Conquer Club

Woodruff -- Severe Forum Abuse, Flaming [Global issue][Done]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Woodruff -- Severe Forum Abuse, Extreme Flaming

Postby Chewie1 on Tue May 17, 2011 12:35 pm

pimpdave wrote:
Chewie1 wrote:YAWN YAWN YAWN

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.

Just trying my own brand of flaming....

But seriously if any player constantly uses offensive words in posts they should have action taken against them as it is violating rules, and some are easily offended.
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby jackal31 on Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Woodruff.....is this true?

And you call yourself a school teacher....shame on you!
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 17, 2011 1:56 pm

jackal31 wrote:Woodruff.....is this true?

Is what true? That I have recently called pimpdave an idiot, among other things? Absolutely. Most of his links in this thread have already been dealt with through punishment however...he seems to believe in double jeopardy.

jackal31 wrote:And you call yourself a school teacher....shame on you!

Why? I'm not in class here and none of my students are on this website.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Chewie1 wrote:But seriously if any player constantly uses offensive words in posts they should have action taken against them as it is violating rules, and some are easily offended.

That's just it...other than the recent responses to pimpdave's trolling, most of these have already been dealt with.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby pimpdave on Tue May 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Woodruff wrote:Most of his links in this thread have already been dealt with through punishment however...he seems to believe in double jeopardy.

Well, how am I supposed to know that? The mods don't share that information. Why don't you highlight those posts that you have been punished for and what the punishments were. I'll remove them from the OP.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby 40kguy on Tue May 17, 2011 2:37 pm

I have also been insulted by wood here.
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby kennys777 on Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 pm

This is better than a soap opera!

Just to show I am not trolling, I am using this post to help me learn what not to do. Thanks for the learning experience.

:-s
Sergeant kennys777

Postby stahrgazer on Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 pm

pimpdave wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Most of his links in this thread have already been dealt with through punishment however...he seems to believe in double jeopardy.

Well, how am I supposed to know that? The mods don't share that information. Why don't you highlight those posts that you have been punished for and what the punishments were. I'll remove them from the OP.

Rather than that, have him indicate which posts when, how many separate violations they gave disciplinary action for, and request that the disciplinary action be upgraded based on repeats that occurred after the first disciplinary action and continued repeats after the last disciplinary date. After all, repeated violations - even violating something different that is not technically a repeat - are supposed to incur higher and higher disciplinary actions.

For whoever said Woodruff was a schoolteacher... wow, that is illuminating. It sheds light on what's wrong with our educational system. "It's okay because I'm not in class," is hardly an upstanding example. Unless your class is, "How to be vitriolic and abusive in public."

On the other hand, I once posted a report on someone for using, "fucking retard," and the report was rejected.

Finally, there are those who mention that some are "easily offended." I can be, but am not always easily offended. My problem with saying things like that is, it puts the onus on the listener rather than the onus on the speaker. While the US and other (not every, but some other) countries grant citizens the "right to free speech," that right still has some limitations.

Some are ethical, some are based on political correctness (or lack thereof) - for example, if anyone on CC has even a trace of Down's Syndrome, then the use of "fucking retard," takes on a new dimension, punishable by various acts that have been passed to protect the mentally disabled; making it not just a nuisance nastiness, but a criminal act to use that wording.

As another example, yelling, "Fire!" - while in itself, not offensive at all, is deemed unacceptable practice especially in crowded places. Again, the onus is on the speaker rather than the listener to exhibit some self-discipline.

Disciplinary actions sometimes have to take place when a person displays a lack of self discipline.

Clearly, the number of sample posts reflect a lack of self discipline.

So... just imagine what his students are learning from him!
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby pimpdave on Tue May 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Oh I'm not looking to get Woody removed from the site or anything, I just want him to knock it off with the constant reporting, the constant trying to get people banned, the constant slinging of insults then parading around claiming he was trolled. Really what I'm looking for is for him to either take it the same way he dishes it out (I mean, honestly, why is he reporting people constantly? And then bragging about it?). Or to just stop dishing it out if he's so upset about then reaping what he sows.

This really isn't that complex of a concept. He's flamed me plenty of times, this is the first time I've ever bothered to bring it up to the mods.

As far as the easily offended thing. That's the weirdest part. Because Woodruff is incredibly easily offended. All you have to do is disagree with him or him to take it as a personal affront, but then he comes back with these big huge expletive filled posts. I wouldn't mind all of the expletive filled posts if he wasn't constantly trying to get me in trouble.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 17, 2011 3:12 pm

stahrgazer wrote:For whoever said Woodruff was a schoolteacher... wow, that is illuminating. It sheds light on what's wrong with our educational system. "It's okay because I'm not in class," is hardly an upstanding example. Unless your class is, "How to be vitriolic and abusive in public."

Oh good Lord, give me a break. This is not my class and my students are not on this website. This gives absolutely no indication of my teaching styles, my teaching abilities or how I conduct my classroom.

stahrgazer wrote:Clearly, the number of sample posts reflect a lack of self discipline.

I do have a problem with responding to pimpdave's trolling, that is true.

stahrgazer wrote:So... just imagine what his students are learning from him!

Yes, just imagine! Clearly, how someone posts on a game forum is an obvious indication of how they teach! Or, you could follow pimpdave's trolling into one of my threads to find out, that's certainly true.

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 17, 2011 3:15 pm

pimpdave wrote:Oh I'm not looking to get Woody removed from the site or anything, I just want him to knock it off with the constant reporting, the constant trying to get people banned, the constant slinging of insults then parading around claiming he was trolled.

You are a troll, pimpdave. That really isn't questioned by anyone paying attention.

And you clearly ARE trying to get me removed from the site, as evidenced by your recent trolling spree against me, trying to goad me into enough insults that you can make it happen. To pretend otherwise is just silly on your part.

pimpdave wrote:I mean, honestly, why is he reporting people constantly? And then bragging about it?

I've bragged about nothing. You made a claim about me regarding the idea that I am trying to get people removed all the time, to which I responded with the statement of fact that you are the only individual I am trying to get put back on a well-deserved 6-month ban. It certainly wasn't bragging, as I wish you wouldn't be such a troll.

pimpdave wrote:As far as the easily offended thing. That's the weirdest part. Because Woodruff is incredibly easily offended. All you have to do is disagree with him or him to take it as a personal affront, but then he comes back with these big huge expletive filled posts.

This isn't even remotely true. Which does make it typical of pimpdave's propoganda.

Postby MNDuke on Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm

stahrgazer wrote:For whoever said Woodruff was a schoolteacher... wow, that is illuminating. It sheds light on what's wrong with our educational system. "It's okay because I'm not in class," is hardly an upstanding example. Unless your class is, "How to be vitriolic and abusive in public."

He could be an art teacher.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby pimpdave on Tue May 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Woodruff wrote:
pimpdave wrote:I mean, honestly, why is he reporting people constantly? And then bragging about it?

I've bragged about nothing. You made a claim about me regarding the idea that I am trying to get people removed all the time, to which I responded with the statement of fact that you are the only individual I am trying to get put back on a well-deserved 6-month ban. It certainly wasn't bragging, as I wish you wouldn't be such a troll.

Right, so why do you expect anyone to ever be nice to you? And don't make me pull another The Daily Show on you and post a bunch of quotes where you've bragged about reporting people...

You never say nice things about me, you criticize me non-stop, you report me constantly, but somehow I'm the one trolling when I occasionally say that something you've done is garbage? That's my honest opinion. I don't think you did a good job in some instances.

I really think you might need a break from the forums. You're just mean, to a lot of people. And somehow you still think it's unjust that you might reap what you sow.

PS. I updated the OP to include your most recent incidence of name-calling. I'm not a troll. By your definition, you're a troll too. Please get a hold of yourself man. Stiff upper lip.
Last edited by pimpdave on Tue May 17, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 17, 2011 3:28 pm

The really funny thing about this is that the ONLY reason I even came back to the fora was to brag a bit about a few of my cadets, and then leave again.

I was however quickly alerted to a response by pimpdave in that thread in which he couldn't help but attack my cadets. That brought me back into the fora, as I wanted to keep an eye on that thread so I figured I'd hang around for a while to do so. So essentially, pimpdave brought me back into the fora and has kept me here thanks to his own trolling. Rather ironic.

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 17, 2011 3:31 pm

pimpdave wrote:You never say nice things about me, you criticize me non-stop, you report me constantly

All of this is certainly true. I have nothing good to say about your posts at all these days, pimpdave. You used to post meaningfully, but that ship has sailed long ago.

pimpdave wrote:but somehow I'm the one trolling to say that I don't like the fruits of your labor?

If that were all you said, that wouldn't be trolling. But that's not all you said, and you know it.

pimpdave wrote:PS. I updated the OP to include your most recent incidence of name-calling. I'm not a troll.

You are nothing BUT a troll.

Postby MNDuke on Tue May 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Don't you have a class to teach? I think stahrgazer might have been on to something. Shouldn't your attention be on your students? Not that I'm judging....much.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby stahrgazer on Tue May 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Oh good Lord, give me a break. This is not my class and my students are not on this website. This gives absolutely no indication of my teaching styles, my teaching abilities or how I conduct my classroom.

Actually, it does.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 17, 2011 5:25 pm

MNDuke wrote:Don't you have a class to teach? I think stahrgazer might have been on to something. Shouldn't your attention be on your students? Not that I'm judging....much.

I don't post from school. The site is disallowed from the network as it is a gaming site.

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 17, 2011 5:28 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Actually, it does.

That is an outstanding explanation! And no, it does not. This site is my de-stressor from school. This is not school. That may be a difficult distinction for you to make, but it shouldn't be.

Heck, even my posting in this thread is a de-stressor for me.

Postby murphy16 on Tue May 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Woodruff wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Actually, it does.

That is an outstanding explanation! And no, it does not. This site is my de-stressor from school. This is not school. That may be a difficult distinction for you to make, but it shouldn't be.

Heck, even my posting in this thread is a de-stressor for me.

And all of you that are attacking him such as the post by stahrgazer, are doing the exact thing that he is being accused of, FLAMING!
Lieutenant murphy16

Postby Dibbun on Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Regardless of who said what, you guys really shouldn't be bringing Woodruff's real life into this, especially in a "srs bsns" forum like C&A.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby jefjef on Tue May 17, 2011 7:24 pm

murphy16 wrote:

And all of you that are attacking him such as the post by stahrgazer, are doing the exact thing that he is being accused of, FLAMING!

murphy. That is not FLAMING. :roll:

It is very mild BAITING at the most and only if you really reach.

The OP does have a valid complaint vs woodruff. I might even go find a couple f*ck you tirades that he has launched at me in the past.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Dibbun wrote:Regardless of who said what, you guys really shouldn't be bringing Woodruff's real life into this, especially in a "srs bsns" forum like C&A.

Whoever was the first to bring up Woodruff's real life job (was it Jackal?) is likely in trouble. I've seen someone banned before for saying "so and so is a cop".

Just sayin... if CC wants to claim consistency in their punishments.
Major Bones2484

Postby jackal31 on Tue May 17, 2011 7:44 pm

just for the record.....as a future teacher and after discussing with my wife my comment (who is also a tenured teacher), I have to defend Woody here in the regard that his conduct here (at CC) is a form of destressing. There are teachers who drink at the bar, but dont drink in the classroom. I cannot speak for Woody's character in the class, but I really hope it represents the model character our students need from our teachers. What I have seen here is not representative of the leadership qualities students need today.

Woodruff, as much as you and I have butted heads here, I will support you in that you need a destressor. I dont think lashing out on other posters (regardless of how insanely stupid some are) is a good thing however.
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby jackal31 on Tue May 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Dibbun wrote:Regardless of who said what, you guys really shouldn't be bringing Woodruff's real life into this, especially in a "srs bsns" forum like C&A.

Whoever was the first to bring up Woodruff's real life job (was it Jackal?) is likely in trouble. I've seen someone banned before for saying "so and so is a cop".

Just sayin... if CC wants to claim consistency in their punishments.

Its in his profile people!..Jeez!
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports