Conquer Club

Monsters! - Battle for the Powerstones

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Monsters! [D] - GP Stamp?? (P16)

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:16 pm

OK I made every change that was asked for... how about that GP stamp?

SMALL

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3513/399 ... e262_o.png

LARGE

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3497/399 ... c41c_o.png

Click image to enlarge.
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:26 am

Sorry for the dealy.

show: Rant at my employer to explain delay

Ok, so,

"Standard territory bonus only applied to monsters".

Does this mean players get 4 for 12 monsters, 5 for 15 etc? I assume there is either no standard deploy, or a standard deploy of 3 and 1 for 12 monsters, 2 for 15 monsters plus?

I'm sure you have it figured out xml-wise, so here is the stamp:

Congrats =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:38 am

DJ Teflon wrote:Sorry for the dealy.

Ok, so,

"Standard territory bonus only applied to monsters".

Does this mean players get 4 for 12 monsters, 5 for 15 etc? I assume there is either no standard deploy, or a standard deploy of 3 and 1 for 12 monsters, 2 for 15 monsters plus?

I'm sure you have it figured out xml-wise, so here is the stamp:

Congrats =D> =D> =D>

Thanx...

The xml works out to create the same bonus as the standard deploy of 3 and +1 at 12 +2 at 15 etc... =) ... now its time to set my eyes on the next stamp :)

=D=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Re: Monsters! [D,GP] - Graphics Review?? (P17)

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Just wondering when someone might stop by for a Graphics Review I would love to get the last two stamps and get this baby into Beta =)

==D==
Cook dolomite13

Postby gimil on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:24 am

I think how this map looks is fab. However could we see an image of the small with army numbers on top? I have a sneaking suspicion that the circles on the small may be to..small for the army numbers.

Cheers,
gimil
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:37 am

gimil wrote:I think how this map looks is fab. However could we see an image of the small with army numbers on top? I have a sneaking suspicion that the circles on the small may be to..small for the army numbers.

Cheers,
gimil

Here are maps a few versions ago with 88 and 888 applied the circles on the existing map are the same size.

=D=

88's Applied

small - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/367 ... ed13_o.png

large - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2508/367 ... 5398_o.png

Click image to enlarge.

888's Applied

small - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2471/367 ... e6f7_o.png

large - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/367 ... 0fdf_o.png

Click image to enlarge.
Cook dolomite13

Postby gimil on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:05 pm

looks good to me mate.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby MrBenn on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:46 pm

It pains me to say it again, but I still don't get the impression that there is a great deal of support for this map.... :-k
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby dolomite13 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:39 pm

MrBenn wrote:It pains me to say it again, but I still don't get the impression that there is a great deal of support for this map.... :-k

I have been working on the map for more than a year. I have been very patient and made every change asked of me. I believe the map is ready for the final forge.

I would be happy if people would stop by and say that they want to play this map it would make the past year of effort seem like it was all worth it.

==D==
Cook dolomite13

Re: Monsters! [D,GP] - Needs Your Support!!!!

Postby HollyElizabeth on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 pm

i would love to play on this map. i think it would be a great one to put through. it looks like so much fun! :D
Last edited by HollyElizabeth on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sunshine </3 You are missed more than you know.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125563&start=0
Private HollyElizabeth

Postby monster10 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:07 pm

it seems childish to me if this map makes it i will be surprised
Corporal 1st Class monster10

Postby dolomite13 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:13 pm

monster10 wrote:it seems childish to me if this map makes it i will be surprised

I know what ya mean, I have struggled with how realistic vs how cartoon like to make the map from the beginning. I think this map mixes just enough silly fun with crazy monsters and a fantasy theme to make it worth seeing through. There are other odd or childish themed maps out there like Doodle, Conquer Man, Poker Club, and Halloween Hollow and each has their fans and detractors. =)

==D==
Cook dolomite13

Postby natty dread on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:43 pm

IMO there are worse maps at play currently, I see no reason why this one wouldn't make it. Keep up the good work.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Re: Monsters! [D,GP] - Graphics Stamp???

Postby Unit_2 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:44 pm

I like the map overall, but there is a little bit I'd like to suggest to fix the Graphics.

The monsters in the south-west are a little hard to tell from another, I would suggest darkening the Yellow monster and brightening the Orange. The army circles also look a bit too transparent.

Other than that, it looks fine to me. Good luck dolomite13.
Corporal 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby RedBaron0 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Certainly looks like a fun map, and fun-looking/cartoonish maps I don't have any problem with and could be a niche that needs to be filled here. I like the look, the monster remind me of the brownie monsters from ATHF. :lol: ;) I think other maps have gotten into the Forge looking far worse than this one. If the community can show some love for the map I think this map is easily quenchable.
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Postby Zivel on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:42 am

I would be interested to see how this map plays out... It looks solid at the moment and dont see any reason why it cant enter the map selection. Looks like it would be one to put alongside arms race as a tactical race to the powerstones... could be one dimensional but there are a lot of maps that are very popular that are one track maps... I would play it and think as a speed game could be a lot of fun.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby paulk on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:52 am

I personally have trouble understanding how all the rules and attack routes work, I would probably have to try it out a couple of times (and loose big, lol) before I got a grip of it, but the map itself looks solid.
I hope it gets the final stamps so it can get into Beta. (send me an invite) ;)
Major paulk

Postby Industrial Helix on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 am

Been keeping my eye on this map for a while, as far as the graphics are concerned I would have said it was worthy of a stamp long ago; though I can see why gameplay took so long. Tbh, this should be well into beta testing as that's where the issues are going to arise with this style of gameplay.

Out of curiosity, do you have the XML written yet? Might as well do it while you're waiting.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 am

Dolomite, this is looking good. Hope your project gets to a new stage in the foundry.
Major Kabanellas

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Out of curiosity, do you have the XML written yet? Might as well do it while you're waiting.
I do but I learned some stuff about the xml while doing the Jamaica xml for cairn that might be the better way to do some of the things I am trying to do with this map. =)

Thanx

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Postby number five on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:16 pm

i like it man you got a fan right here
Corporal number five

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:45 am

dolomite13.
I still have small issues with the font size on the small map legend, but i won't complain.
i have issues with The Hive also on WM's small map,
so perhaps i am getting old and my eyes don't see as well as you younger folk, and i well understand the pressures of packing in the instructions.
Apart from that, this needs graphic stamping.
Good luck. :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:29 am

cairnswk wrote:dolomite13.
I still have small issues with the font size on the small map legend, but i won't complain.
i have issues with The Hive also on WM's small map,
so perhaps i am getting old and my eyes don't see as well as you younger folk, and i well understand the pressures of packing in the instructions.
Apart from that, this needs graphic stamping.
Good luck. :)

I will be revisiting the legend again later today to see if I can make the small map any more readable ... its hard at that size and the natural 72dpi of web based graphics. Too bad HD web is still a few years away and may not even get support in css3.0 or html5. The good thing about CC is that they can switch to the large map at any time and read the instructions and switch back for ease of play. =)

The Hive creeps me out with the bees so I have trouble looking at it in any size (i had a traumatic experience with bees as a child). But I love non standard maps like Hive and Poker Club and cant wait to play on it. Bzzzzzzzzz

I really hope this map makes it into play and is popular with the CC players. I would love to carry on the "Monsters!" theme into other maps as part of a series. I have an idea for a classic style map that would involve the homeland of the wizards. But I am leaving all of my other map ideas in limbo or in my head until Monsters! has moved to the Final Forge.

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:19 pm

The wizards are looking kool 8-)
General Blitzaholic

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:12 pm

I fiddled and fiddled with fonts and the small map is as clear as I can get the text. I could make all monsters slightly smaller and create a larger area for the key but that's a serious redo of the map. Unless the key is what is stopping if from getting a stamp I am reluctant to do that much work at this point.

How about some constructive feedback from the foundry crew... Otherwise lets stamp this baby so I can get on to the XML.

=D=
Cook dolomite13

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas