Conquer Club

The Spirit of Conquer Club

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:42 am

lemeilleur wrote:hi i am looking for someone that could program/ design a map for me. or how can i do it myself?

If you're looking for someone to design a map, then you must at least have your map idea on paper. You don't have to have technical skills, but if the map idea is yours, then you should absolutely be able to draw the map out by hand and scan/photograph it.

I've been asked to design a map by a couple of people before, and they just threw a couple of broad ideas at me, "we want a map of siberia" or something like that, and I am absolutely not interested in that kind of collaboration.

So, if you have an idea in your head, put it on paper and make a thread for it in this forum:
viewforum.php?f=583

I personally don't have time to collaborate on another map right now. (I'm helping with two currently) Swamped with work, study and personal stuff. But if no one else picks it up, then I might to be able to at a later date.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Pirlo on Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:22 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
lemeilleur wrote:hi i am looking for someone that could program/ design a map for me. or how can i do it myself?

If you're looking for someone to design a map, then you must at least have your map idea on paper. You don't have to have technical skills, but if the map idea is yours, then you should absolutely be able to draw the map out by hand and scan/photograph it.

I've been asked to design a map by a couple of people before, and they just threw a couple of broad ideas at me, "we want a map of siberia" or something like that, and I am absolutely not interested in that kind of collaboration.

So, if you have an idea in your head, put it on paper and make a thread for it in this forum:
viewforum.php?f=583

I personally don't have time to collaborate on another map right now. (I'm helping with two currently) Swamped with work, study and personal stuff. But if no one else picks it up, then I might to be able to at a later date.

Good, now I know who I should bother when I draw my map ideas :lol:
Captain Pirlo

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:28 pm

Pirlo wrote:Good, now I know who I should bother when I draw my map ideas :lol:

:lol: :mrgreen:
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Keefie on Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:53 am

I would like to give a massive shout out to

Craig25
Anila8
ESQuire
Ewebasher
SoN!c

and anyone else who has helped make the Super League a massive success story.

Thank you
Colonel Keefie

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

=D>
Captain 2007spaceodyssey

Postby SoN!c on Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

Lol, didnt see this before but craig deserves all the credit, and because of the massive work it is to run these days (due to the size of leagues and players) anila8 is inexpendable - so yes a big shout out to them both=D> =D>

Ofcourse a small shout out to Ewebasher, who is such a great guy, and so is ESQuire ofcourse, to do their part, wouldnt hurt.

But i just helped out for a very little part, did nothing more then helping out anybody else, so again shout out to craig for making it such a succes because its a big reason for so many players to stay on site.

And for that alone he.., they.., deserve respect and all the help they can get. Funny how many people take things for granted and only realize they miss something after its gone.
Major SoN!c

Postby Delf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:54 pm

If I had any hero on this site. I think it would have to be you Keefie. I went dark on the site for a long time due to illness. I then get a message from my son (who does not play CC or associated in any way). To say he had a Call from someone called Keefie from a risk game wanting to know if I was alright.

I cannot say how gratified I was to be in a hospital bed and receive that message out of the blue.

I would just like to say thanks openly for that... It meant a lot.
Major Delf

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:13 am

Delf wrote:If I had any hero on this site. I think it would have to be you Keefie. I went dark on the site for a long time due to illness. I then get a message from my son (who does not play CC or associated in any way). To say he had a Call from someone called Keefie from a risk game wanting to know if I was alright.

I cannot say how gratified I was to be in a hospital bed and receive that message out of the blue.

Well Done, Keefie..! =D> :D =D>
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby SoN!c on Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:48 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
Delf wrote:If I had any hero on this site. I think it would have to be you Keefie. I went dark on the site for a long time due to illness. I then get a message from my son (who does not play CC or associated in any way). To say he had a Call from someone called Keefie from a risk game wanting to know if I was alright.

Well Done, Keefie..! =D> :D =D>

Yes, this is the stuff =D> =D> =D> Well Done, Keefie..! Your in the top drawer.
Major SoN!c

Postby detlef on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:29 am

I've been outspoken about how poorly I feel this site is run (that is not a jab at the folks who volunteer mind you, that they take the time to do what they do is amazing), and that was partially why I left last year. I started playing other board games that I actually enjoy more than Risk variations on another site. And, while I made some friends on that site, it was nothing like here. Here is where I made friends that I continued to be friends with outside of here. Hell, partially why I'm back is because MTIce (who I'd only gotten to know because we got into a very in-depth political conversation before I left) kept pestering me to come back.

So, I came back to be swaddled in the itchy blanket that is CC, and I immediately recognized what a great group of people have happened to gather here. I love being in a clan that results in me getting to know, and have great conversations about all kinds of things, with people from all over the globe.

And yet I'm surprised to not have found any mention of Cheffed's passing. I don't recall who reached out to whom, but since we were both chefs, we struck up a great conversation on the side during our first game together. We had a lot in common and I was impressed by the types of wine he was into. Because, from my experience, most chefs don't care that much about wine. The good ones at least develop a cursory knowledge of it, but I'm often surprised at how not into it many are. Ed really liked wine. Good wine. And we talked about that because it's one of my true passions.

When I came back, I found myself in a game with him and he was as friendly as ever. That game just ended a few weeks ago and it's kind of surreal to think that the last thing I said to someone who I had so much in common with was "gg team 1".

My heart goes out to his family and, actually, to the good people in Rep, who have had to deal with death far more than anyone on a gaming site should. I know I'd be crushed to learn that one of my clanmates passed because you get pretty tight with them. And the hits keep coming for them. You should lose clanmates because someone is looking for a new challenge or something, not because they die.

ETA: thanks, fishy for pm-ing me with a link to the post about Ed. Just didn't look in the right place.
Colonel detlef

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:06 am

Thanks for the kind words detlaf, for others looking and not finding

viewtopic.php?f=438&t=240969

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:17 am

Thanks detlef, your kind words have made me reach for the tissues again. It's sure been an emotional 18 months.
Colonel Keefie

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion