Conquer Club

A Rethink of the Farming Rules

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: A Rethink of the Farming Rules

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:13 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:you'll never be able to draw a line that everyone can agree on.

Which is no different from the current situation, in which clearly MANY do not agree with the situation as it exists. So while your statement is true, it is possible to reach a position which is more palatable to more people than currently. Just because a perfect solution likely does not exist is not a reason to not try to find a strong, reasonable solution that most will find satisfactory.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Then instead of everyone constantly arguing over this issue start laying out ideas. Once you have a majority consensus on an idea, then tweak it until all agree that you have the best possible plan.
For the amount of Intelligent players on this site I am boggled that none of you will meet halfway on any measure that might help this site continue to expand and protect or help new players.

Most of the responses to any idea to curb this issue is flat nay saying. Quite nay saying and help out. If you see a reason why a suggestion wont work at least try to come up with a solution that will or an idea that is better.

My goodness like spoiled children,if it's not the way I think then it's no way at all.
Just think if you people were in charge of the world. What would it be like. Good news the same as it already is, because those in charge of the world think the same way as you do. Nay say everything but not willing to meet halfway or give options.

Just once try working it out reasonably.
Private jgordon1111

Postby danfrank on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Farming should be a term used to describe the harvesting of crops , planting seeds etc.. Farming as it is used on this website should be banned. The word itself .This is an internet game , since people have found a way to win, why penalize them. If those players that got farmed do not return to the site , then what type of individual are they ? Sore Losers ?
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:27 am

the problem that non farmers see in farmers is that it's a cheap win. i've looked at farmers map ranks. the argument that they risk alot for losing is hogwash. they're hundreds-thousands of points ahead. a bad high school football team can find a way to win if they play 3rd graders. this could also be compared to steroid use with pro atheletes. now i'm not saying that farmers are bad players. most of them are probably pretty good on their own, which makes the farm wins even cheaper. personally i'd rather lose 9/10 times in a good game than win 100 times in a row taking the same boring calculated steps that won you the game the last 1000 times. but that's just me.

i think the majority of the players agree that playing city mogul freestyle, or oasis manual, or something to that nature against a player that is fairly new to the site is a cheap win. it's human nature to dislike what you think is cheap. that's how society's, rules, and regulations are formed.

if you're not going to seriously tackle the problem then i don't really care what happens. this forum is actually bugging me more than the farmers because it's not going anywhere. and it don't look like it ever will. so that's why i say just drop it. it was a good try but farmers win here. it's just conquer club points anyway. not like it really means shit.

:roll:
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 am

jgordon1111 wrote:Then instead of everyone constantly arguing over this issue start laying out ideas. Once you have a majority consensus on an idea, then tweak it until all agree that you have the best possible plan.
For the amount of Intelligent players on this site I am boggled that none of you will meet halfway on any measure that might help this site continue to expand and protect or help new players.

Most of the responses to any idea to curb this issue is flat nay saying. Quite nay saying and help out. If you see a reason why a suggestion wont work at least try to come up with a solution that will or an idea that is better.

My goodness like spoiled children,if it's not the way I think then it's no way at all.
Just think if you people were in charge of the world. What would it be like. Good news the same as it already is, because those in charge of the world think the same way as you do. Nay say everything but not willing to meet halfway or give options.

Just once try working it out reasonably.

There have been a number of actually very good suggestions regarding this situation that have had wide support from the community, but have no interest on the part of the site toward actual implementation, other than providing extremely weak excuses that do not in any way hold up to serious scrutiny.

The problem is absolutely not with the suggestions themselves. It absolutely lies...elsewhere.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby jgordon1111 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Woodruff, I invite you to check Farming and Ranching rules (revised) and place any helpful comments there.

Most posters there seem to want to give Ideas to stop these issue's, And supply options if they think other ideas wont work.

Some posters have been invited for their opinions others have just dropped by to give them. Anyone that is willing to help,is invited to post.
Private jgordon1111

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:21 am

jgordon1111 wrote:Woodruff, I invite you to check Farming and Ranching rules (revised) and place any helpful comments there.

Most posters there seem to want to give Ideas to stop these issue's, And supply options if they think other ideas wont work.

Some posters have been invited for their opinions others have just dropped by to give them. Anyone that is willing to help,is invited to post.

I guess this is the third thread on this recently, and I was kind of hoping that the original would inspire more rethinks than copies of the original, or copies of older suggestions. I was kind of hoping for more threads to emerge off this into realistic suggestions. Circular suggestions help nobody, and there is a general consensus that there is an issue, but how to solve it might be slightly more complex than a single change.

Basically, this looks like a lengthy discussion, but I hope that the things that people have discussed so far don't get buried.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby agentcom on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:15 pm

I read the OP and some posts here and there. This looks more like some general discussion than an actual suggestion. Additionally, there has been no discussion on it in 6 months. If anyone wants to take the time to pull an actual suggestion out of this thread and post it, feel free to do so. However, in its current form, I am moving this to REJECTED.

If you do wish to propose a new suggestion regarding farming, please check here: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=175821 AND do a forum search to ensure that your suggestion has not been suggested before. If it has, please comment in the appropriate forum.
Colonel agentcom

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions