- Allow for players to choose the colors of their Armies when they enter a game.
- When a player enters a game, they have to use whatever color, based on what position they enter. With this, they get to choose what color they will use during the game.
- For each slot in a game, there shall be a "Join Game" link, allowing you to pick whichever color you want.
- This can possibly be done ahead of time by having players put their color choices in order of preference.
- However, the order of colors will remain the same. So for quads, it will not be Ex. G+O+Y+C vs R+P+B+S.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Give the option for players to possibly pick their favorite and/or lucky color
- Will vastly help color blind players.
- There's always been talk of "select your color" when joining a game
- This presents a fairer option, to reduce farming by joining directly after a lower rank, who are generally more likely to give games away
- Color order woulds stay the same (IE, no violet in a 1v1 game)
- Could also be modified to represent "favorite 2p colors", "favorite 3p colors", etc etc
- This does not work with team games, as it would screw up teams already joined. It's also easier to join team games as a preferred color at the moment.
- Probably should not work with polymorphic either, until an expansion comes out to allow more than two players.
- The same players are in the game, order is essentially "randomized", and you get to play as a preferred color most of the time.