map ideas. That way each member of the team has more invested in that particular map and has a better idea of the map's progress. Also, once the team is formed, discussion between team members should take place in the Foundry, not in the Guild. That way, the whole process is more open towards the rest of the Foundry and there is no lack of communication.

I think this will make it a lot easier to get projects off the ground and into the Foundry. I encourage you all to take another look at the Guild, and either start a new idea or help someone else with their idea. New members are always welcome. Thanks guys! 8-)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Mad Pineapples on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:34 pm

The reason I left was exactly because of what you've just mentioned. However, I'm really optimistic about the new aim. I'd like to re-join if there's no problem with that..
Sergeant 1st Class Mad Pineapples

Postby skeletonboy on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:42 am

I would like to join
Sergeant skeletonboy

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 pm

I would like to get into this group. I don't have anything in the foundry, or anything currently working, but I have photoshop, and would like to work on something. I'm developng an idea now, but would love to have somewhere to go for photoshop help.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby john9blue on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:56 pm

To join, you have to go to Control Panel and click the Usergroups tab, and go from there. ;)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Previous

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup