Conquer Club

CARD PLAY

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

CARD PLAY

Postby waltero on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 am

I just wanted to drop in and tell you all about an Idea I had.
What about utilizing Cards in the mechanics of the game play a bit more?

I have not seen cards being utilized to there full potential.
Maybe there is a board out there that does what I am thinking..I have not run across any as of yet.

I will explain: Allowing people to use cards in a different way.
Forcing a player to spend a card, in order to take a key position.
The possibility's are endless.
Maybe having player spend a card (or more than one) in order to attack a certain region.

As well as allowing players to drop any number of cards in a box and at the end of a certain round you add all the individuals card up, the one who has placed the most cards in the box would be allowed a privilege of some sort.

As well as having players use cards for defense. An attacking force wants to attack a player in a region, the defender plays a card and attacker has to match defenders same color (on card) in order to enter that region.

using cards as leaders. Placing additional troops in a territory that is marked on the card. ( during game play or at start of move)

Maybe the program does not allow for this. Just an idea.
No matter how many different boards you come up with...it is still risk.

It seems to me that most games a person plays, they know who is going to win in the first five minutes. if not right from the start.

Just a thought :roll:

Not Talking about introducing new cards to the game.

Waltero
Cook waltero

Re: CARD PLAY

Postby agentcom on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 am

waltero wrote:

That's actually several thoughts ...

There are lots of different suggested card settings. Try clicking on "advanced search" at the upper right. Limit your query to the Suggestions Forum (including subforums). Search for something like "cards." You can limit your search results by having the results only display topics rather than posts. I'm sure you'll find some suggestions you like that are more thought out and you can comment on them there. This is not a general discussion forum. After you have reviewed the previous suggestions, if you come up with something that hasn't been posted before, feel free to use the proper form and write up something a little more fleshed out.

Spoiler alert: This will be moved to rejected.
Colonel agentcom

Postby nicestash on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:17 pm

waltero wrote:I just wanted to drop in and tell you all about an Idea I had.
What about utilizing Cards in the mechanics of the game play a bit more?

I have not seen cards being utilized to there full potential.
Maybe there is a board out there that does what I am thinking..I have not run across any as of yet.

I will explain: Allowing people to use cards in a different way.
Forcing a player to spend a card, in order to take a key position.
The possibility's are endless.
Maybe having player spend a card (or more than one) in order to attack a certain region.

As well as allowing players to drop any number of cards in a box and at the end of a certain round you add all the individuals card up, the one who has placed the most cards in the box would be allowed a privilege of some sort.

As well as having players use cards for defense. An attacking force wants to attack a player in a region, the defender plays a card and attacker has to match defenders same color (on card) in order to enter that region.

using cards as leaders. Placing additional troops in a territory that is marked on the card. ( during game play or at start of move)

Maybe the program does not allow for this. Just an idea.
No matter how many different boards you come up with...it is still risk.

It seems to me that most games a person plays, they know who is going to win in the first five minutes. if not right from the start.

Not Talking about introducing new cards to the game.

Waltero

The problem with this is that it requires all players to be online for the duration of the game. Otherwise the attacker would have to wait for the defender to pick a color for every single territory he wants to attack
Major nicestash

Postby blakebowling on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:04 pm

No form, among other problems. I'm going to go ahead and archive this.
Private blakebowling

Postby waltero on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:39 pm

oops, sorry if there was another post on this. I looked but did not see any. Cant spend all my time searching. Gots to get on with the Game!
Besides, me eyeballs are feeling like they are going to pop out of my Skull. Spend way to much time glaring at the screen waiting till somebody makes there move.

No, just one idea. Many examples.

Just think there are more uses with da cards.

Not asking to change the cards. Just utilize them a bit more.

It can be done without having to wait for a response from other player.
Good gaming

Waltero
Cook waltero

Return to Archived Suggestions