Limit New Recruits on any game to max 1

Suggestions that have been inactive for a long period of time.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Limit New Recruits on any game to max 1

Postby Tezu on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:06 am

Concise description:
  • Limit New Recruits on any game to max 1

Specifics:
  • The idea isn't to bann them from any games, but to set up a limit to the amount of new recruits who can join a game. If there could only be 1 new recruit in every game, a lot of problems could be avoided.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • It will limit the risk of having deadbeaters in a game.
  • Deadbeating won't be avoided, since there's always gonna be people who join and never return, but at least, the game won't be completely ruined.
  • People who set up games with the settings they like, won't be acussed of farming, and asked to stop playing the settings they like, just because a bunch of newbies join their games, and since the site won't implement rank barriers, this can at least prevent ending up with a lot of deadbeaters in one game...
  • New recruits would still be able to enjoy the site, without spoiling the fun for other members.

I've got nothing against new recruits, we've all been there once, but the fact is a lot of them deadbeat, and it's frustrating to set up a game for 5 players, and end up playing against 1 person, or none at all!!! I'm guessing it would be specially frustrating to a freemium member to set up a game for 5 players, go to sleep, and wake up to find 4 newbies joined and are deadbeating, preventing him/her from joining a new game and unable to do anything about it.

xoxo
Lieutenant Tezu

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Limit New Recruits on any game to max 1

Postby Masli on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:38 am

It might be better to make it so that new recruits are not able to join games against the higher ranks.
Games of Lieutenant and higher.

New recruit often play against eachother, so your suggestion for me is a nono ;)
Colonel Masli
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (9)

Postby Strife on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:01 am

If a cap is put on it, which I would highly disagree with it because it would limit new recruits(Also, it would force them to player more experienced players giving them a disadvantage), it should be no more than around 80 % of the players can be new recruits. This is a bad idea because new recruits usually join other new recruit games so they have a similar experience level, or at least this was my rational two years ago. So, a lt. starts a game and one recruit joins, and then another because of him and then two more to fill. They just want people of their level so they can learn how to play better. Or that's how I see it. :?
FREE MUSTARD!FREE MUSTARD!
Corporal Strife

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Tezu on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:07 am

sp20076771 wrote:I totally understand what you are thinking. However you should think that you WERE a new recruit a long time ago.

Did you even read all the way through what I said????

sp20076771 wrote:New recruits need to taste more about Conquer Club, if they play a huge variety of different games, then when the earn a promotion, the games in Conquer Club can become more competitive! In conclusion, I do not agree giving too many limitations to new recruits.

So, you think a new recruit should be able to join games with a lot of deadbeats in order to become more competitive?
Lieutenant Tezu

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Tezu on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:14 am

Masli wrote:It might be better to make it so that new recruits are not able to join games against the higher ranks.
Games of Lieutenant and higher.

New recruit often play against eachother, so your suggestion for me is a nono ;)

I'm all for rank limitations, but that idea has been rejected over and over. One of the reasons for rejecting that idea was that it would force new recruits to play against each other, and therefore have a lot of deadbeats in their games... That's why I thought of this idea...
Lieutenant Tezu

Postby Masli on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:48 am

On the todo list of lack is : No Points For New Recruit Deadbeats

Think that will be a good thing
Colonel Masli
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)

Postby Tezu on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:28 am

Masli wrote:On the todo list of lack is : No Points For New Recruit Deadbeats

Great!!! It's been on the list for almost 3 years now, but at least its there...
Lieutenant Tezu

Postby Masli on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:35 am

Tezu wrote:

Great!!! It's been on the list for almost 3 years now, but at least its there...

It has been suggested 3 years ago, for how long it is on the todo list i don't know
Colonel Masli
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Thezzaruz on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 am

I think it is a good suggestion too. But I don't see how it has any relevance to the OP's suggestion.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Tezu on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Masli wrote:
Tezu wrote:

It has been suggested 3 years ago, for how long it is on the todo list i don't know

Well, it's been almost 3 years since lack said he'd put it in the to do list... so, I guess since then...

But anyway... this only tells us how seriously the sugestions are taken... Since that has nothing to do with the topic...
Lieutenant Tezu

Farming: the simplest solution is always the best

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Concise description:
  • Make it completely impossible to farm.

Specifics:
  • Hide all games to new recruits that already have a new recruit in them.
  • Remove all restrictions on the games new recruits can join. (optional, it just won't be necessary to stopping farming after this)

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Make it impossible to farm:
    - any 3 or more player games will have non-new recruits join.
    - 2 player games fill fast enough to keep them from joining
  • New recruits will not have other new recruits deatbeating as their first experience on CC
  • Nothing that isn't a problem will get fixed. We're not changing the join a game page, making rank restrictions, or changing anything that will affect anything other than farming.
Last edited by The Neon Peon on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Re: Farming: the simplest solution is always the best

Postby TheMissionary on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:55 pm

This will also prevent people using new multiple accounts to engage in diplomatic advantages in games.
2013-11-13 11:47:40 - NapoleonTanerite [team]: "We will forgive your forgetting to use the troops in Turkey." It's hard to think with an erection, which I bet TM had!
Lieutenant TheMissionary
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (11)
Training Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (8)

Postby jefjef on Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:46 pm

The NEWEST farming craze is 1v1. Loophole after loophole.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:54 pm

jefjef wrote:The NEWEST farming craze is 1v1. Loophole after loophole.

If you start 50 two player games on any map and settings, it will never fill with new recruits, with two exceptions:
1. You've foed every player on the site.
2. You use the reserve feature to keep players out.
You currently get punished only for using these methods to farm, they seem to be okay with everything else.

What other loopholes can you think of?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:57 pm

I think data on Farming would be interesting to look at first---before adding other solutions. How much of "Farming" is actually still geared toward NR, since the addition of the rules and other solutions that have been instituted.
How much of "Farming" is geared towards those below a specific level of points, say 800 or something.

What sorts of data would be pertinent to understand and use, before instituting any additional barriers?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions