Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:48 am

Dako wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:CC is the #6 link for me.

Agree 100% with what Dako said. The problem is that lackattack makes enough money even with declining membership, so why should he spend his money/time to improve CC?

Short-term thinking is a problem of many.

In 1972, U.S. President Richard Nixon asked Chinaā€™s first premier, Zhou Enlai, for his assessment of the French Revolution, 183 years after the revolutionā€™s conclusion. Zhouā€™s response: "It is too early to say."
That is what I call long-term thinking ^^.

Why would he ask China's premier THAT? I've never thought highly of politicians but what a waste of time!! He meets China's premier and starts chatting about french history. Maybe it's because they haven't had a similar revolution in China and he wanted to rub it in. Politics....*sigh*
Attachments
uk.jpg
uk.jpg (50.87 KiB) Viewed 9118 times
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dako on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:28 am

Do you really not understand why he asked that?
Colonel Dako

Postby Ace Rimmer on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Gillipig wrote:

Agree 100% with what Dako said. The problem is that lackattack makes enough money even with declining membership, so why should he spend his money/time to improve CC?

Ace, do you have any idea what lack earns? Have you looked into the numbers? I haven't and anyone who hasn't can't possibly claim to know what his netgain is! People and their opinions...... *sigh*

I do not know what he earns, but this is my impression by the time I've spent around him and the admins and other mods, and seen how this site is going.

From Sept 2011 to June 2012 the number of active players has gone down by 2,578. That is nearly a 15% decrease in active players in less than a year. No idea how many of those are premium, because I haven't seen any stats that say the number of premium players. Regardless, losing 15% of your playing base will lead to a definite decline in the paying base.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Master Fenrir on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Dako wrote:In 1972, U.S. President Richard Nixon asked Chinaā€™s first premier, Zhou Enlai, for his assessment of the French Revolution, 183 years after the revolutionā€™s conclusion. Zhouā€™s response: "It is too early to say."
That is what I call long-term thinking ^^.

That's going to be my new response to "Was it good for you?"
General Master Fenrir

Postby GoranZ on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:54 pm

CC is community driven game, and currently community is getting smaller and smaller.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Darthakian on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:07 am

Pirlo wrote:When I look at the number of online users, I see it's like only 60% of the number I used to find a year ago.

This indicates CC is not even stable and non-growing; rather, it's declining!

17315 are the current users. I think they used to be +20.000 last year. :-k

Thats because people are realising that cc is a fixed site, there are no random games, they are all pre-determined. If you ever speak out against them, cc will demote you before you can say "youve ripped me of and stole my money" 3 demotions in just over 24 hours for me !!!
Sergeant 1st Class Darthakian

Postby Darthakian on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 am

Pirlo wrote:When I look at the number of online users, I see it's like only 60% of the number I used to find a year ago.

This indicates CC is not even stable and non-growing; rather, it's declining!

17315 are the current users. I think they used to be +20.000 last year. :-k

Also,i tjink that if people were to be able to leave and have everything wipped out the numbers will be far less, someone who i was speaking to who finally realised that she was being conned asked to have her account wipped out but was told that they cant do that????? Therefore the numbers do not show a true reflection. Its always the same few people who are starting or joining games !!! Its plain to see, CC is dieing.

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am

Go see the men in the white coats. They will help you out.

I see from your profile you're a police officer. I guess they're as fucked up in the head in the UK as in the US.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am

I was introduced to the site by somebody I know, and went on to introduce a few other people.

I can't really remember my first-game experience, but I didn't stop to read any of the rules pages or read up on the different game settings. I knew already how to play RISK, and presumably clicked on the 'join a game' link. If I go there now, I see games set up in batches of five or six on the same map, not really showing off what we can do.
However, we now have such a range of settings and maps that it's probably quite overwhelming at first.

Also, for somebody who comes to this site having played the actual RISK board game, there aren't any games on the first page of 'join a game' which are on the classic map, which may give somebody the wrong idea.

I don't know, it's quite difficult to tailor the first game a new recruit joins without making it exploitable by farmers.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Go see the men in the white coats. They will help you out.

I see from your profile you're a police officer. I guess they're as fucked up in the head in the UK as in the US.

And I'm a slave girl. Yesterday I was Al Gore. Make overs have come a long way!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:46 pm

macbone wrote:First impressions are definitely important. When users come to the CC frontpage, what's going to convince them to sign up?

Speaking of first impressions, and I know this is anathema to CC, but what about in-game first impressions? Freedom of expression is great, but when it's almost certainly driving away customers...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Qwert on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:25 pm

macbone wrote:I'll be honest, these declining numbers worry me.

So what can we do to reverse the trend?

