Conquer Club

BOB comments (old thread)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 4.9.4

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:40 am

I just updated BOB and on the previous previous I had running it told me the objectives on the Beta map Third Crusade, but with the update it doesn't show at all. :roll:
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby sherkaner on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 am

endar1077 wrote:I just reverted to an older version because everything seems REALLY slow in the game page. I don't know - maybe my computer is just messed up, but it seems like there might be a loop gone wild, or something.

Hmm, I guess you play with map opacity below 100%, I actually drew the circles (circle whiteness option) when that was the case, even if you didn't have that on. That doesn't make a difference on my systems, but it could impact yours I guess. Updated the script to not draw the circles when it doesn't make sense to do so.
WitchDoctor wrote:In 4.9.4 I think "Delete Game Snapshots" may not be working. After clicking and confirming the game snapshots disappear fine, but after a browser page reload they're back.

Thanks, updated.
Nola_Lifer wrote:I just updated BOB and on the previous previous I had running it told me the objectives on the Beta map Third Crusade, but with the update it doesn't show at all. :roll:

Thanks, updated.

Gonna wait 1 more day to see whether more bugs show up, then I'll update the script number again. But if you update now, these things should work again.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby maineguy12000 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:35 pm

the scrollable text map link doesn't seem to work.
Lieutenant maineguy12000

Postby sherkaner on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:06 pm

maineguy12000 wrote:the scrollable text map link doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for reporting. Luckily I checked all options this time, and noticed this one so I already noticed it myself. New version available.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: BOB 4.9.5

Postby Velvecarrots on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:47 pm

Not sure if this is a result of getting 4.9.5, but I just got the update and noticed that my snapshots were out of order. They seemed pretty random...
This game was once fun, but the necessity to log in every day finally took its toll on me.

Best Score: 4660 (11/20/10)
Best Rank: 1 (8/2/13)
General Velvecarrots

Postby Ray Rider on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:58 pm

I was having a problem with BOB after updating it, so I reverted back to an older version and I'm waiting a bit before I update again. :-^
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby sherkaner on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Velvecarrots wrote:Not sure if this is a result of getting 4.9.5, but I just got the update and noticed that my snapshots were out of order. They seemed pretty random...

They were random, if you update again it will be sorted again.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby mibi on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:49 pm

all these updates are a bit annoying., i must say.
Captain mibi

Re: BOB 4.9.6

Postby General Roy on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi! I have the latest version of BOB, and from what I can see there should be a Text Map option. Only problem is it's missing in my BOB Menu.

I may mention I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit, Firefox 3.5.5 and BOB 4.9.6. I also believe I have the latest version of Greasemonkey.

Can someone help, please? I feel a little lost without this feature.

Roy
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Lieutenant General Roy

Postby sherkaner on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

General Roy wrote:Hi! I have the latest version of BOB, and from what I can see there should be a Text Map option. Only problem is it's missing in my BOB Menu.

I may mention I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit, Firefox 3.5.5 and BOB 4.9.6. I also believe I have the latest version of Greasemonkey.

Can someone help, please? I feel a little lost without this feature.

Roy

Hmm, I'm guessing you've just started using BOB. If not, just ask again.

It should still be in the menu, but only when you're on a game page. If you're on such a page, click the 'View Options' submenu under the BOB menu, and it should show a few options, the 3rd is the 'Text Map' option. (Btw, I consider it easier to use the map inspect.)
Colonel sherkaner

Postby sherkaner on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:48 pm

mibi wrote:all these updates are a bit annoying., i must say.

Agreed. I'm not doing a good job at keeping the number of updates low.
Good news is that I've finally fully changed the script to how I would like it to be, and it became 40% smaller as a result.

Related news: I haven't let the flashy thing flash, but the 'Reload to live'-option in the snapshots-menu was broken too (and the sorting was still broken for some), so I changed that and upgraded the version number. 4.9.6 is the fixed version. If you have 4.9.5 (and are bothered with the bugs), and press Latest Version Installed, it will upgrade to 4.9.6.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby CafeT on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:58 pm

snapshots aren't sorting properly (not by date). i haven't changed my usage in the past few versions, so i'm guessing it's been broken by the last update or so.
CafeT
High score: 2853/#162, 2013-03-14.
If you don't see any stars, I didn't rate you for that category. It's not a bad rating, it's not a rating.
Try a turn notifier so you will know when you can move.
Major CafeT

Postby Squirly on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:42 pm

I am having major snapshot difficulties.

my last 10 or so snapshots have disappeared and have been replaced with ones I deleted a while ago.
General Squirly

Postby sherkaner on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Squirly wrote:I am having major snapshot difficulties.

my last 10 or so snapshots have disappeared and have been replaced with ones I deleted a while ago.

What you're saying is something BOB is incapable of actually, maybe Firefox rolled back its preferences for some reason. That would explain the disappearence/reappereance of some snapshots.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Squirly on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:16 pm

OK, but the "revert to live" button is not working.
General Squirly

Postby Squirly on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 am

Squirly wrote:OK, but the "revert to live" button is not working.

could this be a problem with my computer?
General Squirly

Postby CafeT on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:00 pm

thx! snapshots sort now.
CafeT
High score: 2853/#162, 2013-03-14.
If you don't see any stars, I didn't rate you for that category. It's not a bad rating, it's not a rating.
Try a turn notifier so you will know when you can move.
Major CafeT

Postby klut2z on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 am

i seem to have a problem installing 4.9.6.

when i click on the "Update Available", there seems to be a small window and a larger window trying to open, but it automatically closes on itself immediately. Nothing gets installed.

can't seem to figure out why. can anyone help me with this?

thanks
Captain klut2z

Postby Dako on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:06 pm

You may have pop-up blocker installed or something.
Basically, you need to visit this link to install the script.
Colonel Dako

Postby Ogrecrusher on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Hey, is there any way of getting BOB to work in Opera? It can supposedly handle Greasemonkey Scripts, but it's not working for me. Cheers.
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Postby sherkaner on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:23 am

Ogrecrusher wrote:Hey, is there any way of getting BOB to work in Opera? It can supposedly handle Greasemonkey Scripts, but it's not working for me. Cheers.

I think you found something like http://www.devilsworkshop.org/using-gre ... ra-how-to/

page wrote:Most GreaseMonkey scripts will work without any modification as they do not make use of GreaseMonkey APIs. But for those who make use of API you can install Emulate GreaseMonkey functions opera userscript.

BOB uses the API alot, which creates some problems.. The script mentioned doesn't suffice.
I tried to get BOB working for other browser by making a version that forgets about the API, viewtopic.php?f=59&t=97996
I tested it as a bookmarklet, but I don't think I tested it for Opera as mentioned. Basically I removed everything that gives the possibility to store things, which means it has no BOB menu and the options are fixed. I could improve a bit on that now, but not much. And since people didn't seem too interested in that thread, so I didn't put extra efford in that.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby joofro on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:39 pm

sherkaner wrote:
Ogrecrusher wrote:Hey, is there any way of getting BOB to work in Opera? It can supposedly handle Greasemonkey Scripts, but it's not working for me. Cheers.

[...]

BOB uses the API alot, which creates some problems.. The script mentioned doesn't suffice.
I tried to get BOB working for other browser by making a version that forgets about the API, viewtopic.php?f=59&t=97996
I tested it as a bookmarklet, but I don't think I tested it for Opera as mentioned. Basically I removed everything that gives the possibility to store things, which means it has no BOB menu and the options are fixed. I could improve a bit on that now, but not much. And since people didn't seem too interested in that thread, so I didn't put extra efford in that.

i thought of using opera alongside firefox to account sit. if other people would like to have one browser per user so both can be used in the same day (and so u don't forget that u'v switched users when u refresh a page in another tab, e.g.), perhaps opera would become more popular. in this case, there might be more argument for bob on opera.
Lieutenant joofro

Postby Ogrecrusher on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:39 am

sherkaner wrote:

I think you found something like http://www.devilsworkshop.org/using-gre ... ra-how-to/

page wrote:Most GreaseMonkey scripts will work without any modification as they do not make use of GreaseMonkey APIs. But for those who make use of API you can install Emulate GreaseMonkey functions opera userscript.

Hmm, that BOB lite sort of works. It just seems to have issues when trying to actually play the game! I have to refresh the page after every dice roll/any other action. Ah well.
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Postby sherkaner on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:09 am

Hmm, I'm adjusting BOB at the moment since lack is gonna do a small site-update that breaks BOB. I'll try to take a look at BOB lite after that (since I'll have to update it to get it to work anyway). I'll try to use cookies this time, so the settings can be stored. But storing snapshots still creates too many problems.

Btw, from now on: If you update, you'll get version 4.9.7. It works now, except for some minor things. It will work after Lack's update (and 4.9.6 and previous versions will fail).
Colonel sherkaner

Re: BOB 4.9.7

Postby ronsizzle on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:49 pm

why does the tab on the right side of my screen keep flipping out?

it goes up and down every second....very annoying.
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives