Conquer Club

pet peaves

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

pet peaves

Postby gsolo19564 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:53 pm

There is something that irritates me and I don't know if it really should or not. Playing a 1v1 game, i guess any map but I mostly play classic, the other person has essentially won the game, and I'm just laying down. Instead of attacking me, they use troops to get a continent. My last game, if he would have used the troops to attack me instead of getting a continent, the game would have been over the next round. But he wasted those troops. I of course do not like that, so with 3 cards I turn in. I know i still can't win but I'm breaking the bonus because it gets under my skin.

Does this bother anybody else or am I just being petty?
Corporal 1st Class gsolo19564

Re: pet peaves

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:27 am

gsolo19564 wrote:There is something that irritates me and I don't know if it really should or not. Playing a 1v1 game, i guess any map but I mostly play classic, the other person has essentially won the game, and I'm just laying down. Instead of attacking me, they use troops to get a continent. My last game, if he would have used the troops to attack me instead of getting a continent, the game would have been over the next round. But he wasted those troops. I of course do not like that, so with 3 cards I turn in. I know i still can't win but I'm breaking the bonus because it gets under my skin.

Does this bother anybody else or am I just being petty?

It doesn't bother me.

I know if I've lined up troops to collect some bonus, I go ahead and take it, even though I don't need it any more. And yes, every now and then someone will send me an irate message like "why are you wasting time?" What's the big deal? You have to suffer through one more turn. You don't even have to look at it, just hit 'B', 'E', 'E', 'N'. For me, on the other hand, there is satisfaction that a plan I set in motion eight turns ago is finally complete.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Classic also attracts a certain amount of newb players who like the thrill of taking every region including neutrals before finally making the kill. When I came back to CC, I played maybe 1,000 1v1 classic games in a relatively short space of time. That's just under half of my total game count to date. I met so much of that. :lol: A few times I was like "Would you just finish me, please?"
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wingnut 16ga on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Can't say it bothers me, but I can see your point. Maybe that's a good selling point for having a surrender button. I never like to give up but sometimes in trench games it can be drug out just trying to get a game over.
Cook Wingnut 16ga

Return to Conquer Club Discussion