Conquer Club

changes in Game Finder?

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

changes in Game Finder?

Postby PepeAtila on Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Lately has been changed "Game Finder" ...
The "Tournament" box it is not clickable now and it is not possible to choose the tournament. WHY it was changed?

Now I cannot find so easily the games in my tournaments or they can appear mixed with games from other tournaments (except if I type the full name of the tournament)
Captain PepeAtila

Re: changes in Game Finder?

Postby Qwert on Wed May 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Because people,like me,who give constructive ideas in sugestrion topic are ignored, and instead to use quite simple and good ideas,then want to create more complicated for use.

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=128086
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Masli on Wed May 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Colonel Masli

Postby Qwert on Wed May 25, 2011 2:45 pm

masli,do you realy dont see diferent ,bettwen game finder and these link what you present?
These tournament box,will not show you any tournament game>
Now you act like robot, sending same messages,instead to realised,that former problem in game finder,its now double trouble.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PepeAtila on Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm

qwert wrote:Because people,like me,who give constructive ideas in sugestrion topic are ignored, and instead to use quite simple and good ideas,then want to create more complicated for use.

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=128086

Thank you. I post there .

Masli wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=tournaments2

Thank it is a little bit better, looking for organizer ...
But if they can make something allowing me to access to my tournaments (same box "start a game" selecting "tournament") ... finding one of my tournaments or the old system is better.
Captain PepeAtila

Postby benga on Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

WTF why did you do this!!!

Common!!!

This is going to bring pain to TOs and clan leaders!!!
Sergeant benga

Postby jigger1986 on Wed May 25, 2011 4:33 pm

This change is ridiculous. I generally dont complain about things on this site because I think for the most part its designed for the ease of the players, however this change makes quit searching games and using tournament stats much more complicated and annoying.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby keiths31 on Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm

benga wrote:WTF why did you do this!!!

Common!!!

+1
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby Serbia on Wed May 25, 2011 6:39 pm

An awful "update". Having it how it was is worlds better than what we have now. You've not done us any favors.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby jigger1986 on Wed May 25, 2011 7:05 pm

keiths31 wrote:

Common!!!

+1

+2
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby tokle on Wed May 25, 2011 7:38 pm

jigger1986 wrote:
keiths31 wrote:

Common!!!

+1

+2

+3
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby jpcloet on Wed May 25, 2011 8:01 pm

+0

Can someone give me an example of where people are having troubles. I may be able to show you how to get the games you are looking for, you just have to be clever with the search, plus if your browser remembers things, you can click once and see the list going forward.

eg. if I want the current clan league, I can use

clan%league%3
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby sonicsteve on Thu May 26, 2011 1:45 am

tokle wrote:
jigger1986 wrote:
keiths31 wrote:

Common!!!

+1

+2

+3

+4

Benga is spot on.

This change is truly, truly awful. The previous version where you could just type the first few characters was so easy. I've tried following this through and it's terrible, simply terrible. Please listen to us and change it back now.
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby SirSebstar on Thu May 26, 2011 3:40 am

+5.
although i need some more practive this basicly is not the change i was waiting for... I'll reserve my judgement till the end of the week to give me time to get used to it, but for now.. +5.. dont appreciate this piece. I will see though, it might work, but only if i know what TO's name it was..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Qwert on Thu May 26, 2011 8:53 am

by jpcloet on Thu May 26, 2011 3:01 am

+0

Can someone give me an example of where people are having troubles. I may be able to show you how to get the games you are looking for, you just have to be clever with the search, plus if your browser remembers things, you can click once and see the list going forward.

clan%league%3

Now for every tournament,clan, we need to write?
I had great sugestion, to add two button,when every TO,Clan organiser, and every tournament player,or regular player,can arange,like he want to press "ACTIVE" if he only want to see only active tournaments,or clans, or press "FINISHED" if want to see all tournament list(combined active and finished).
I try what you say "qwert&nba", and do you know what whas result-5000 game list?! totaly pointless. If im want to find waiting players for Highlander tournament, i need to be carefull,and to write exactly name of tournament,to avoide to get some insane number of games,who are mix of several tournament.
Also CLan Chalenge, if i write partial name of clan-THOTA, then i can get all games of thota, from all clan chalenges,combined with clan league and Conquer Cup.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PepeAtila on Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 am

jpcloet wrote:+0

clan%league%3

The main question is why did you change something that was working properly? where is the improvement?. Of course we can find the games but not so easy as before.
I was watching the games in my tournaments just selecting each tournament in the dropdown directly ... of course now I can go to "find tournament", then I can write my name in organizer and choose "active tournaments", then click the tournament and then I see the games. And for the next tournament the same.
I am just asking WHY did you change.
Captain PepeAtila

Postby PepeAtila on Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 am

Common!!!

+8
Captain PepeAtila

Postby sherkaner on Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 am

It wasn't working properly, it was the slowest page on the site because of all the tournament names being loaded, which is just annoying (and usually unnecessary, since most ppl use it for other things). And finding tournaments slowly got worse too, with more and more tournaments starting with the same letters.

So as long as the server is fast enough and you have a good connection, it doesn't look like much of a problem. But I think changing it is a good move.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby PepeAtila on Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 am

sherkaner wrote:It wasn't working properly, it was the slowest page on the site because of all the tournament names being loaded, which is just annoying (and usually unnecessary, since most ppl use it for other things). And finding tournaments slowly got worse too, with more and more tournaments starting with the same letters.

So as long as the server is fast enough and you have a good connection, it doesn't look like much of a problem. But I think changing it is a good move.

Then change it just with the active tournament or/and include a combobox (instead the dropdown) where once you write a letter can choose the tournament ... or just change the dropdown to the "tournament finder" to test if people use it or not. Perhaps normal people don't use it, but TO and Clan's leader DO...

PS: In my computer the live chat is very slow ... should you eliminated?? ... For me is not the slowest page on the site. When I connect by mobile there are slower pages... just a forum for example while is loadind all the medals and images...
Captain PepeAtila

Postby keiths31 on Thu May 26, 2011 11:59 am

sherkaner wrote:It wasn't working properly, it was the slowest page on the site because of all the tournament names being loaded, which is just annoying (and usually unnecessary, since most ppl use it for other things). And finding tournaments slowly got worse too, with more and more tournaments starting with the same letters.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful jackass, because there are many great tools for TO's on this site that make running tournaments easier than when I first started, but...I noticed you have never run a tournament. The TO's are telling you that in it's new form it makes things harder. Take the feedback. Feedback isn't always positive, but it doesn't make it any less valuable.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby sherkaner on Thu May 26, 2011 12:16 pm

keiths31 wrote:I don't want to sound like an ungrateful jackass, because there are many great tools for TO's on this site that make running tournaments easier than when I first started, but...I noticed you have never run a tournament. The TO's are telling you that in it's new form it makes things harder. Take the feedback. Feedback isn't always positive, but it doesn't make it any less valuable.

Yeah, I know. But Lack is basically the only one who can make changes to the website, so feedback shouldn't be directed at me. I was just pointing at what the problem was.

And I was already giving feedback myself in the thread in the general forum about this.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu May 26, 2011 6:02 pm

jpcloet wrote:+0

clan%league%3

I used to be able to scroll down and choose the tourney I wanted--bring up the games and continuously invite people over and over--this was relatively fast

Now when I look the tourney up and it gives you the option to find games--I invite a player and the next page that comes up is find games (it does not stay with the tourneys but goes to the page as if you were trying to join any game)

So I am guessing you cannot follow that path but actually have to type in the tourney you are running to accomplish the relatively easy inviting process.

The new process takes so much longer.

Why could we not just have the drop down box like we used to and maybe add the option of waiting for, active, complete as part of the check off process?
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu May 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Thought I found a work around--instead after I invited the second player it reverted back to the game finder page where I had written don't blink and checked off waiting for players--it posted this in green:

A game invitation has been sent to rmjw10 for game 9093697.

and changed my search to this :

don\\\\\\\'t blink

instead of going back to the games so I could keep inviting players

Postby Qwert on Thu May 26, 2011 6:16 pm

But Lack is basically the only one who can make changes to the website, so feedback shouldn't be directed at me. I was just pointing at what the problem was.

Yea,but problem its that,its hard to have any contact with lack,because hes closed for get mesages.
For any kind of discusion,you need to have two side, not one side who only read what you write,and then do things totaly opposite. Im just try to improve things , so that be much easier for, not just me, but for all TO. I have feel that these "improvment" create people who dont even create any Tournaments, because they realy dont realised, what should be improvment for TO.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu May 26, 2011 6:36 pm

PepeAtila wrote:

Then change it just with the active tournament or/and include a combobox (instead the dropdown) where once you write a letter can choose the tournament ... or just change the dropdown to the "tournament finder" to test if people use it or not. Perhaps normal people don't use it, but TO and Clan's leader DO...

PS: In my computer the live chat is very slow ... should you eliminated?? ... For me is not the slowest page on the site. When I connect by mobile there are slower pages... just a forum for example while is loadind all the medals and images...

If I understand this properly it was done due to the page loading slowly because of the tourneys. I never experienced this myself but I am sure you have data that backs this up. Is a possible solution--adding a game finder link/page for just tourneys?

I am really experiencing a lot of added time getting my games out today and I really am starting to get frustrated with the new system. I will keep trying to find something that makes things faster with it, but the older way was ten times faster.

Just letting the powers in charge know the issues

Next

Return to Tool Archives