fortifying default

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

fortifying default

Postby melech14 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:18 pm

any chance of removing the default field when fortifying; i.e. fortify from __________.
many times i have fortified from the wrong territory because of this default.
Thanks.
Lieutenant melech14

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: fortifying default

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:40 am

no, there is no such thing that i know of.
if this is a suggestion, then i'll pass it on, but my understanding is that i will default a position that you can actually fortify FROM (aka has more then 1 troops). leaving the field blank will no doubt cause more people to not fortify....
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby melech14 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:01 pm

yes this is a suggestion that, rather than have the field show the default "fortify from" territory, that it be left blank and must be chosen by the player.
Lieutenant melech14

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)

Postby Jippd on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 am

melech14 wrote:yes this is a suggestion that, rather than have the field show the default "fortify from" territory, that it be left blank and must be chosen by the player.

You would have more luck putting together a well though out post in the suggestions forum : viewforum.php?f=4

As a way to get around the issue seb pointed out you would need to have it so that the game would not allow fortification if a territory was not selected from the drop down box.

How do you accidentally fort the wrong place though? Are the end assaults and fortify buttons located overlapping each other (meaning when you click end assaults and if you click the same spot with your cursor does it select the reinforce button?). I thought these were placed in different locations to avoid this possibility.

I use clickable maps so I'm not sure how it works.

Another solution to your problem is download clickable maps and use the confirmation windows. This way every time you make a reinforcement it asks you to confirm it before it goes through with the action. (or this may be a bob feature I'm not sure)
Brigadier Jippd

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby Jippd on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:12 am

Also see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=83184
Brigadier Jippd

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby melech14 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks for the info Jippd. I'll look through your suggestions.
Lieutenant melech14

Return to Questions & Answers