Conquer Club

BOB comments (old thread)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.1.5

Postby Leehar on Thu May 19, 2011 5:12 am

haoala wrote:I love the snapshot to chat features. Very useful in team games. However, recently I tried snapshotting game 9082188, but a message box appears: "Too much information.. Sorry, can't take snapshot"

Is this because the map is too big? (First Nations Americas) Not sure why there's such a problem because earlier in the round my teammate was able to post his snapshot to chat and I was able to view it.

I'm using google chrome for mac.

The reason I suspect you could view it earlier and can no longer post one now is perhaps because you now have a greater number of terr/regions visible which increases the amount of data bob needs to store and which is why it can't fit in a line
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby dacey on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:50 am

Can we please make it so clickable maps and map inspect work at the same time (without having to find the exact right spot to hover over)...I really like clickable maps but I need the map inspect because I can't see the colors very well...
Sergeant 1st Class dacey

Postby 40kguy on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:50 am

how do i turn off this hide menu thing!
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 am

40kguy wrote:how do i turn off this hide menu thing!

its somewhere in the thread. i believe you have to go to your wall, then select the setting on the side again, as going to the wall unhides the menu or something. just turn it off then
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby ElricTheGreat on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:23 pm

I end up going to my own wall .. post a msg on my wall ... then because there is a Wall Update .. the menu will reappear and let you click on the options to change the Hide Menu choice.

The other option that I have started using is setting it to ON .. this works rather well and lets you access the menu whenever you need it without having to keep posting something on your wall to access it
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Frop on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:33 am

Or you could just move your mouse to the left side of your screen and the menu will pop up again (there's also this incredibly useful link called "Help/Info" there which tells you exactly the same).

Auto hide the left hand column - containing the Game, Interaction, Personal and BOB Menus - when the mouse pointer is elsewhere in the Firefox window. Menus can be viewed by moving the mouse pointer to the left edge of the window.
Captain Frop

Postby Leehar on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:25 am

yes, but as I think was mentioned earlier, the increase or decrease in the width for the side-panel somewhat messed up the hide menu so that it pops up when you move to the side, but hides before you can select an option
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Frop on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:10 am

Leehar wrote:yes, but as I think was mentioned earlier, the increase or decrease in the width for the side-panel somewhat messed up the hide menu so that it pops up when you move to the side, but hides before you can select an option

It would be interesting to know under which specific circumstances this bug occurs, because I haven't suffered it since the feature was first implemented.
Captain Frop

Postby Leehar on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:20 am

Frop wrote:
Leehar wrote:yes, but as I think was mentioned earlier, the increase or decrease in the width for the side-panel somewhat messed up the hide menu so that it pops up when you move to the side, but hides before you can select an option

It would be interesting to know under which specific circumstances this bug occurs, because I haven't suffered it since the feature was first implemented.

I had it but was able to work around it because I had only clicked it once accidentally to set it to game, and could therefore change it from elsewhere on the site. Not really interested in trying to test it out again tho
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby brkryk17 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 pm

For some reason, my BOB disappeared today as did Greasemonkey. I reinstalled GM, and when I click the install BOB link, it takes me to large page with actual text. The directions say to go to tools and select add new user script, but that isn't an option. Any suggestions?
Major brkryk17

Postby ender516 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 pm

brkryk17 wrote:For some reason, my BOB disappeared today as did Greasemonkey. I reinstalled GM, and when I click the install BOB link, it takes me to large page with actual text. The directions say to go to tools and select add new user script, but that isn't an option. Any suggestions?

Make sure Greasemonkey is enabled, not just installed. The monkey icon should be smiling and fully coloured, not frowning and faded.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Frop on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:44 am

Ender's right, always keep your monkey happy.
Captain Frop

Postby jj3044 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:16 pm

All of a sudden my snaps in chat are not working (the link is still there, but when I click on it the map doesn't change). Also, the bar on the top of the map that allows you to take a snap in chat is gone.

This happening to anyone else?

Thanks!
Colonel jj3044

Postby jj3044 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 pm

jj3044 wrote:All of a sudden my snaps in chat are not working (the link is still there, but when I click on it the map doesn't change). Also, the bar on the top of the map that allows you to take a snap in chat is gone.

This happening to anyone else?

Thanks!

Reloaded and it worked... im just disappointed that I lost my non-chat snaps on large maps.
Colonel jj3044

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Just curious...does BOB disable the CC clickies? I just installed maprank, BOB, and speed turns and now my clickes aren't working. Any thoughts?
Major tkr4lf

Postby ender516 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 pm

I think the Map Inspect feature of BOB and the CC clickies conflict. I don't know if turning off Map Inspect (under BOB Menu View Options) is enough to straighten this out.

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:38 pm

ender516 wrote:I think the Map Inspect feature of BOB and the CC clickies conflict. I don't know if turning off Map Inspect (under BOB Menu View Options) is enough to straighten this out.

Thanks. And no, turning the map inspect off isn't enough. I guess I will have to install and learn a new clicky system.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Frop on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Would BOB also be able to generate accurate Statistics for a snapshot? I'd love to at least see the army count in there.
Captain Frop

Postby General Brewsie on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:19 am

Leehar wrote:
Frop wrote:

I had it but was able to work around it because I had only clicked it once accidentally to set it to game, and could therefore change it from elsewhere on the site. Not really interested in trying to test it out again tho

Was there ever a final solution to this issue? I don't see any and now I've got the same problem that I think Heehar had. I clicked on "Hide BOB" to see what that did and - surprise! - it hid BOB. That was interesting, but I enjoy looking at BOB for ideas while I'm playing and I am unable to restore the entire left column. Whenever I move the cursor out of the left edge of the screen, even slightly into the left column, the whole column disappears and I am therefore unable to 2unhide" BOB. What should I do to return my screen to the unhidden state??
Lieutenant General Brewsie

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:16 am

try this
ElricTheGreat wrote:

I end up going to my own wall .. post a msg on my wall ... then because there is a Wall Update .. the menu will reappear and let you click on the options to change the Hide Menu choice.

The other option that I have started using is setting it to ON .. this works rather well and lets you access the menu whenever you need it without having to keep posting something on your wall to access it
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby zimmah on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 pm

one one computer, this script works fine on google chrome, on my own computer, somehow when i try to instal it, it sais invaled script header and it refuses to instal the script.

i can instal version 1.0, but that doesn't work at all.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:22 pm

tkr4lf wrote:
ender516 wrote:I think the Map Inspect feature of BOB and the CC clickies conflict. I don't know if turning off Map Inspect (under BOB Menu View Options) is enough to straighten this out.

Thanks. And no, turning the map inspect off isn't enough. I guess I will have to install and learn a new clicky system.

in fact turning of map inspect does solve the problem for me.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby ender516 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:43 pm

zimmah wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:

in fact turning of map inspect does solve the problem for me.

Which browsers do you two use? zimmah? tkr4lf?

Postby Crush0r on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:34 am

hi!
what's the correct link to the latest BOB?
thx in advance!
Sergeant Crush0r

Postby Namor on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 am

Crush0r wrote:hi!
what's the correct link to the latest BOB?
thx in advance!

The OP has the latest, version 5.1.5
Colonel Namor

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives