Conquer Club

BOB comments (old thread)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.1.5

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:44 am

hide menu isn't fixed, im playing on ie now!
It's your turn...................................
Sergeant LLLUUUKKKEEE

Postby ISN2 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:09 am

What is the purpose of new bar:
Red: 4 Green: 6 Blue: 8 Mixed: 10

Every body knows it and they only get used in Flat Rate games, is there any way to turn that bar off?

Edit: Your code:
Code: Select all
if (gameSettings.spoils == eBonusCards.FLATRATE) {

Is not working and this IF is true in any game settings, even in no spoils.
Major ISN2

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:27 am

ISN2 wrote:What is the purpose of new bar:

Every body knows it and they only get used in Flat Rate games, is there any way to turn that bar off?

many people dont know this above
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby sherkaner on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:44 am

ISN2 wrote:What is the purpose of new bar:

Normally it doesn't show up if it is a non-flatrate game, but now BOB sees every game as flat rate.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:01 am

Thanks Sherk.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby macbone on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:46 am

Gracias, Sherk! You're da man!
Colonel macbone

Postby LoeNY on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:16 am

Dako wrote:By the way, every game looks like standard with no team as the naming has changed. Guess we can bear with it.

Yeah, I see that too, but at least we can use BOB. We just need to bear with it for one day.

Thanks Sherk for the quick fix.
Sergeant 1st Class LoeNY

Postby Rémi on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Anybody knows How to reset the "Hide menu" Option to "No"without reinstalling BOB ?
Colonel Rémi

Postby Leehar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Rémi wrote:Anybody knows How to reset the "Hide menu" Option to "No"without reinstalling BOB ?

Play Peek-a-boo with your mouse and the edge of the screen?
Otherwise if you only set hide menu to game or forums, you can just go to the opposite.
show
Colonel Leehar

Greasemonkey 0.9.1 install button did nothing, reverted to 0

Postby JDLH on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Greasemonkey 0.9.1 wouldn't install Bob 5.1.5 for me. My workaround was to fall back to the older version 0.8 of GreaseMonkey, which installed Bob 5.1.5 just fine.

I pretty much ignore GreaseMonkey except when it asks me to update it. A few days ago, the
"Bob" script developers released version 5.1.5. I went to upgrade, and the GreaseMonkey install script appeared. I pressed the "Install" button; nothing happened. I pressed the "Script Source" button; nothing happened. I pressed the "Cancel" button. The GM Install dialog disappeared. The "Bob" script was no longer active on my system.

I checked, and I had GreaseMonkey 0.9.1 at the time. After a bit of forum reading, I suspected that 0.9.1 wasn't working with this script, so I installed GreaseMonkey 0.8.20100211.5 and restarted Firefox. (You can find past GreaseMonkey versions at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 20100211.5 ).

Then I went to the "Bob" script installation link. It worked as expected. The GreaseMonkey install dialog appeared. I pressed the "Install" button. The "Bob" script installed.

I suspect there's an incompatibility between GreaseMonkey 0.9.1 and the Bob script. If the developers of the Bob script want to take this up with the developers of GreaseMonkey, it looks like http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-users or http://userscripts.org/forums/1 .

My environment:
* Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.8
* Firefox version: 3.6.16 Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X
10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
* Greasemonkey version: 0.9.1
* Exactly which script, if any, is causing a problem? Bob -
ConquerClub <http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341>
* Exactly which page, if any, is exhibiting this problem: GM's Script
installation dialogue.

I hope this is helpful to someone in tracking down the problem. I don't know where in this sprawling thread to post such a report, so let's hope replying to the first message in the thread will do.
--Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada
Major JDLH

Re: Greasemonkey 0.9.1 install button did nothing, reverted

Postby ISN2 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:14 pm

JDLH wrote:Greasemonkey 0.9.1 wouldn't install Bob 5.1.5 for me. My workaround was to fall back to the older version 0.8 of GreaseMonkey, which installed Bob 5.1.5 just fine.

I pretty much ignore GreaseMonkey except when it asks me to update it. A few days ago, the
"Bob" script developers released version 5.1.5. I went to upgrade, and the GreaseMonkey install script appeared. I pressed the "Install" button; nothing happened. I pressed the "Script Source" button; nothing happened. I pressed the "Cancel" button. The GM Install dialog disappeared. The "Bob" script was no longer active on my system.

I checked, and I had GreaseMonkey 0.9.1 at the time. After a bit of forum reading, I suspected that 0.9.1 wasn't working with this script, so I installed GreaseMonkey 0.8.20100211.5 and restarted Firefox. (You can find past GreaseMonkey versions at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 20100211.5 ).

Then I went to the "Bob" script installation link. It worked as expected. The GreaseMonkey install dialog appeared. I pressed the "Install" button. The "Bob" script installed.

I suspect there's an incompatibility between GreaseMonkey 0.9.1 and the Bob script. If the developers of the Bob script want to take this up with the developers of GreaseMonkey, it looks like http://groups.google.com/group/greasemonkey-users or http://userscripts.org/forums/1 .