What we can do???
You have tons and tons great sugestions in SUgestion forum who sit for abouth 3-4 years and implement very slow.
When someone say "lack have problem with filipino programers" but he dont have problems to very fast open Conuqer Cup no 3.
Comunity give great sugestions, but thy not be implemented,and comunity go away.
What number need to go down,so that red light be turn on?
I understand that Conquer Cup bring money,and in short period you have all ready 3 edition of this tournament, but this implementation are only for small number of players, he need to implement much more ,for all others.
After all we dont know what its Lack strategy , maybe he get tired of this site?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Darthakian on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:Go see the men in the white coats. They will help you out.

Its gone beyond thwe men in white coats im affraid, total shut down, revamp and improved playablity may encourage people back. In my short time here I know of many who have left or will not renew membership. Someone somewhere can sort this site out and make it fair for everyone.

Oh cops in Uk are not so fucked up as U.S i think, but thats because of gun culture. Im sure if we had it here, yes we would be as fucked up as your lot. ? I did a 3 month stint with NYPD, now they are self admitting fucked up cops, understandably so with the shit they have to deal with.

Postby macbone on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:28 am

Hm. My Google's different from you guys. Searching for Risk Online without the quotations, CC's not even on the first page, and if I put quotation marks, it's the last hit on the bottom of the first page.

But then again, I'm using Google Hong Kong.
Colonel macbone

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:10 am

Yes it's declining and rightfully so. The site has not been majorly improved for several years. That can't happen without consequences. Sorry but it's true. It's just not keeping up in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 am

Woodruff wrote:
macbone wrote:First impressions are definitely important. When users come to the CC frontpage, what's going to convince them to sign up?

Speaking of first impressions, and I know this is anathema to CC, but what about in-game first impressions? Freedom of expression is great, but when it's almost certainly driving away customers...

More like lack of expression. The thing that most turned me off in the early days was the fact that in most games there was virtually no conversation at all.

I know you're talking about people making rude comments, but quite honestly in about 4000 games I've encountered maybe a half a dozen such situations, so I really doubt if there's much chance of hitting one on your first day.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dako on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:45 am

And not in casual games. Speed games are way more chatty.
Colonel Dako

Postby zimmah on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am

DiM wrote:
zimmah wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Declining it is not. Fewer members it merely has. More exclusive CC will become!!
In time only a handful of lucky players will call themselves members of this site. Oh how I long for that time to come!!

that's only if they close registrations, if anyone can just freely join, it will never be exclusive.

if CC reaches a point where even with free registrations nobody joins and only a few people remain active, then CC is not an "exclusive select club" it's the "shit that everybody stays away from, except for a few flies that are already on it"

indeed, but that will not be "only a handful of lucky players" like gilli stated.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 am

Gillipig wrote:
DiM wrote:
zimmah wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Declining it is not. Fewer members it merely has. More exclusive CC will become!!
In time only a handful of lucky players will call themselves members of this site. Oh how I long for that time to come!!

that's only if they close registrations, if anyone can just freely join, it will never be exclusive.

if CC reaches a point where even with free registrations nobody joins and only a few people remain active, then CC is not an "exclusive select club" it's the "shit that everybody stays away from, except for a few flies that are already on it"

Ones trash is anothers treasure. Subjective the subject is.

trash or not, exclusive is only when there's limited access. if people choose to avoid it, it's not exclusive, just unpopular.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:06 pm

zimmah wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
DiM wrote:
zimmah wrote:

Ones trash is anothers treasure. Subjective the subject is.

trash or not, exclusive is only when there's limited access. if people choose to avoid it, it's not exclusive, just unpopular.

You're not taking everything into consideration! As CC loses members lack will increase the cost to become premium and restrict the features available to freemiums. Eventually freemiums won't be allowed to play games, just watch. So CC will become very exclusive! Mark my words!!

*cough*
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Pedronicus on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:20 pm

If lack took some of his cash and bought some more random numbers, randomised them into the existing sample batch then maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't have the same old streaky dice on a repeat cycle.

I couldn't care less if a map is drawn on ms paint or the newest graphics suite, all i want is some sensible dice that allow strategy to mean something instead of what we have.

you play this site long enough, it's the stupid dice that make you decide not to bother renewing the 25 bucks.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Pedronicus on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:23 pm

If I was him, I'd have a multi and play the game quietly to see what the game is like. maybe he does. I dunno. When the site first started, he was good at computers but terrible at risk.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:30 am

Pedronicus wrote:If I was him, I'd have a multi and play the game quietly to see what the game is like. maybe he does. I dunno. When the site first started, he was good at computers but terrible at risk.

I know for a fact he has at least one multi. Not a joke.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:
Pedronicus wrote:If I was him, I'd have a multi and play the game quietly to see what the game is like. maybe he does. I dunno. When the site first started, he was good at computers but terrible at risk.

I know for a fact, he has 2 accounts other than lackattack.. no kidding!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Gillipig on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:

I know for a fact, he has 2 accounts other than lackattack.. no kidding!

I know for a fact that his penis size in inches equals his number of accounts....I am kidding!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion