Conquer Club

DomQuebec [Texas Wars XML Bug]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

DomQuebec [Texas Wars XML Bug]

Postby JohnGault on Thu May 29, 2008 5:41 pm

PLACE THE NAME OF THE ACCUSED IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Replace or delete any xxxxxxx with the appropriate information.
Delete any accusations or entries which do not apply.

Be sure before you accuse someone!

Accused:

The accused are suspected of:
  • Other: Employing the use of a cheat code that enables him to take over countries at will that are not even adjacent to his countries. Check the game log. When I ended my turn I owned Pampas (which I had owned from the outset) in the Pan-Handle of Texas and when I went to check it again DomQuebec had taken it over. His game log shows him taking a different country in the usual mannor. I think he should be removed from this game if not taken out of CC entirely.

Game number(s):

Comments:
I'm not sure how he did it, but he is definately cheating. The map allows for no such moves. Please let him no that CC has no room for cheaters. If this is allowed it will ruin it for everyone. Based on him feedback he has already caused much trouble.
Major JohnGault

Re: DomQuebec

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu May 29, 2008 5:46 pm

I highly doubt he is using a "cheat code." However, I did got through the log and something weird definitely happened. I know this map had an XML problem when it was first released, it may be something along the same lines.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby JohnGault on Thu May 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

So you're saying its a possible flaw of the map? Is there anything that can be done to restore the game to its original form? If not then what?
Major JohnGault

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu May 29, 2008 5:54 pm

JohnGault wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

So you're saying its a possible flaw of the map? Is there anything that can be done to restore the game to its original form? If not then what?

It might be a flaw, but it might not be, I definitely don't know for sure. I did go post the issue over in the thread for the creation of that map. This past batch of maps had some weird XML bugs that cropped up for some random reason, and it may possibly be the result of a new version of the XML being uploaded to the system during the middle of a turn or something.

As for the procedure if that is the case... I'm not exactly sure to be honest.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby nagerous on Thu May 29, 2008 6:00 pm

I think Dom had that territory all along and you just confused, if you check the game log there is no evidence of your total territory numbers going down. If you had it, surely you would have forted it to the adjacent terr's. I doubt Dom has any wierd ass hack tbh.
Captain nagerous

Postby DomQuebec on Thu May 29, 2008 6:05 pm

Why do u posted some crap like that? I've no idea what u are talking about, but please someone, wipe out me quickly, so I will give a negative feedback to this moron who made false accusations.
Major DomQuebec

Postby Ogrecrusher on Thu May 29, 2008 6:06 pm

There is a display bug. The armies that appear to be in Pampas are actually in Lubbock (If forget spelling). The opposite is also true. XML needs fixing.
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Postby lancehoch on Thu May 29, 2008 6:09 pm

In the XML, the positions for the army counts for Pampas and Lubbock were switched. This has occurred in every game on the Texas Wars map. If you go into the Map Foundry and find the Texas Wars thread, you can see that this issue has been discussed since the release of the map. Last I checked, Andy said he was unable to get a hold of the person who created the map so that they could change the XML. The only thing you can do for now is remember that those two territories have the other's army count and you should be ok.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby cisco2001 on Thu May 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Are all of the maps affected? Also, no way Dom Quebec has a way of hacking into that map. It would take a high level of sophistication and intelligence. DQ is not the sharpest pencil in the box.
Major cisco2001

Postby JohnGault on Thu May 29, 2008 7:19 pm

So there appears to be an "XML defect".

I did not intentionally make any false accusations. I end my last turn owning Pampa. I come back to check after Dom's turn and now he's got it with no record of the attack in the game log. What was I supposed to assume? I don't play a lot of computer games, but I've played enough to know that cheat codes are not uncommon. Judging by his amount of negative feedback he doesn't exactly have a trustworthy record.

Any mention of me being mistaken about owning Pampa is complete BS! I have 4 on each of the adjacent territories because and the end of my first and second turns I fortified them with 1 each from Pampa. This I am sure of.
Major JohnGault

Postby Eurekaricearoni on Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 am

My husband and I were playing that same map and had tons of problems with the upper panhandle also...allowing attacking from places owned by him(but me using that place?)! It MUST have some bugs in it because our game was private between the two of us and I know we both didnt do any secret codes to win...just trying to help. Don't want anyone jumping my shit for a COMPUTER GAME! People need to remember that around here.
Corporal Eurekaricearoni

Return to Closed C&A Reports