Conquer Club

GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - v 1.6.4

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - v 1.6.3

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 am

Foxglove wrote:Ok, everyone - the latest update seems to be working as designed for the majority of users, so I updated the version check so people will be prompted to update to the newest version.

I am aware that for a few people the chatsniffer seems hopelessly broken - I think this is some weird browser/environment issue. I'm working on figuring it out. Sorry for the hassle!

FYI, worked with Foxy and by putting chatglove at the top of my script list (and a new update) it works great now!
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - v 1.6.4

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Not sure if this can be fixed or not.. but if I have a tab open with one game in it, and then I go to another game with unread chat in a different tab, when I refresh my games page it says new chat on the game that I already read the chat in.

Also, on some team games it will randomly say new chat, when nothing is said.. Maybe the other team is chatting? IDK lol
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Dako on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:48 am

No, it indicates only new messages when you can see them.

Also, try to update new version. Another thing is, scritps are being processed in the order they are in monkey menu. So maybe your chatglove is at the bottom and it need some time (like 5 secs) to process the log and you close the tab before that.
Colonel Dako

Postby Foxglove on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Not sure if this can be fixed or not.. but if I have a tab open with one game in it, and then I go to another game with unread chat in a different tab, when I refresh my games page it says new chat on the game that I already read the chat in.

Actually... this is a bug. But like you mentioned, it only affects people who have games open in multiple tabs. It's complicated, and I knew about it but kind of didn't spend the time to fix yet. I will do so though. :)

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Also, on some team games it will randomly say new chat, when nothing is said.. Maybe the other team is chatting? IDK lol

I'm sure you're totally imagining this. :P

Errr... so I'll look into it, though I'm not sure why this one would be happening.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Calidrmr on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Foxglove wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:Also, on some team games it will randomly say new chat, when nothing is said.. Maybe the other team is chatting? IDK lol

Errr... so I'll look into it, though I'm not sure why this one would be happening.

lol...maybe i am too ;)

but I do get that on all my games upon initialization of the game too (not just teams games)

and just wondering, not sure how hard it would be or anything, but any way to make the "Game Chat" button jump to the game or games only that have the new chat? Or is mine broken? when I click on "Game Chat" it just takes me to all my games, and I have to scroll through them to find the new chat indicator.

But...I absolutely love this script!!!!! Thanks for all you do!! :D
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Corporal 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby Dako on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:42 am

Calidrmr wrote:
Foxglove wrote:

lol...maybe i am too ;)

but I do get that on all my games upon initialization of the game too (not just teams games)

and just wondering, not sure how hard it would be or anything, but any way to make the "Game Chat" button jump to the game or games only that have the new chat? Or is mine broken? when I click on "Game Chat" it just takes me to all my games, and I have to scroll through them to find the new chat indicator.

Game chat doesn't bring you to the next unread game. A pity thou.
Colonel Dako

Postby Calidrmr on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:32 am

Dako wrote:
Calidrmr wrote:
Foxglove wrote:

lol...maybe i am too ;)

Game chat doesn't bring you to the next unread game. A pity thou.

well...at least mine's not broken...lol ;)
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Corporal 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby Nicky15 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Calidrmr wrote:
Foxglove wrote:

lol...maybe i am too ;)

I am having the same problems too. It seems to be limited to 5 games. They randomly say new chat has been added when none has. These games are all old ones mind you, I had them when chat glove went crazy a while back :). I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I agree with Cali though the script is great, thanks for sharing it with us. :D
Major Nicky15

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:53 am

Calidrmr wrote:but I do get that on all my games upon initialization of the game too (not just teams games)

Same with me. I assume that is because we never read the chatbox yet, even though it is empty. I like how it does this though, lets me know when a new game has began lol

Foxglove wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:Not sure if this can be fixed or not.. but if I have a tab open with one game in it, and then I go to another game with unread chat in a different tab, when I refresh my games page it says new chat on the game that I already read the chat in.

Actually... this is a bug. But like you mentioned, it only affects people who have games open in multiple tabs. It's complicated, and I knew about it but kind of didn't spend the time to fix yet. I will do so though. :)

'

Thank you!

Your script is awesome BTW.. I tell everyone about it :)

Postby Foxglove on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Hey guys, thanks for appreciating the awesomeness of my script. :D

As far as the less awesome parts of it go: I'm still working on figuring out why some existing games would display new chat when there is in fact no new chat to be read. It's a pickle!

As some have noted - when a new game is started, it is automatically marked as having new chat. This is partially by design, and I don't really want to change it. :)

And also as you guys have noted - clicking on the Game Chat menu item just takes you to your my games page, and not to the first game with unread chat in it. This is also functioning as intended. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Dako on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:46 am

I doubt those 2 "design" intentions are correct thou.
Colonel Dako

Postby Foxglove on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:06 am

Dako wrote:I doubt those 2 "design" intentions are correct thou.

How are they incorrect?
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:11 am

Foxglove wrote:

How are they incorrect?

He said correct.... BTW it would be really nice if new games did not have new chat on them until someone spoke. For people who play a bunch of games... it is a royal pain in the ass to have check each one.

I am also getting the random "new chat" on my names.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Dako on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:36 am

Foxglove wrote:

How are they incorrect?

I think you should not get a "new chat" when the game has 0 chat lines - ie the game has just started.
Also, it would be useful if the "xx new chat" would lead to a game (by direct link or just scroll it on the my games page) with a new chat.

That is what I meant.
Colonel Dako

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Foxglove wrote:As some have noted - when a new game is started, it is automatically marked as having new chat.quote]
I like this.. tho I can see how it could be annoying to those players that have 30+ games waiting at all times.. games always starting and they always have to read the chat. I like it tho, lets me know when my game count has increased.

Dako wrote:I think you should not get a "new chat" when the game has 0 chat lines - ie the game has just started.
Also, it would be useful if the "xx new chat" would lead to a game (by direct link or just scroll it on the my games page) with a new chat.

That is what I meant.

I agree, clicking that button in order to bring you directly to the game with the "new chat" would be awesome

Postby DueceB on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:59 am

Very helpful haha
Cook DueceB

Postby wisemanpsemc on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:21 am

Foxy, the game chat is lighting up again when there is no new chat. Kind of like the bug when it was broke the last time. It is not just from games that were active at that time. I have some newer games doing it as well.

I do love the script though. Keep up the great work.
Major wisemanpsemc

Postby nikola_milicki on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 am

its lighted up in every game since I can remember, completely useless this way..
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Foxglove on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:49 am

wisemanpsemc wrote:Foxy, the game chat is lighting up again when there is no new chat. Kind of like the bug when it was broke the last time. It is not just from games that were active at that time. I have some newer games doing it as well.

Question for you (and others who are having erroneous chat notifications): do you have CC games open in multiple firefox tabs?
nikola_milicki wrote:its lighted up in every game since I can remember, completely useless this way..

That does seem useless! I think you might be the only one I know of though for who it's constantly broken. Do you have Dako's Chat Filter script installed? I know that one causes some issues with chatglove. Do you have the latest version? Let me know the answers to these questions and I will help you get it figured out!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby nikola_milicki on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Yes, could that be the problem?!? O.M.G... all these months.. Damn u Dakooooo!!!!

yup, got latest version
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Foxglove on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm

nikola_milicki wrote:Yes, could that be the problem?!? O.M.G... all these months.. Damn u Dakooooo!!!!

Ok - first step is to test if other scripts are interfering. So: try and disable everything else *except* for chatglove. And then see how it goes. If you need someone to post random chat in your games to trigger it, lemme know. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby nikola_milicki on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Foxglove wrote:
nikola_milicki wrote:Yes, could that be the problem?!? O.M.G... all these months.. Damn u Dakooooo!!!!

Ok - first step is to test if other scripts are interfering. So: try and disable everything else *except* for chatglove. And then see how it goes. If you need someone to post random chat in your games to trigger it, lemme know. :)

it was that cursed script Dako made..

Da' bog da ti se pička zgadila Dako!!!!

(this is the worst curse u can throw on a guy in Croatia) :lol:
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Nicky15 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Question for you (and others who are having erroneous chat notifications): do you have CC games open in multiple firefox tabs?
nikola_milicki wrote:its lighted up in every game since I can remember, completely useless this way..

Nope :),

i have noticed a common link though. All the games it happens in, are either pre chatglove crash, or beta games.

I don't have the chat filter.
Major Nicky15

Postby wisemanpsemc on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Foxglove wrote:
wisemanpsemc wrote:Foxy, the game chat is lighting up again when there is no new chat. Kind of like the bug when it was broke the last time. It is not just from games that were active at that time. I have some newer games doing it as well.

Sorry for the delayed response. No, I know that causes some errors but I double check in those instances. I would have to agree with Nicky though that it seems to only be on beta maps.
Major wisemanpsemc

Postby wisemanpsemc on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 pm

wisemanpsemc wrote:
Foxglove wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response. No, I know that causes some errors but I double check in those instances. I would have to agree with Nicky though that it seems to only be on beta maps.

Turns out this is not true either. It is only happening in team games. Maybe it is picking up that the other team is chatting?
Major wisemanpsemc

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives