Conquer Club

Statistics

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Statistics

Postby BadgerJelly on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Hard to categorise this but this must be the correct forum I hope!

Basically how about taking statistics for Wins, Losses Game Size, % Placement finish etc.. and making a rating system and a form guide showing how players progress and giving them something to aim for outside of tournament play.

This would probably be a massive headache to code I've no idea!?

The benefits for this site are HUGE. If someone new comes to the site they will want to knwo how good they are and compete against others in the ratings. Having a "Running Rating" system over the last 25, 50, 100, 200 games played PLUS the running total would make every game more competitive and fun.

An overall rating is never going to be perfect obviously but I could put one together for you if wanted because I REALLY enjoy number crunching.

In no way am I talking about making an elitist system where more skilled players dont play lesser ones to help their stats. This can easily be prevented and I am aware of other possible Errors and have come up with all the solutions. :D

Anyway there it is. If people want this I'll do it if I get the stats or someone else can do it. Think it would benefit the site greatly and everyone loves to have some real stats to look over dont they?
Private BadgerJelly

Re: Statistics

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:28 pm

This reminds me of something akin to the RPI system in NCAA college basketball. Big and difficult to understand and deal with, but an overall semi-effective way to rate teams.

I would not be opposed to something like what you're describing, but I very much doubt that it will be implemented when there is already a scoring system in place. I do love stats though.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Geger on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Hm... I think here is the correct place.

I think you talk about something similar to Map Rank. I read, that the creator of Map Rank left CC, and someone is needed to improve this tool. Can't find the thread now, but it must be there. Go there and take a look ;)
Major Geger

Postby BadgerJelly on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:43 am

The current scoring system is meaningless. Thats easy enough to see at a glance.

Like I said I'm more than happy to put the time into this if its wanted in the future so get back to me whoever it is that needs to whenever IF ever! 8-)
Private BadgerJelly

Postby Geger on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:01 am

BadgerJelly wrote:The current scoring system is meaningless. Thats easy enough to see at a glance.

Like I said I'm more than happy to put the time into this if its wanted in the future so get back to me whoever it is that needs to whenever IF ever! 8-)

Many people (including me) will agree with you. There are many suggestions to change the scoring system, with pros and contras. I have no idea a change will take place.

But most people are happy to have Map Rank as 2nd and unofficial scoring system ;)

And like I said before, the creator of Map Rank left CC. And this Map Rank need an improvisation.

This is the thread : viewtopic.php?f=526&t=159067
Major Geger

Postby agentcom on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Doesn't seem like this idea is completely thought out or that the OP is going to revise it in the future. REJECTED
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions