Conquer Club

Geometry: Square [Version 1.1]

Map suggestions, ideas and drafts... They all start life on the Drawing Board.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Geometry: Square [Version 1.1]

Postby plurple on Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:37 am

Map Name: Geometry: Square
Mapmaker(s): Plurple
Number of Territories: 81
Special Features: Transforms
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:
New maps and a display of how transforms work! This is a conquest style map with 25 potential starting spots. These starting spots auto deploy 2. You will get 10,8,6,5,4,3,3,2,2,2,2 for each number of players from 2-12. All regions that are not the starting spots will transform: Orange and yellow territories will grow 1 a turn until they have >10 troops. Where Orange territories they will reset to between 4 and 8 troops and yellow ones will be reset to between 2 and 6. Aqua territories will lose 1 troop a turn unless they have 1 troop when they will be reset to between 2 and 6.

Map Image:
show: Version 1.1

show: Version 1

XML:
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Geometry: Square [Version 1.1]

Postby plurple on Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:37 am

Saved for updates.

Update 1:
There is an additional transform that tries to make sure that in round 1 no player will have more than 3 troops on each of their starting spots to reduce the luck in going first. TODO: Add this information to the key.

Release Update:
Am a little unsure on this one I think it may be too large and the aqua territories may have a minimal impact though I like the interesting strategy of purposefully leaving it on a 1 to gain some troops but there are a lot of troop gaining across the map so may only be useful in larger 10+ player games if at all. I am looking for feedback on how the map plays and make adjustments to the balance or the graphics as it comes in :D
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Return to Drafting Room