Conquer Club

Replace ? icon with "Basic Training" icon and Contest!

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

When we put the final suggestion through, which icon do you like the best to replace?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 am

JefJef's Feather concept
28%
Queen_Herpes/JefJefs horn/bugle concept
No votes
Alex's Dog Tags concept
28%
qwert's NR symbol concept
44%

Total votes : 18

Re: Replace ? icon with "Basic Training" icon

Postby edwinissweet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:54 am

lets just have a contest and let people submit their designs and the community can vote on it
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am

Question Mark still is number 1 for me by far, I don't think any contest would change it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Question Mark still is number 1 for me by far, I don't think any contest would change it.

--Andy

I kinda have to agree with our main monkey there I'm afraid.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Queen_Herpes on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:57 am

JoshyBoy wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Question Mark still is number 1 for me by far, I don't think any contest would change it.

--Andy

Darn, I should have become a Sugs Moderator so I could sticky my own suggestion.

Oh well. Perhaps since this suggestion is only 2 weeks old, we could give the ccommunity some time to review.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:49 pm

To me, the ? is a complete eyesore and doesn't imply "New Recruit" any more than dog tags would.

Going with gold/silver dog tags would be a nice visual improvement. A really quick and easy suggestion.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby edwinissweet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:53 pm

this is a suggestion? i thought we were all just trolling one another. just kidding :)

If you have a complaint to make about the way a moderator is carrying out their duties, please open an eticket and make it formal. If you just say things like that, it makes me feel like you are trying to get a reaction from someone. I dont want to feel that way, so please, kindly take it up with an admin.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:

--Andy

Darn, I should have become a Sugs Moderator so I could sticky my own suggestion.

Oh well. Perhaps since this suggestion is only 2 weeks old, we could give the ccommunity some time to review.

*sighs* all you had to do was ask Queen_Herpes....
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:

--Andy

While we're stickying it, why don't we go ahead and try to make it a valid poll?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:34 pm

I agree with Woodruff. Queen_Herpes, would you mind if you edited your poll to add in "leave it as "?" "?

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby edwinissweet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:18 pm

i was thinking about asking her, but truth is that the results wont be accurate. This would be the second time the poll gets reset. We'd end up with even less votes. I think she sort of killed the idea herself by making a biased poll and then trying to comply with the requests to change it.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:30 pm

edwinissweet wrote:i was thinking about asking her, but truth is that the results wont be accurate. This would be the second time the poll gets reset. We'd end up with even less votes. I think she sort of killed the idea herself by making a biased poll and then trying to comply with the requests to change it.

I don't know...that might be fixable with just a post in Bumpage directing folks to this thread if they're interested in it...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Re: Replace ? icon with "Basic Training" icon (and contest!)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:58 am

Woodruff wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:

--Andy

While we're stickying it, why don't we go ahead and try to make it a valid poll?

You are rightly concerned about validity, but I am rightly concerned about erasing the poll results again. I didn't "leave it out" on purpose. Once I saw that the previous results got wiped I wasn't going to reset it again. Give it time, and I will reset the whole poll again to add in "leave it as a boring '?' " as an option and I will also cull the options that haven't received votes.
Last edited by Queen_Herpes on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:00 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:

--Andy

You are rightly concerned about validity, but I am rightly concerned about erasing the poll results again. I didn't "leave it out" on purpose. Once I saw that the previous results got wiped I wasn't going to reset it again.

This is really not very honest of you, given that you changed the poll to add the dog tags at which point there were already statements about leaving the ? alone in the thread. You easily could have added it at the same time, but chose not to do so.

At any rate, as I mentioned previously, you could reset the vote and then put a post into Bumpage advertising the fact that you've reset the poll. That won't necessarily bring in all of the lost votes, but would probably more than make up for the lost ones anyway. Plus most of those who have voted and do actually care about the subject are probably still here reading anyway.

Postby alex951 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:46 pm

I agree with woody about advertising this in bumpage. With the "leave as is" as an option.
Corporal alex951

Postby skeletonboy on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:56 am

Can you resize the pictures so we can see what they would look like as the icon?
Sergeant skeletonboy

Postby alex951 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:24 am

skeletonboy wrote:Can you resize the pictures so we can see what they would look like as the icon?

i would be i have no idea how to do that :( perhaps someone with a little more knowledge can help out ;)
Corporal alex951

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:14 am

Here are the dogtags at 20x20. Though, someone with good graphic skillz could probably design a better, more clear version.

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:58 pm

I think that we are trying to hurry this along when it's not actually really going anywhere yet. I think a better starting poll would have been "Should the New Recruit symbol be changed?", with the options of "Yes" and "No".

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:05 am

Army of GOD wrote:Here are the dogtags at 20x20. Though, someone with good graphic skillz could probably design a better, more clear version.

Thanks for doing that AOG. Yep, this is just a preliminary poll and concept, so all the ideas coming out as suggestions for replacing the ? icon can be worked on by people with better skills! As contest entries...the winner will be the one put forward with the suggestion!

Seems as though a lot of interest has been generated by this topic!
Last edited by Queen_Herpes on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:15 am

I feel like this is an extremely simple suggestion. Doesn't lack just have to access the imaging code and replace the "?" with the dogtags or whatever is the most popular?

I also don't see why you'd want to keep the "?". It sucks.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:24 am

Army of GOD wrote:I feel like this is an extremely simple suggestion. Doesn't lack just have to access the imaging code and replace the "?" with the dogtags or whatever is the most popular?

I also don't see why you'd want to keep the "?". It sucks.

Agreed, its so boring. Plus, you have the same symbol used on foggy maps for the unknown territories and for information in the log on foggy maps. Seems like the symbol "?" is overused.
Last edited by Queen_Herpes on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:35 am

I think lack has a "?" fetish.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby alex951 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Here are the dogtags at 20x20. Though, someone with good graphic skillz could probably design a better, more clear version.

can you just shrink the dogtags without the empty white space?
Corporal alex951

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:10 pm

alex951 wrote:

Do I look like Jesus?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:08 am

Army of GOD wrote:
alex951 wrote:

Do I look like Jesus?

I don't think Jesus would make a good new recruit icon.
Last edited by Queen_Herpes on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions