BOB comments (old thread)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

BOB comments (old thread)

Postby sherkaner on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Colonel sherkaner

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)
General Contribution (11)

Re: BOB 4.7.3

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:08 am

Just to confirm - I have handed over the keys to the BOB to Sherkaner - and he will be maintaining BOB going forward...

You won't notice any changes in the update mechanism as we have handled this for you.

Good luck Sherkaner - and thank you for helping out.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 am

BTW - you can remove the Card Counting code now - the site does this for you now.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby sherkaner on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:46 pm

yeti_c wrote:BTW - you can remove the Card Counting code now - the site does this for you now.

C.

I guess you mean the Redemption values, I removed showing that now.
Colonel sherkaner

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: BOB 4.7.4

Postby RecklessB on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks allot for maintaining this awesome script. It really bumps the whole CC experience up a few pegs.
Lieutenant RecklessB

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 pm

The script update is causing the drop down menu that allows you to jump to a different page on pages like the Join A Game page to not open. When you click on it, it takes you back to the top of the page. It worked properly when I turned off Greasemonkey, and this was the only script that I've updated.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 pm

It also appears that the new version is blocking access to Live Chat for some reason. Seems like you changed too many things.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby sherkaner on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:48 am

Night Strike wrote:It also appears that the new version is blocking access to Live Chat for some reason. Seems like you changed too many things.

Yeah, I kinda expected I changed too much, that's why I've tested it myself for a week.
I guess you know I don't use chat now, or that dropdown.. But it is fixed now.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: BOB 4.7.7

Postby AndrewB on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:04 pm

For some reason "Map Opacity" effects the country army numbers now.

That wasn't the case before. Looks like z-order is off...
Lieutenant AndrewB

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)
Map Contribution (3) Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (2)

Postby AndrewB on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:11 pm

sherkaner wrote:
Night Strike wrote:It also appears that the new version is blocking access to Live Chat for some reason. Seems like you changed too many things.

Yeah, I kinda expected I changed too much, that's why I've tested it myself for a week.

Is it possible to get version 4.7.3 somewhere?

All those changes to JQuery are giving to benefits, only problems...

Good programmer slogan: If it ain't broken, don't fix it...
Lieutenant AndrewB

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby sherkaner on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:32 pm

AndrewB wrote:
sherkaner wrote:

Is it possible to get version 4.7.3 somewhere?

All those changes to JQuery are giving to benefits, only problems...

Good programmer slogan: If it ain't broken, don't fix it...

Hmm, I think in this case it's better for me to fully understand the code and be able to adjust it in case future errors show up. And it definately needed some maintenance anyway. :D
Colonel sherkaner

Postby monte485 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:21 pm

'nother problem .. trying to get into philipines map, get stuck on "parsing XML". Can get in to other games
with BOB, can get into Philippines games without BOB
Lieutenant monte485

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (4)

Postby AndrewB on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:36 pm

sherkaner wrote: And it definately needed some maintenance anyway. :D

What was wrong with that, that prompted the complete re-write?

Did you test the performance of that new script on some of the big maps (Conquer Man) and long lasting games with huge log(Game 1000001)?
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby red42 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Same problem as monte485 on Philippines. Tried clearing cache to no avail.

Thanks!
Colonel red42

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:05 am

AndrewB wrote:For some reason "Map Opacity" effects the country army numbers now.

That wasn't the case before. Looks like z-order is off...

I've not checked the new code - but suspect it's that there is no longer the additional Army numbers image used anymore...

This was the one reason I had to code that bit in!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Next

Return to Tool Archives