Conquer Club

Clan War - Participation factor?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Clan War - Participation factor?

Postby Donelladan on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:29 am

What is the participation factor please?

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 8&t=150201

Qualifying Challenges

In order to receive a Clan Achievement Medal, the war and players will need to meet ALL of the following criteria:

Wars:
The clan war must be of a minimum 41 games and must provide a winner during the regular flow of the war. A random triples neutral game is recommended.
War restrictions must adhere to the basic restrictions inherently built by clans meaning No Freestyle, No Manual, No Speed, No Beta Maps.
The game composition must comprise of at least 80% Team Games. Recommended setup is 25% Doubles, 25% Triples, 25% Quadruples and 25% Choice of Games
Clan Wars must be fairly negotiated, if you feel you are being pressured into an agreement or are unsure, please seek the advice of a Clan Director
A minimum of 10 players must be used.
All Clans must follow the 1 Clan Rule
Clan War thread must be adequately documented to ensure medals are properly given out, primarily game numbers and winner, games not used etc.

HIDE: MINIMUM GAME REQUIREMENT EXAMPLE
Min Games = Total Spots / Players Used * Participation Factor

Total Spots available (eg 20D 20T 21Q) = (20*2 + 20*3 +21*4) = 184 total spots
Players Used = Example is 15 players
Participation Factor initially set to 50%
The bare minimum, regardless of the formula will be 3 games.

Therefore

Min Games = RoundDown (184 /15 *0.5) = 6 games in this example.
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: Clan War - Participation factor?

Postby Armandolas on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:28 am

Colonel Armandolas

Postby Swifte on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am

I think it is just 0.5 always? When they say "initially set to 50%" I believe that was just in case that proved not to be a good number, they could change it in the future.. but as far as I know it's never changed?
Colonel Swifte

Postby Lindax on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:19 pm

The participation factor is the amount of games you need to play of the amount of games "available" to you.

If a war has 100 games and 10 clan members playing, theoretically all players have 10 games to play. If the participation factor is 50%, you need to play a minimum of half the available 10 games, i.e., 5 games to be eligible for a medal.

Hope this helps,

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Swifte on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Lindax wrote:The participation factor is the amount of games you need to play of the amount of games "available" to you.

If a war has 100 games and 10 clan members playing, theoretically all players have 10 games to play. If the participation factor is 50%, you need to play a minimum of half the available 10 games, i.e., 5 games to be eligible for a medal.

Hope this helps,

Lx

Thanks Lx, is there ever a scenario where the participation factor for a medal is not 50% that you're aware of? I can't think of a time I've seen that.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Lindax on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Swifte wrote:
Lindax wrote:The participation factor is the amount of games you need to play of the amount of games "available" to you.

Hope this helps,

Lx

Thanks Lx, is there ever a scenario where the participation factor for a medal is not 50% that you're aware of? I can't think of a time I've seen that.

No, not that I'm aware of. I suppose it was set as a mark and there has been no reason change it....

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Return to Conquer Club Discussion