My environment:
installation dialogue.

I hope this is helpful to someone in tracking down the problem. I don't know where in this sprawling thread to post such a report, so let's hope replying to the first message in the thread will do.

There isn't any incompatibility! I have BOB 5.1.5, Greasemonkey 0.9.1 and Firefox 4 and everything works just fine.
Major ISN2

Postby fonsken on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:51 am

I lost Bob yesterday. Bob requested an update, I cllicked and it was gone. At first I didn't think much of it, April fools perhaps, but today there still is no Bob. I tried to install Bob, but it siomply won't let me. I can click the install button all I like, nothing happens.
Major fonsken

Re: Greasemonkey 0.9.1 install button did nothing, reverted

Postby sherkaner on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:19 am

JDLH wrote:Greasemonkey 0.9.1 wouldn't install Bob 5.1.5 for me. My workaround was to fall back to the older version 0.8 of GreaseMonkey, which installed Bob 5.1.5 just fine.

My environment:
installation dialogue.

I think this is a known bug in Greasemonkey, and you can't install any scripts. viewtopic.php?f=527&t=91386&start=960#p3049584, I guess it will be fixed in the next greasemonkey version. Upgrading to ff4 works too.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Rémi on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:57 am

Leehar wrote:
Rémi wrote:Anybody knows How to reset the "Hide menu" Option to "No"without reinstalling BOB ?

Otherwise if you only set hide menu to game or forums, you can just go to the opposite.

Hide menu = On...
Can't click on menu bar anymore...
So ?
Colonel Rémi

Postby anonymus on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:11 am

ARGH!
i cannot download any userscripts anymore.. firefox 4 - OS X 10.6.6 - Macbook pro 2.2 i7 8 GB ram
i get the installwindow but cannot cklick install (or anything but cancel really)
i get a bold message saying "only download scripts from sourses you trust" but it wont let me install..

im sure there is something very simple im overlooking here.. any tips?

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Rémi wrote:
Leehar wrote:

Hide menu = On...
Can't click on menu bar anymore...
So ?

find your name on the scoreboard
go to your profile
write on your wall
bob should stay cause you have (1 wall)
It's your turn...................................
Sergeant LLLUUUKKKEEE

Postby Rémi on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanx !
Colonel Rémi

Postby ender516 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Clever idea, LLLUUUKKKEEE.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby anonymus on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:20 am

ender516 wrote:Clever idea, LLLUUUKKKEEE.

yes clever indeed,
has anyone resolved how to get bob to work with firefox 4, greasmonkey 9.1 ?
i stll cannot "accept" when i try to download.. same goes for all addons.. any tips?

best
Click image to enlarge.

Major anonymus

Postby sherkaner on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 am

anonymus wrote:

yes clever indeed,
i stll cannot "accept" when i try to download.. same goes for all addons.. any tips?

best

Ah right, I thought it was only a problem for FF3.
But it's a bug in greasemonkey, when Growl is installed on a mac but not running. Temporary solutions: start growl (through System Preferences) or uninstall growl. Will be fixed in the next greasemonkey version.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby anonymus on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 am

sherkaner wrote:
anonymus wrote:

yes clever indeed,

best

Ah right, I thought it was only a problem for FF3.
But it's a bug in greasemonkey, when Growl is installed on a mac but not running. Temporary solutions: start growl (through System Preferences) or uninstall growl. Will be fixed in the next greasemonkey version.

ah i see.. simple enough thanks mate!

edit; worked like a charm (too bad i allready lost a game in HA's tournament due to no bob) oh well ill win the next now when i have it ;)

Click image to enlarge.

Major anonymus

Postby netspyman on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:35 pm

ok guys i need some help. I just had to reinstall windows 7 and after that i cant get bob to work. I have windows 7 grease monkey .91 and bob 5.1.5
when i have it all loaded i dont see a bob menu and there is no bob working. If i look in manage user scripts i see bob there but cant seam to get it to work. Am i missing something?? any help would be great

NETSPYMAN

Highest Point Total: 2965
Date Of Highest Points:1/26/11
Highest Rank: Colonel
Highest CC Ranking: 88
Major netspyman

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:50 pm

When I have BOB on, the site default clickable maps doesn't work. This problem has been reproduced on 3 computers now. I can temporarily deal with it by turning AUTOBOB off, but this means I still can't use both at once. I need to stop using the Clickable Maps Tool since switching between computers that have it and computers that don't causes me to mess up WAY too much. For instance: tapping the right mouse button is how you do an escalating sweep using Clickable Maps Tool; this causes extreme aggravataion to myself and my teammates when I am not on my own computer. I'm sorry if this issue was already addressed above. I read a whole page and figured I could just try to get a response on why this is and how to fix it.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby sherkaner on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:42 pm

disabling map inspect would solve that too..
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Leehar on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:17 am

sherkaner wrote:disabling map inspect would solve that too..

Yup, thats what I've been doing when on a different comp.
show
Colonel Leehar

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives