Conquer Club

BOB version 1.2 [was CC Greasemonkey script - unofficial]

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What should the name of this script be?

Poll ended at Fri May 18, 2007 5:51 am

Bob
28%
TSAR
18%
TSAR BOMBA
15%
B.O.M.B.
13%
Trojan
3%
Trojan Horse
23%

Total votes : 39

Postby stocksr on Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:23 am

And now version .7 is out
this version uses the new style card count in the stats table and removes the one in brackets from the player list.

I have also merged the changes made by tahitiwahini see http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16979&highlight=

This version will REMEMBER your options from the previous version so you will not have to reset things, but remember to check out the new options.

For those who play team games I have added the highlight map on hover to the team headings in the player list.

I have also merged Ishiro's confirm attacks script at his request (see above)

You can grab this version from this link.
http://robertstocks.co.uk/conquerClub/conquerclub-rjs.7.user.js
Code: Select all
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// New features in Version RJS.7
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  * Add Team Roll-over
//  * Remove Card Count from player list
//  * add site style card count to stats table
//  * move missed turns to it's own column
//  * Bug fix - map inspect, the status bar was not hiding if the option was turned off
//  * Tweak the options order to move the options that are changed more often to the top.
//  * Merge Ishiro's confirm attacks script, and add options to control it.
//  * Merge TAHITIWAHINI's estimate of armies from cards (with option to hide it) - I put it in it's own column
r.
Corporal stocksr

Postby stocksr on Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:24 am

yeti_c wrote:Stocksr - just thought of another addition...

When you have Cards sometimes you might want to attack that territory so that when you trade you get the bonus...

Finding said territory can be hard (esp in Tamriel (or made up maps)) If you roll over the card name could it be highlighted on the map?

C.

Good idea I have added this to my todo list.
r.
Corporal stocksr

Postby yeti_c on Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:53 am

stocksr wrote:

When you have Cards sometimes you might want to attack that territory so that when you trade you get the bonus...

Finding said territory can be hard (esp in Tamriel (or made up maps)) If you roll over the card name could it be highlighted on the map?

C.

Nice one... I assume this should be fairly easy due to your existing highlight code... should be a case of adding the rollover and showing the correct territory... Thinking about it I should've just looked and worked out how to do it to help you!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby stocksr on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:05 am

yeti_c wrote:
stocksr wrote:

C.

Nice one... I assume this should be fairly easy due to your existing highlight code... should be a case of adding the rollover and showing the correct territory... Thinking about it I should've just looked and worked out how to do it to help you!!

C.

I have just looked and yes it is very easy to do, I just don't want to do two releases with in an hour of each other, I have the .8 release started and that is the first feature to go in.

Any other requests?
r.
Corporal stocksr

Postby yeti_c on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:19 am

stocksr wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
stocksr wrote:

C.

C.

I have just looked and yes it is very easy to do, I just don't want to do two releases with in an hour of each other, I have the .8 release started and that is the first feature to go in.

Any other requests?

Christ... I had a look at the script... it's huge!!

I think I found roughly the right area but without debugging it thoroughly and working what the hell is going on I'm not in a position to attempt to edit it!!!

Other additions?

Still quite like the "you are about to deploy/attack/fortify a team mate" confirm box idea but not sure how hard that is for you?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby stocksr on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:42 am

yeti_c wrote:
stocksr wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
stocksr wrote:

C.

C.

Any other requests?

Christ... I had a look at the script... it's huge!!

I think I found roughly the right area but without debugging it thoroughly and working what the hell is going on I'm not in a position to attempt to edit it!!!

C.

this is in the next release but for those not afraid to edit add this

// Add Rollovers to cards
    var allC = getElementsByClassName(document.getElementById('dashboard'), "span","card");
    for( i in allC ) {
        var title = allC[i].innerHTML;
        var c = countriesArray[title];

allC[i].addEventListener('mouseover', makeHandlerName(c.textMap()) , true);

allC[i].addEventListener('mouseover', makeHandler(title.makeID()) , true);
        allC[i].addEventListener('mouseout', onMouseOutF , true);
        }

just before this line
    // Add Rollovers to playernames

Other additions?
yeti_c wrote:Still quite like the "you are about to deploy/attack/fortify a team mate" confirm box idea but not sure how hard that is for you?

Ok noted but this will take me some time to think about, as I will need to play some more rounds in a team game to see if that is possible.
r.
Corporal stocksr

Postby lackattack on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:59 am

Great work stocksr, I'm *very* impressed!

I added this script to the sticky topic.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby tahitiwahini on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:07 pm

The new version of the script is awesome, but then so were all the previous versions.

I like the Armies Expected from Cards as a separate column, good call on that one.

Nice work again.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini
Private 1st Class tahitiwahini

Postby weirdbro on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:05 pm

I know Greasemonkey makes it easier to work with, but if you made it a Firefox extension, it could be automatically updated so that you could release 2 times an hour and it wouldn't annoy people.

Also, in a more practical request, is there any chance you could have an option of instead of the text map, just a list of continents and their countries? As a colorblind person, some maps are just impossible to tell which countries are in which continent.
Sergeant weirdbro

Postby tahitiwahini on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:21 pm

weirdbro wrote:I know Greasemonkey makes it easier to work with, but if you made it a Firefox extension, it could be automatically updated so that you could release 2 times an hour and it wouldn't annoy people.

Also, in a more practical request, is there any chance you could have an option of instead of the text map, just a list of continents and their countries? As a colorblind person, some maps are just impossible to tell which countries are in which continent.

It's not convenient, but as an interim measure you could consult the xml for the map you're playing. Look for continent and then components below that. The components of the continent are of course the territories contained within the continent.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Postby weirdbro on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Well, if I wanted inconvenient, I could look at the text map, which does provide that. Unfortunately, its way too large and cluttered to be very useful.
Sergeant weirdbro

Postby AAFitz on Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:05 pm

wow...awesome features...wheres the one that suggests my next move?
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Incandenza on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:25 am

AAFitz wrote:wow...awesome features...wheres the one that suggests my next move?

I'm with fitz. I think the next update needs a 'PM blitzaholic for advice' button. :lol:
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby yeti_c on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:12 am

Incandenza wrote:
AAFitz wrote:wow...awesome features...wheres the one that suggests my next move?

I'm with fitz. I think the next update needs a 'PM blitzaholic for advice' button. :lol:

Or PM Qeee1 if it's a singles game...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Incandenza on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:22 am

yeti_c wrote:
Incandenza wrote:

Or PM Qeee1 if it's a singles game...

C.

I think qeee1's in the process of retiring... so I guess it's robinette or mm17 or cyberdaniel... or maybe a player should have the chance to solicit each opinion and determine the best of the three. That would kick ass. :D
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby stocksr on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:22 am

weirdbro wrote:Also, in a more practical request, is there any chance you could have an option of instead of the text map, just a list of continents and their countries? As a colorblind person, some maps are just impossible to tell which countries are in which continent.

This is in the next (.8) release, currently undergoing development/testing.
r.
Corporal stocksr

Postby weirdbro on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:09 pm

Since this script rocks, I'm gonna be a pest and request another feature:

When you click on the name of a country anywhere, in the card list, text map, log, etc., it could jump to the map, and flash the highlight for a bit to show where the country is.
Sergeant weirdbro

Postby yeti_c on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:27 am

Rob,

In the game log - when you have 2 bonuses that are the same string... i.e. "Kings" in King of the Mountains... then the bonus is added together and written out once...

Is it possible to do this for your script?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby mibi on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:33 am

weirdbro wrote:Since this script rocks, I'm gonna be a pest and request another feature:

When you click on the name of a country anywhere, in the card list, text map, log, etc., it could jump to the map, and flash the highlight for a bit to show where the country is.

seconded... nothing worse than searching a foreign map for some obscure country name.
Captain mibi

Postby tahitiwahini on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:59 am

yeti_c wrote:Rob,

In the game log - when you have 2 bonuses that are the same string... i.e. "Kings" in King of the Mountains... then the bonus is added together and written out once...

C.

I see what yeti is talking about. Check out this game:
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=376731

The continent bonuses are a little difficult to understand, and some of them are negative. This may be due to the complexity of the bonus system in King of the Mountains and given the xml there may be nothing the script developer can do.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Postby weirdbro on Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:05 pm

There's a glitch where, if the Fade is equal to 0, it will not change the opacity till you refresh, This can be changed by removing an if statement around line 143 in version .7
Sergeant weirdbro

Postby yeti_c on Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:47 am

Surely if you have a fade of 0% the opacity should not be changed over the original anyway?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby stocksr on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:03 am

weirdbro wrote:There's a glitch where, if the Fade is equal to 0, it will not change the opacity till you refresh, This can be changed by removing an if statement around line 143 in version .7

Thanks for spotting that, the if statment was there long before the option to dynamicly change the fade.

Your fix will be in the .8 release.

For those interested in reproducing, if the fade is 0 when the page loads then the menu option was ignored till there was a manual reload.
r.
Corporal stocksr

Postby yeti_c on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:07 am

stocksr wrote:
weirdbro wrote:There's a glitch where, if the Fade is equal to 0, it will not change the opacity till you refresh, This can be changed by removing an if statement around line 143 in version .7

Thanks for spotting that, the if statment was there long before the option to dynamicly change the fade.

Your fix will be in the .8 release.

For those interested in reproducing, if the fade is 0 when the page loads then the menu option was ignored till there was a manual reload.

Ah yes I understand (& have reproduced it) now... good spot Weirdbro.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby stocksr on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:10 am

tahitiwahini wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Rob,

C.

I see what yeti is talking about. Check out this game:
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=376731

The continent bonuses are a little difficult to understand, and some of them are negative. This may be due to the complexity of the bonus system in King of the Mountains and given the xml there may be nothing the script developer can do.

If you had any idea the amount of problems that map caused me you would be impresed that the script works at all on it.

However I have added this request to my todo list, I will have a look and see what I can come up with.
r.
Corporal stocksr

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives