Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:58 pm

I was in the help chat asking about how to make a real time game and arrcee said I have to ask in callouts chat. I said that sucks 'cause warlight.net, where I usually play, has no limit on games and free realtime games. Then arrcee kicked me from all live chat for bigotry. Is this the way your mods act around here? Was he seriously just kicking me because I mentioned another risk website?

EDIT: Now whenever I try to join live chat, it says I can't because I am "banished"... :x
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Still can't get into live chat an hour later... Seriously? I join this site, ask for help, and then have to deal with this shit?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Arrcee is a nail.
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Arcee is a girl first off.. secondly, mods are only allowed to kick ppl for certian reasons, so if she kicked you for biggotry, most likely you were being rude to some degree. learn from it, and fix it. dont go off on others for your mistakes
User avatar
Major NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 79
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby QoH on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:24 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Arcee is a girl first off.. secondly, mods are only allowed to kick ppl for certian reasons, so if she kicked you for biggotry, most likely you were being rude to some degree. learn from it, and fix it. dont go off on others for your mistakes

If you had looked at what he wrote it wasn't bad.

He said, how do you create etc games, and arcee said go to the callouts, and only premiums can do speed games Mind you,this was in the help tab, where he should have been, since this was a question. Then he said "gay... Blah blah blah about how you can do free speed games at this other site"

I'm guessing arcee kicked him for saying gay. Completely overreacting, and I don't see how the OP was out of line. It wasn't even as thoughhe was ranting. He got kicked after writing 2 lines of chat.
Image
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
User avatar
Major QoH
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:37 pm
Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:20 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Arcee is a girl first off.. secondly, mods are only allowed to kick ppl for certian reasons, so if she kicked you for biggotry, most likely you were being rude to some degree. learn from it, and fix it. dont go off on others for your mistakes.


Boy, I guess the saying is true... The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

QoH wrote:If you had looked at what he wrote it wasn't bad.

He said, how do you create etc games, and arcee said go to the callouts, and only premiums can do speed games Mind you,this was in the help tab, where he should have been, since this was a question. Then he said "gay... Blah blah blah about how you can do free speed games at this other site"

I'm guessing arcee kicked him for saying gay. Completely overreacting, and I don't see how the OP was out of line. It wasn't even as thoughhe was ranting. He got kicked after writing 2 lines of chat.


Come to think of it, I did indeed say that. In fact, a more exacting quote could be told. "That's pretty gay, warlight.net has no limit on games AND free speed games..."

Though even with that being said, I honestly can't believe that is an acceptable way for your moderators to act, is it? This is only my most recent risk site, certainly not my first, but the welcome here has been... Shall we just say, more than lacking? I'm not so full of myself that I need a full blown banquet with the red carpet rolled out. I do however, expect some beer and pizza. Okay, but in all seriousness, really?
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Maybe Arcee was just mad because of something IRL, not your fault though. Maybe someone can fix it for you.
Major Extreme Ways
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Noël Bangma wrote:Maybe Arcee was just mad because of something IRL, not your fault though. Maybe someone can fix it for you.


I'm just scared that people like that have such power to begin with.
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby The Voice on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Meh, we're volunteers, risk lovers just like you, and we make mistakes. I'm sorry that happened if that's really all you said. And I am sorry your experience has been...unpleasant to say the least.

Anyhow, Greetings!
Image
User avatar
Colonel The Voice
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Location, Location!
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 pm

The Voice wrote:Meh, we're volunteers, risk lovers just like you, and we make mistakes. I'm sorry that happened if that's really all you said. And I am sorry your experience has been...unpleasant to say the least.

Anyhow, Greetings!



I feel like you just broke out the 1978 Chateauneuf du Pape, Reserve (Chateau Rayas). Hallelujah, today is the day!
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby IcePack on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 pm

2112....? Are you from the future? What's it like?!?
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Image

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
User avatar
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 5566
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:27 pm

IcePack wrote:2112....? Are you from the future? What's it like?!?


In 2112 the democrats have cured cancer, fed the world, and we all have no rights. The declaration has been revoked, but the upside is there is no crime to speak of. Thankfully, the government is now able to read our minds and arrest us before we have committed a crime. We all take pills every day. These pills have the ability to oppress our emotions and remove all repartee in our daily lives. In fact, the government makes sure we are safe from disagreement by helping our minds to hold the same views on everything. This has created true peace. This is what I can offer you, from the future.
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby IcePack on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:14 pm

TheGeneral2112 wrote:
IcePack wrote:2112....? Are you from the future? What's it like?!?


In 2112 the democrats have cured cancer, fed the world, and we all have no rights. The declaration has been revoked, but the upside is there is no crime to speak of. Thankfully, the government is now able to read our minds and arrest us before we have committed a crime. We all take pills every day. These pills have the ability to oppress our emotions and remove all repartee in our daily lives. In fact, the government makes sure we are safe from disagreement by helping our minds to hold the same views on everything. This has created true peace. This is what I can offer you, from the future.


Cut to the chase - what stocks should I buy?
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Image

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
User avatar
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 5566
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:25 pm

IcePack wrote:
TheGeneral2112 wrote:
IcePack wrote:2112....? Are you from the future? What's it like?!?


In 2112 the democrats have cured cancer, fed the world, and we all have no rights. The declaration has been revoked, but the upside is there is no crime to speak of. Thankfully, the government is now able to read our minds and arrest us before we have committed a crime. We all take pills every day. These pills have the ability to oppress our emotions and remove all repartee in our daily lives. In fact, the government makes sure we are safe from disagreement by helping our minds to hold the same views on everything. This has created true peace. This is what I can offer you, from the future.


Cut to the chase - what stocks should I buy?


You can read about them in this paper: "Transgressing the Boundaries: Toward a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity". If that reference is lost on you, feel free to use google.
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby donkeylove on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:01 pm

TheGeneral2112 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Arcee is a girl first off.. secondly, mods are only allowed to kick ppl for certian reasons, so if she kicked you for biggotry, most likely you were being rude to some degree. learn from it, and fix it. dont go off on others for your mistakes.


Boy, I guess the saying is true... The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

QoH wrote:If you had looked at what he wrote it wasn't bad.

He said, how do you create etc games, and arcee said go to the callouts, and only premiums can do speed games Mind you,this was in the help tab, where he should have been, since this was a question. Then he said "gay... Blah blah blah about how you can do free speed games at this other site"

I'm guessing arcee kicked him for saying gay. Completely overreacting, and I don't see how the OP was out of line. It wasn't even as thoughhe was ranting. He got kicked after writing 2 lines of chat.


Come to think of it, I did indeed say that. In fact, a more exacting quote could be told. "That's pretty gay, warlight.net has no limit on games AND free speed games..."

Though even with that being said, I honestly can't believe that is an acceptable way for your moderators to act, is it? This is only my most recent risk site, certainly not my first, but the welcome here has been... Shall we just say, more than lacking? I'm not so full of myself that I need a full blown banquet with the red carpet rolled out. I do however, expect some beer and pizza. Okay, but in all seriousness, really?


In your opening post you spout off because you were kicked for bigotry, then quote what you said without the gay remark which would have gained you some backing against said moderator. QoH tihen reminded you of what you actually said which is bigotry, you admit it, you broke the rules, you got kicked. Stop trying to belittle the mod for doing her job, and stop trying to act all intellectual now you got busted as you may know a hell of a lot but it seems you know little about social interaction...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class donkeylove
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:24 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm

donkeylove wrote:In your opening post you spout off because you were kicked for bigotry, then quote what you said without the gay remark which would have gained you some backing against said moderator. QoH tihen reminded you of what you actually said which is bigotry, you admit it, you broke the rules, you got kicked. Stop trying to belittle the mod for doing her job, and stop trying to act all intellectual now you got busted as you may know a hell of a lot but it seems you know little about social interaction...


Regardless of the remark I used, I certainly don't think that saying something is gay is against the rules. Proof? I'm gonna hazard a guess to say all of these people weren't using gay to refer to men who like penises, but rather for another purpose.

I wasn't belittling a mod for doing her job, I was directly criticizing the stick she had up her a** when she kicked me from live chat for typing 'that's gay'.

You mention 'acting all intellectual', but I wonder if you have the intellectual capacity to comprehend the meaning of the word 'gay' in this context. There is no difference between 'gay' (used in that context) and 'hacker' or 'punk'. It is simply a word with negative connotation that expresses contempt or distaste.

I suppose this is bigotry as well, huh?

Perhaps you should continue consuming your narcotics, as one of the definitions of gay is actually foolish or stupid.
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Questions & Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login