Conquer Club

State of the Empire at a glance - Circle Fill Colour (Color)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby iiiDDA on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:53 am

Concise description:
1. Change the fill colour of the circle to be the colour of the player, this fill should not in any way be transparent - it should be a solid opaque fill
2. Outline the circle with a black border/circumference
3. Change the fill colour of the number to be white
I believe the more pixels lit up with the troop colour will attract your eye more and hence make it easier to read the map at a glance. I know of other games that actually fill the whole country with the troop colour - I suspect this may infringe on copyright so am not suggesting it.

EDIT* Just realised the maps are different - some have no circles! I had been only playing classic (in my comfort zone), nevertheless - I still think classic could be improved - but then I guess the game engine does not draw the circles!!!

Specifics/Details:
I have played world domination games for many years on many formats (board, PC, Xbox) and have never had any issue knowing the "state of the empire" from a single glance at the map. However, with CC I struggle to see the whole "board" at a glance. I have to focus on countries to see the owner and troop count.

I have read the thread on make blue lighter, in there there were many references to how hard it is to see the numbers, but the focus was on the number and the outlines - but not the actual shading of the circle itself.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
In speed games, the player does not have long to make his move and must analyse what the previous player did (especially as the map update is not 100% realtime). Enhancing the display of troop placement will make the map assessment much easier.
Cadet iiiDDA

Re: State of the Empire at a glance - Circle Fill Colour (Co

Postby agentcom on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:54 pm

No support ... REJECTED
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions