Conquer Club

Coding AJAX-compatible GM scripts

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Syzygy on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:52 pm

crzyblue wrote:
Syzygy wrote:Everything works with the new script, except for one weird problem - the map sometimes doesn't appear at all.

i posted the fix to that a page back
look for fademap=1 and change it to 0

Ah! Fixed up. Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class Syzygy

Postby RobinJ on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:24 pm

I love all you wonderful people! :D

Although I've just found out that Map Inspect doesn't work... :cry:
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby sully800 on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:20 pm

Why don't people read the last few pages in this thread before responding? Most people are just reporting problems that yeti already knows about. And many are reporting problems that can be answered by reading the thread. :?
Major sully800

Postby crzyblue on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:25 pm

Sully800 was busted being multis with lackattack
Sergeant 1st Class crzyblue

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:20 am

sully800 wrote:Why don't people read the last few pages in this thread before responding? Most people are just reporting problems that yeti already knows about. And many are reporting problems that can be answered by reading the thread. :?

Thank you.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 am

benjikat wrote:
crzyblue wrote:the redemption value keeps going up turn after turn... game is only in round 4 and says value is 25

It is currently triggering every time you attack on your turn. - I just had it jump up to 380 on a long attack run!

Yeah - this is due to my new "log processing" code - that I've not finished yet...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:22 am

CrabNebula wrote:Great job yeti_c!

Also can you rename the script file to anything other than "Conquer Club - Bob"? Because when I install it, it replaces the BOb script that I already have and I don't know where I got the current one, so its difficult to get it back.

Thanks!

No - this is to replace non ajax BOB - when it's complete the ability to disable AJAX will be turned off... thus old BOB will be obsolete.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:25 am

From other topic...
hecter wrote:It kept saying "Terminator Points Summary" in the game log... Sometimes three times before I made a move...

Another problem...

Whenever I refresh, the person who's missed a turn adds one to his missed turns... So it can only be round two, the person has missed 1 turn, but it says he's missed 7.

Please report AJAX bob problems - in the AJAX Bob thread...

I know about both of these... It's to do with the new log processing code that's not finalised.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby stringybeany on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:11 am

A couple things I didn't see in the last four pages:

-jump to map is picking the bottom left corner instead of the top left.

-some squirrelly bugs on my end were resolved by a fresh ff install(probably not needed, but it's quick and easy). I had to make it a deep clean which means cleaning out mozilla user files (found in my documents).I didn't have to screw with regedit though so that's good. I hate screwing with registry files.

otherwise, i'm using it now...well done.
Captain stringybeany

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:43 am

Ah yes - I forgot that Jump To Map didn't work correctly...

- EDIT : Fixed now -

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:45 am

OK - my next quandary is how to work out whether or not a continent is overriden...

I think the following pseudocode works...

Code: Select all
Loop through continents one by one and determine ownership (note if <required> continent may have multiple owners)

Once ownership has been determined...

Loop through continents one by one
{
  loop through all other continents to see if this continent can be overriden.
  {
    if it can - is it owned by the same owner remove bonus
  }
}

Now the problem with this is that I have to loop through the continents array N of M times... this is a slow algorithm...

I can optimise this... IF all continents that override each other are written in correct order...

i.e.

<Continent A>
  <overrides>
     Continent B
     Continent C

<Continent B>
  <overrides>
     Continent C

<Continent C>

If this is enforced - but I don't see how it could be - then I could run just one loop and the overrides will flow downwards...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:54 am

crzyblue wrote:
Syzygy wrote:Everything works with the new script, except for one weird problem - the map sometimes doesn't appear at all.

i posted the fix to that a page back
look for fademap=1 and change it to 0

That's an incorrect fix actually...

The default was previous 0 -> which is causing this problem - and I've changed the default to 1.

The comment alongside this is old and incorrect.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:09 am

i downloaded it from the thread you started below in general discussion and even though here you state the map fade thing is resolved i still have to adjust it manually. Maybe what you posted below is an earlier version.

I was only going to mention about map inspect but reading here I know you are already aware of this. to avoid double posting and so those that download it know what they are and are not getting can you please post on your general discussion thread what remains to be fixed. Then when punters like me download we know how ready it actually is.

Congrats on a great job so far.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby stringybeany on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:15 am

It's not counting pearl harbor aircraft bonus' properly, but neither did the old BOB.

If you have the whole squadron it's adding the bonus for two, plus the bonus for four, plus the bonus for all. When all you will actually receive is the bonus for all.

Still better than the old BOB which didn't count them at all.
Captain stringybeany

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:16 am

rebelman wrote:i downloaded it from the thread you started below in general discussion and even though here you state the map fade thing is resolved i still have to adjust it manually. Maybe what you posted below is an earlier version.

yeti_c wrote:
jiminski wrote:Hello mate..

i am just flicking through various maps and so on.. the map opacity seems to be set to 0% on initiation. You can of course reset this to 100% manually.

The newer version defaults it to 100% -> however it inherits the previous setting of Map Fade from old BOB!!

C.
Last edited by yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:19 am

stringybeany wrote:It's not counting pearl harbor aircraft bonus' properly, but neither did the old BOB.

If you have the whole squadron it's adding the bonus for two, plus the bonus for four, plus the bonus for all. When all you will actually receive is the bonus for all.

Still better than the old BOB which didn't count them at all.

FIXED :

c) <required> continents now calculated correctly.

TODO :

Overrides.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 am

Help !!!!

I missed my map inspection option so I reloaded the old Bob and turned off ajax again. But now all my maps have dissappeared, I only have numbers appearing. I deleted and reloaded firefox and reloaded BOB, but the problem remains - I currently have 29 games in which I am due to move so I need to sort this urgently, is it a case of once you go Yeti-BOB you can't go back if so fair enough. But no maps is alot worse than no map inspect

Edit: i have gone back to yeti-BOB and i have my maps back but can someone advise if I can revert to old BOB without this problem happening.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 am

rebelman wrote:Help !!!!

I missed my map inspection option so I reloaded the old Bob and turned off ajax again. But now all my maps have dissappeared, I only have numbers appearing. I deleted and reloaded firefox and reloaded BOB, but the problem remains - I currently have 29 games in which I am due to move so I need to sort this urgently, is it a case of once you go Yeti-BOB you can't go back if so fair enough. But no maps is alot worse than no map inspect

Edit: i have gone back to yeti-BOB and i have my maps back but can someone advise if I can revert to old BOB without this problem happening.

The problem - again - is the map fade -> map opacity change...

Old BOB defaults map ON -> which equals MAP OFF in new BOB... so once you've gone to MAP ON in new BOB -> this changes the settings to MAP OFF in old BOB...

Simply change the fade level on the left hand menu for each map and your map will reappear.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:11 am

yeti_c wrote:OK - my next quandary is how to work out whether or not a continent is overriden...

I think the following pseudocode works...

Loop through continents one by one and determine ownership (note if <required> continent may have multiple owners)

Once ownership has been determined...

Loop through continents one by one
{
  loop through all other continents to see if this continent can be overriden.
  {
    if it can - is it owned by the same owner remove bonus
  }
}

Now the problem with this is that I have to loop through the continents array N of M times... this is a slow algorithm...

I can optimise this... IF all continents that override each other are written in correct order...

i.e.

<Continent A>
  <overrides>
     Continent B
     Continent C

<Continent B>
  <overrides>
     Continent C

<Continent C>

If this is enforced - but I don't see how it could be - then I could run just one loop and the overrides will flow downwards...

C.

I'm reposting this to ensure someone reads it...
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:23 am

yeti_c wrote:
rebelman wrote:Help !!!!

The problem - again - is the map fade -> map opacity change...

Old BOB defaults map ON -> which equals MAP OFF in new BOB... so once you've gone to MAP ON in new BOB -> this changes the settings to MAP OFF in old BOB...

Simply change the fade level on the left hand menu for each map and your map will reappear.

C.

actually that doesn't work. somehow switching back to the original BOB makes the maps faded at 100%. i tried puting them to 0% but when i click the map fade button it simply goes up. i'm now at 1180% fade and it keeps going.
so once you install yetiBOB you can't go back to simple BOB.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby rebelman on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:37 am

DiM wrote:
actually that doesn't work. somehow switching back to the original BOB makes the maps faded at 100%. i tried puting them to 0% but when i click the map fade button it simply goes up. i'm now at 1180% fade and it keeps going.

Myself and DiM are in agreement on this one (for a change) my fade also keeps going up every time I press it anyway, i now have yetibob up and running and its looking like i have to wave wave bye bye to old bob.

despite the great work Yeti has done, the one feature on BOB that I actually used was map inspect, can you please prioritise the fix for this as I really, really, really miss it. especially in maps I don't play regularly. [-o< [-o<
Private rebelman

Postby DiM on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:49 am

rebelman wrote:
DiM wrote:

Myself and DiM are in agreement on this one (for a change) my fade also keeps going up every time I press it anyway, i now have yetibob up and running and its looking like i have to wave wave bye bye to old bob.

despite the great work Yeti has done, the one feature on BOB that I actually used was map inspect, can you please prioritise the fix for this as I really, really, really miss it. especially in maps I don't play regularly. [-o< [-o<

found a solution to this matter.

get yetiBOB and go to all the maps and switch to 10% fade.
then get old BOB and turn off ajax. everything will be fine. don't press the fade button or it will go up again. just leave it at 10% it will be a bit faded but you'll have map inspect.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:26 am

DiM wrote:
rebelman wrote:
DiM wrote:

found a solution to this matter.

get yetiBOB and go to all the maps and switch to 10% fade.
then get old BOB and turn off ajax. everything will be fine. don't press the fade button or it will go up again. just leave it at 10% it will be a bit faded but you'll have map inspect.

Ah yes - there is a boundary limit break on the Fade stuff that I coded better in my BOB - i.e. if you're over the boundary and you click it will return... but in old BOB if you somehow managed to get beyond the boundary - you could keep on going!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 am

OK - I've just uploaded the latest version...

FIXED :

a) Override continents are now no longer included in your bonus calculations and the Text map.

TODO :

Map Inspect.
Bombardments
Confirm Buttons are a bit screwy!! <- I know why now too!!
Log problems.
a) Redemption increasing.
b) Missed turns increasing.
c) Terminator Summary repeated

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby stringybeany on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 am

switching back and forth between new and old bob is a bad idea. That's where you have to get in your user data files and delete them or they'll collide. You can't just uninstall the script and install the other one.
Captain stringybeany

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives