- The map image you see when you click a map on the game finder page, et al, shows territories and boundaries, but not starting values.
- This information is incomplete. On many maps, particularly Conquest maps, you're not ONLY playing the other players, but you're working in/against the terrain, which includes many neutral territories. On some maps, all neutrals start with the same number of troops, but on many (Oasis, Treasures of Galapagos, City Mogul, etc) they vary from territory to territory.
- These maps are also often (usually?) played Foggy. Unless you have total recall, it's hard to plan how to proceed from point A to point B, without knowing what's in-between.
- The information is available, for example if someone has recently started a sunny game. So, providing it (conveniently) will not negatively affect the "unknowable information" aspect essential to the experience of a Foggy game.
- Provide map images that include neutral starting values.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Ease of use