District of Alaska - v14.1 [2014-23-02] pg23 - XML ONLY

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: District of Alaska - v14.1 [2014-23-02] pg23 - XML ONLY

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:01 pm

What I like: I like the boat reinforcements, and how they are separated by neutrals, and starting neutral shipyards... causes you to try to plan how long to let them build up before attacking with them... and if you take all the troops with you, then you leave the boats open for attack. Makes a different strategy decisions than most maps.

What I don't like: I think that the bonuses are too hard to get/hold, especially the paths. It seems in the games I've played here most of the bonus areas never come into play, and the main bonuses is just the auto deploy troops. I don't know if there is any way of making some smaller bonus areas or something
Colonel HotShot53

Medals: 31
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:07 pm

so far every game has been intereesting, i vs i and teams; heaven't tried multi-player yet... i think the number of neutrals you need to go through to attack enemies ships seems expensive enough that so far the games favour the second player to attack, but i suppose that means in poly's you can guess well and elim 2 ships .. looks like it will have different stqtegies with different spoils, also charming ...

:D
=D> =D> =D>
contact chapcrap icepack or rcfritz if time near an hour please
Major t4mcr53s2

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby Blitzkrieg Frank on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:15 am

I like it, the neutrals from ship to land make it all that more hard. I like the fact the dock ship reverts back to a neutral meaning you need to take it each time you want a reinforce onto land. The +2 auto for base camp is a nice addition for those who dare. Inner passage is maybe the easiest bonus to hold although a ship with a stack can break it and any bonus really, however once that ship has been exposed it can be taken easily too, so you need to be cautious and know when to venture onto land. There are several ways to play it depending on spoils or team games.
Colonel Blitzkrieg Frank

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby facet on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:51 am

[Beta map challenge]

I liked the boats, although I lost all of mine, I liked that they could be attacked.

I disliked how fiddly and unclear the territories were in the SE, got me a couple of times.
Corporal 1st Class facet

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby Lord Arioch on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Love it way to go!!! =D> =D> =D>
Major Lord Arioch

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4)

Previous

Return to Beta Maps