Conquer Club

[Rules] Vote to kick

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Rules] Vote to kick

Postby Itrade on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:24 pm

MOD EDIT: This thread has been merged from a couple threads that promote the idea of allowing players to vote to kick a player out of the game after a certain number of missed turns. This has been REJECTED. And no, it won't happen for new recruits only.

For other missed turn suggestions, see here.

If you see any suggestions that should be merged here, please post here or inform a moderator. Thank you. --agentcom]
[/size]

I think that players should be able to vote to kick a deadbeat provided he's been inactive for at least two rounds. If it's a majority vote then the guy will be kicked the next round.
Sergeant Itrade

Postby molestar on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:52 pm

I disagree. People who go away for a weekend should not be removed cuz they don't have access to a PC.

If they don't play they will lose anyways
Sergeant 1st Class molestar

Postby PacoTheCharm on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:53 pm

i second that!

but only after a player has missed 2 or 3 rounds... cuz then ppl can get together and kick a too powerful oponent... sound good?

btw i love this game
Cook PacoTheCharm

Postby Itrade on Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:25 am

Itrade wrote:I think that players should be able to vote to kick a deadbeat provided he's been inactive for at least two rounds. If it's a majority vote then the guy will be kicked the next round.

Paco, I already said the inactive thing. Plus the players going away for the weekend can just tell his other players about it.
Sergeant Itrade

Postby destructo on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:08 am

I totally agree with Itrade. We're in a sequential game where one of the players hasnt even taken a turn yet. That means we all have to wait a full day every time its his turn which is getting ridiculous
Corporal 1st Class destructo

Postby lackattack on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:41 am

I agree with molestar that a weekend is too short. But I also agree that something has to be done to end the waiting.

So how about a limit of 4 missed rounds (I'm not a big fan of the vote)?

Does the deadbeat automatically surrender or we let him stay and just not wait for him?

If he doesn't automatically surrender, should there be a cap on the armies he accumulates??
Sergeant lackattack

Postby destructo on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:47 am

I say after 4 rounds just end that player and thats it. His armies stay where they are, the accumulated armies mean nothing. Best way I guess
Corporal 1st Class destructo

Postby molestar on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:38 am

I think that there should only be a deadbeat vote off or whatever in a seqeuntial game. Otherwise fuhgetaboutit
Sergeant 1st Class molestar

Postby Charbroil on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:39 am

A sequential game or not wouldn't matter because that person still takes up 24 hours either way.
Private Charbroil

Postby Ran Taro on Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:59 pm

I say after 4 rounds the game no longer waits for the deadbeat, and he accumulates no more armies.

Whether he surrenders or not is less important. On one hand it would make you keep on your toes, just in case he came back. On the other hand you might feel a bit cheated if a deadbeat came back unexpectedly and ruined your strategy.

I do feel that missing the first round should be an automatic surrender, however. If you can't show up for the first round, you're probably never going to, and it's just discourteous and painful to wait for someone who never shows up at all.

Also I think a deadbeat who never shows up for a game at all should have their maximum active games reduced by 1, to discourage them from doing it again. Keep on doing it, and you can't play anymore...
Corporal Ran Taro

Postby Itrade on Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:56 am

Erm...

I agree with the kick if he doesn't play the first round.

But four turns is too much. Perhaps we should be able to put options in when we create a game "Kick deadbeats after X inactive rounds".
Image My set is a bone coat-of-arms and chandelier! How cool is that?
Sergeant Itrade

Postby PacoTheCharm on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:24 am

I second what Ran Taro said... imma bite the next deadbeat... GWARRR!!!
Cook PacoTheCharm

Postby Risk_06 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:49 pm

We NEED to get rid of them deadbeats. *nod*

Especially with the 5 game limit, now, :(
Corporal 1st Class Risk_06

Postby Itrade on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:20 am

Lack, perhaps you should clear deadbeats now and now only then implement a "Kick after X deadbeat rounds" so we never have to deal with them again. Just go through people who haven't played in four days and delete their accounts. If they care about CC they'll just re-join. Then games will finish sooner and we can get more active and find bugs and try out new options and stuff.
Image My set is a bone coat-of-arms and chandelier! How cool is that?
Sergeant Itrade

Postby Sheik-e on Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:40 pm

The problem really is that some of you want a realtime game. If you want a faster game, perhaps games with shorter time limits for a turn for those with free time on their hands should be introduced.
Cook Sheik-e

Postby Sheik-e on Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:43 pm

Btw, you may want to think about a sort of Reaper to clear out accounts that are idle after X months.
Cook Sheik-e

Postby Cheeznuklz on Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:51 pm

yes, deadbeats are anoying :cry:
Cook Cheeznuklz

Postby Charbroil on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:12 am

How about just delete that person's account after 2 months (you can't realistically expect everyone who doesn't get on for 4 days to be a deadbeat) and to auto kick after 4 idle turns?
Private Charbroil

Postby lackattack on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:53 am

How about just delete that person's account after 2 months (you can't realistically expect everyone who doesn't get on for 4 days to be a deadbeat) and to auto kick after 4 idle turns?

Well, the 4 idle turns auto kick is now in effect!
Let's give it some time and see what sort of difference it makes...
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Hannibal on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:31 am

Hello , I'm new here but wouldn't it make sence to just end the game before you go away for a weekend? The 24 hour rule is decent but they should only get one 24 hour turn because from what i can tell one person could stall a game for sevral day's because that person could be a sore loser. I think voting should be considered as a option.My opinion may change when i figure out how to actully play the game.
New Recruit Hannibal

Postby CNC on Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:43 am

i dont think someone should have to wait three days just for others to play
i just started dident relize i could play more than one game now i stuck waiting so the other players make up there mind
On average with me and my PALS a game of risk lasts at topps 3 hours not three days comon play the game

THANK YOU
Private CNC

Postby lackattack on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:24 pm

Let me make it clear, games on Conquer Club are supposed to last for days. It's very different from playing in realtime around the table. Both ways of playing have advantages, but with a little patience, you'll find that a-turn-a-day can be really fun too :)
Sergeant lackattack

yor right

Postby CNC on Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:20 pm

im just ticked at myself for not realizing the rules compleatly befor i just jumped in to play now i have to sit and wait till you guys that play one turn a day to finish a game to play another
Private CNC

Postby Crimson_Knight on Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:05 pm

I LIKE the turn-a-day od, personally. Given my rather irregular internet schedule, merely having to log on once a day does make it easy on me.
"I can only express puzzlement, that borders on alarm..."
~Klump, Sin City
Private Crimson_Knight

Postby Mauddib28 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:47 pm

I like the Day-A-Turn thing because it gives more time to planning but at the same time if it's quick then you can depend on your enemies to make stupid mistakes that you can expliot.

Btw look at another topic put put about a "skip my turn" check box. I think it's a damn good diea that would help a lot in these "deadbeat" games.
Private 1st Class Mauddib28

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions