Conquer Club

Manual Army Deployment

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Manual Army Deployment

Postby Twill on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:17 pm

Hey Lack,

How hard would it be to have an option for creating a game that is "random placement of armies" and/or "manual placement of armies"

So that instead of 3 armies per country we get to choose where to place them or have them randomly distributed throughout the world.

It would add a new dimension to the game.

If you went with manual distribution, then you could have the first turn is only distribution using the same method of army placement that is available now.
The advantage of this is that anyone who does not place their armies in the first turn is automatically dropped for deadbeating and has their men randomly distributed throughout the world as a neutral player...thus solving the problem of 35% 1st move deadbeat players.

As always, just a thought

Twill
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:47 am

Hup! This is a great idea! Especially for games of 5 or 6 players, where early placement is random and frustratingly influential on the early game, and where you are practically guaranteed at least one drop out.

I support this message.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby lackattack on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:07 am

This is an intersting idea that I thought about myself (well, the manual placing at least). Not high priority, but I could add this down the line...
Sergeant lackattack

manual posting

Postby cenamom on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:56 am

I totally agree. Manual posting lets you set up your armies in a position you wish to go bypassing the frustration of only one fortification which especially takes forever in the USA game.
Thanks
Corporal cenamom

Postby SMITH197 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:38 am

I know this topic has been dead for a while, but it struck me today that we can't manually place armies and i though now we have alot more members than we did when this thread was started, maybe we can get some support for getting Lack to program it in. What do you think?
Corporal 1st Class SMITH197

Postby SprCobra on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:21 am

While your armeis were being transported to the abttle feild the chinooks blades collided with each other and the transporter planes engines malfuntions you had to parachute before the plane crashed and all the ehavy EQ was destroyed but some AA guns survived withthose you destroyed the enemys airborne divisions making it a ground vicious grunt fight and everyoens armies were scattered---------DOUBLES-------------------------------But then you found the leader of a fellow army and made an alaicne to ruel thew world the others eladers in fear of being crushed also teamed up

You manual placment is messed up the end
Cadet SprCobra

Postby SMITH197 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:21 pm

.... :? .....

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:21 pm

Manual placement? I totally disagree. You need place 1 army each time, then wait other players. This is the right way, because other way who place armies later will have a great advantage. It is boring, and in actual situation it can last for weeks. Please dont do it, lack.
Major Marvaddin

Postby SMITH197 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:32 pm

I had thought the same thing and i understand that as it stands now, it would take forever. But if we ever get time limit options, we might be able to create realtime games, then it would be do-able.

Deployment

Postby nogreasyhippies on Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:50 pm

We need an option of deploying at the start on the countries we want, like a certain tactical board game i could mention, instead of having 3 on each.
Private 1st Class nogreasyhippies

Postby Hoff on Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:59 pm

yes i agree, i would love this option. But just imagine how long a game like that would take. But i guess thats why and option for it would be nice.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Jota on Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:37 pm

Hmm. I wonder if there could be a compromise of some sort. Like, you can place several deployments' worth at a time, but maybe they can't be touching each other (to prevent someone from claiming 75% of Oceania on the first deployment turn). It'd be faster than deploying one at a time, although it might still be too slow to be practical.
Sergeant 1st Class Jota

Postby freakshow on Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:48 pm

frankly I'd rather see a drop game option first. that way if I ended up in a game like this acidently I could get the hell out.
"CAN YOU DIG IT?"
-thegrimsleeper
Private freakshow

Postby nogreasyhippies on Tue May 02, 2006 12:11 pm

Its just I come from a real-world risk playing background, and am craving the real world rules, sure it would take a long time, but thats the beauty of risk, its not a kids game.
Private 1st Class nogreasyhippies

Postby Pristella on Tue May 02, 2006 12:17 pm

It does have it's beauty, especially if played in rather fast realtime sequential version... Lalala!
Corporal Pristella

Postby Hoff on Tue May 02, 2006 2:17 pm

I really think an option for this would be AMAZING. ha
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Banana Stomper on Tue May 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Just a personal opinion. I know other people might like it, but i wouldn't really want to spend the time placing all sorts of troops. With three on each, it keeps things interesting. I know it would only be an option, but i for one would probably avoid using it.
Corporal 1st Class Banana Stomper

Postby HighBorn on Tue May 02, 2006 6:34 pm

i enjoy the fact theres no placeing... time for one...
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby Red Army on Tue May 02, 2006 7:52 pm

This definately should be a game option - only don't allow people to start conquering before everyone has placed their men.
Lieutenant Red Army

Postby freakshow on Tue May 02, 2006 8:39 pm

Red Army wrote:This definately should be a game option - only don't allow people to start conquering before everyone has placed their men.

yeah I'd be all for adding it and I might actually play a game with it, but it should only be in sequential games.
"CAN YOU DIG IT?"
-thegrimsleeper
Private freakshow

Postby Fieryo on Tue May 02, 2006 8:55 pm

you could install a 5 minute time limit on deployment, so as to prevent newbs from taking all night or something
Major Fieryo

Postby nhulbert on Tue May 02, 2006 9:19 pm

Another nice improvement to deployment would be to change how it is gone about. Say every country is a link, and you can click it, and a little box pops up asking how many armies you want to deploy on that country. Something to that effect... That's the simplest way I could think of going about making deployment easier, so it's not so darn important to know the name of every little country, especially since it's so hard to read them sometimes.
Major nhulbert

Postby Hoff on Wed May 03, 2006 12:58 am

nhulbert wrote:Another nice improvement to deployment would be to change how it is gone about. Say every country is a link, and you can click it, and a little box pops up asking how many armies you want to deploy on that country. Something to that effect... That's the simplest way I could think of going about making deployment easier, so it's not so darn important to know the name of every little country, especially since it's so hard to read them sometimes.

The problem with that is that part of the strategy behind deployment is seeing how you enemy is building up. And if they can dump 20 men on one counrty at once gets rid of alot of the strategy that makes deploying one at a time so good.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby nhulbert on Wed May 03, 2006 7:26 am

III'm, not, sure, what you're talking about... I don't think you got what I meant out of what I said. The only thing that would be different is deploying armies would be easier... So it would be less painful and less of a strain looking at every little country's name because one would be able to click on the country he(/she) wants armies on, and it would ask how many you want to put on there. There's nothing strategic or nice about the way it is now in my opinion...
Major nhulbert

Postby qeee1 on Wed May 03, 2006 11:25 am

I think the only way it would work is if you placed all your 20 armies or whatever in one go. I don't think the one army each at a time is feasible here on CC.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions