Conquer Club

Clan Forums

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Clan Forums

Postby Haydena on Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 am

Maybe we could set up clan forums, for tactics and discussion between clan members and things like that... Maybe a "Clan" section, that then branches off into the different clans "Churchill War Cabinet", "Imperial Dragoons", "The Elite Core" and so on and so forth, all forums that are passworded or something so that only clan members can access them.

Just an idea than rather have the clans on one thread in the callouts forum...
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby Marvaddin on Sat May 20, 2006 10:52 am

But totally agreed. We would like it very much!!
Major Marvaddin

Postby HighBorn on Sat May 20, 2006 12:48 pm

All in favor....
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby Pedronicus on Sat May 20, 2006 1:02 pm

agreed
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Clan Forums

Postby Scarus on Sat May 20, 2006 2:27 pm

I don't want to take anything away from Lack and Twill, but if they are hesitant to do this, I will gladly offer such private forums over at the new xiGAMES forums. Since xiGAMES is not a clan, but a collection of Independent gamers, there would be no conflict.

Anyway, whether or not you decide to take me up on this, we invite you to come and check out our new forum at http://xigames.net/forum and let us know if you have any suggestions. All clan members will always be welcome as guests on our forums

We haven't really finished moving in yet, and are still working on graphics etc., but everyone here is cordially invited to come and visit us.

Aside from private forums for interested clans, we would also be happy to offer a private forum for an interclan council.
Last edited by Scarus on Sat May 20, 2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby Twill on Sat May 20, 2006 2:36 pm

We are discussing the finer points of implementation, its something we will be discussing at more depth tomorrow.

There has been a lot of interest in this and it's definately something I think would be advantageous, or at least, would not take anything away from the community or running of the site.

I'll get back to you tomorrow afternoon on a more definative answer. but needless to say, it is on my "to-do" list ;)
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby Haydena on Sat May 20, 2006 2:37 pm

*Punches air with fist*

Hurrah!

Postby qeee1 on Sat May 20, 2006 3:05 pm

I don't like the idea so much. The forums are for everyone. If the clans want private forums let them set them up themselves. That said I don't really care so much, just preferably put them via link to another page or underneath all the other forums or something so they're not bugging me.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

forum sections for clans [Done]

Postby cletus on Mon May 22, 2006 3:37 am

Hi,

it would be nice to have the ability to get a private section in the club forum for a clan.

It may be restricted: Only clans with a minimum of, lets say 10 (active) members may get this section.

So they are bound to this site and don't have to host an own forum somewhere else.

Philipp
Corporal cletus

Postby vtmarik on Mon May 22, 2006 11:56 am

Or, mayhaps, just a sub-forum under "Callouts" for clans and clan-related stuff?

Call it... "Clans"!

Hooray for my imaginativeness! :P
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Haydena on Mon May 22, 2006 11:59 am

Postby vtmarik on Mon May 22, 2006 12:03 pm

Haydena wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1629

Been suggested already... :-)

Ah... Well... *poofs into unsmoke*
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby onbekende on Mon May 22, 2006 12:06 pm

If suggestions are repeated, the are installed quicker, if complains are repeated, they are looked over longer :D
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Ehhh....

Postby thegrimsleeper on Mon May 22, 2006 12:29 pm

One of the rules of the game is no secret alliances. If you're going to talk about something, you have to put it out there in the open. Right now, this is being reflected in the forum. If the 1337K0R3 wants to post something, everyone sees it and knows what they're up to. I like that. I like the community feel of the forum as it is, and I think if private forums were implemented for clans, CC will become fragmented.

On a (somewhat related) side note, I'd like to see the ability to PM multiple accounts simultaneously.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Re: Ehhh....

Postby Haydena on Mon May 22, 2006 12:39 pm

thegrimsleeper wrote:One of the rules of the game is no secret alliances. If you're going to talk about something, you have to put it out there in the open. Right now, this is being reflected in the forum. If the 1337K0R3 wants to post something, everyone sees it and knows what they're up to. I like that. I like the community feel of the forum as it is, and I think if private forums were implemented for clans, CC will become fragmented.

Well these forums would obviously have to be moderated to make sure there are no underhand rule breaking tactics going on wouldn't they?

Postby General Mayhem on Mon May 22, 2006 1:50 pm

Ive mentioned this too. They are thinking about turning 'Usergroups' on in the future which would give us the 'clan forum' ability.
"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is ENGLAND."
Colonel General Mayhem

Postby vtmarik on Mon May 22, 2006 1:51 pm

General Mayhem wrote:Ive mentioned this too. They are thinking about turning 'Usergroups' on in the future which would give us the 'clan forum' ability.

They talk a lot don't they?
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Pedronicus on Mon May 22, 2006 3:00 pm

The one thing I'd like to see in the Clan thing, is the ability to group message all members of a clan.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby thegrimsleeper on Mon May 22, 2006 3:16 pm

vtmarik wrote:
General Mayhem wrote:Ive mentioned this too. They are thinking about turning 'Usergroups' on in the future which would give us the 'clan forum' ability.

They talk a lot don't they?

They certainly do.

Postby PaperPlunger on Mon May 22, 2006 4:38 pm

cool idea, could we maybe have password protected threads too? So that only clan mates can enter? or is that just stupid? :lol:
Private PaperPlunger

Postby mrdexter on Mon May 22, 2006 4:50 pm

PaperPlunger wrote:cool idea, could we maybe have password protected threads too? So that only clan mates can enter? or is that just stupid? :lol:

I started to reply to that, then realised i was too tired to tell if you were being sarcastic or not.
Positive: Great guy, will always play to his best. Honourable and fun to play with as well. You know you're in for a rough time playing mrdexter :) Game 31384 Haydena
Positive: Mr D is the golden child of CC, if we had to elect a king he'd get my vote! Game 76700 silus
Sergeant 1st Class mrdexter

Postby PaperPlunger on Mon May 22, 2006 5:21 pm

i wasn't being sarcastic, after i posted i noticed it lookerd a little bit sarcastic, but said F--- it, too lazy to edit

lol, i said lookerd
Private PaperPlunger

Postby thegrimsleeper on Mon May 22, 2006 5:26 pm

I'm sure they would be. I wasn't implying that these forums would be breeding grounds for cheating. I was just trying to say that I like the community feel we've got right now, and I think we'd lose that to a certain extent if private sections of the forum were created. Obviously there's a demand for it, and I may well be in the minority on this one, but what's one more opinion, eh?

Clan Forums

Postby Scarus on Mon May 22, 2006 5:37 pm

Yeah, clans can be divisive, but they are a fact of life in most online gaming. Most clans eventually develop their own private forums. I think it's pretty rare for them to talk about cheating though. Most of the time they are bashing people in other clans, or quite often each other.....lol

There's also often a lot of discussion about recruiting, discipline of clan members, and tourney hosting and signups.

I'd be somewhat surprised to see any of the clan members here conspiring in their secret forums to form secret combinations during games.

The downside of clans is that when one member feels somehow that he's been unfairly treated then his clanmates stick up for him, and often join together to get the accused offender.
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby wacicha on Mon May 22, 2006 5:38 pm

Scarus was serious about helping the clans that now want to have their own private space at his link =-= you can get to it by clicking on his link or by clicking on my 3rd link scarus started that site and he will work with anyone or clan that wants a little or a lot of space there so you can talk over the direction your clan would like to take w/out the rest of the world knowing what you are doing giving eath other helpful tips for up coming games and even get onto the tournies that he puts on a little sooner than there announced in the forum here you can talk to him thru pm here or pm at the link or pm me and i will approach him for you.... most players now i am here to help them any way i can just tell him wacicha sent you
Major wacicha

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions