Conquer Club

*BpB Sig Contest/ Tdans & Ffraid WINNERS*

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: *BpB Sig Contest/ Tdans & Ffraid WINNERS*

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Wait, so what exactly went down?

Is this the order of events?

1. Contest starts
2. FOED player (not tdans) goes into BpB's forum, gets answers
3. tdans answers stuff correctly
4. BpB gives tdans premium
5. tdans admits he cheated, promises to pay back premium

If that's correct, then I have no idea how anyone could be banned for this, regardless of the cheating that was involved. There is no rule against this from what I understand so banning someone wouldn't make sense. It's dishonest and lame, but as long as tdans actually does repay for the premium, I have no problem with what happened.

So you're OK with someone using another player's password to access a clan forum that is not their own? Get real.

Whoever in BpB gave the FOED player the password is as much at fault.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:41 pm

jbrettlip wrote:No one will be banned, and the user that did it apparently is no longer on the website. He/she simply still had access to people's passwords.

The person who did this - have they recently left? Were they a member of FOED, or were they accessing their forums using someone's password? Were they a previous member of BpB? How long has the person been off the site?

It really seems like there is more to this story than is being told. Why can't you just tell the whole story? The story is intriguing, but peeling back the layers will get tedious.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:

1. Contest starts

If that's correct, then I have no idea how anyone could be banned for this, regardless of the cheating that was involved. There is no rule against this from what I understand so banning someone wouldn't make sense. It's dishonest and lame, but as long as tdans actually does repay for the premium, I have no problem with what happened.

So you're OK with someone using another player's password to access a clan forum that is not their own? Get real.

No. If I give you my house keys because you promise to feed my cats while I'm on vacation, and you use my keys to rob me blind and sell all my furniture, then I may be guilty of making a poor choice in friends, but you are the only actual criminal.

If player A gives player B his password, probably because he needed some turns covered for a weekend or whatever, and player B used it for any purpose other than taking turns, then A might be guilty of carelessness and/or poor judgement, but only B is guilty of an actual offense.

Still, I agree with Serbia: if there is a case here, then the WHOLE case should be presented, in its entirety, not in little bits and pieces and hints and clues.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:

1. Contest starts

No. If I give you my house keys because you promise to feed my cats while I'm on vacation, and you use my keys to rob me blind and sell all my furniture, then I may be guilty of making a poor choice in friends, but you are the only actual criminal.

If player A gives player B his password, probably because he needed some turns covered for a weekend or whatever, and player B used it for any purpose other than taking turns, then A might be guilty of carelessness and/or poor judgement, but only B is guilty of an actual offense.

Still, I agree with Serbia: if there is a case here, then the WHOLE case should be presented, in its entirety, not in little bits and pieces and hints and clues.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

The other night my iPod was stolen from my car, which was unlocked over night. I take full responsibility for it being unlocked and I understand that it's my fault that I didn't lock it. BpB can't cry foul because they facilitated this.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:19 pm

I stole an iPod the other day from an unlocked car. Fortunately it's not my fault that I'm a criminal - it's the car owner's fault (apparently).
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:I stole an iPod the other day from an unlocked car. Fortunately it's not my fault that I'm a criminal - it's the car owner's fault (apparently).

GIVE IT BACK YOU DICK
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:22 pm

And I'm not saying BpB is completely at fault, I'm saying they're just as much at fault as whoever posted the results.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 pm

GIVE IT BACK YOU DICK

lol, good one.

Of course the BpBs can be held accountable - in this respect I agree with you - for their oversight/carelessness in having someone's p/w held by a 3rd party. Their punishment however has already been meted out, i.e. the loss of reputation of the tourney they ran (which is a pity, as it was not only a clever competition but also a great gesture) and the needless purchase of premium membership for a non-deserving recipient. The culprit in this case however is getting off scot-free, yet it's plain for all to see that accessing another player's account for the purposes he/she did is just plain wrong (and contravenes the rules of CC).

So yes...leaving your car unlocked was your fault, but you've already paid the price for your mistake. The only person now who should be punished by the letter of the law is the bastard who stole from it. Same applies in this case don't you think?
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Present a C&A case. See what happens. They'll have to deal with it then, won't they?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:02 pm

From what I know of the story, the banned person (he/she is a permabanned user) had others' passwords from long ago. With them, they accessed pm's that contained other people's passwords, including a BpB member account. Then they disseminated the answers. So yes, the BpB have gone and changed pw's and weren't the ones to give pw's directly to the culprit.

I am sure FOED has already scrubbed their forum of any evidence. I bought the premium, and I am not filing a c&a. CC reminds me of a hot chick that just keeps screwing me over. Every time, I swear it won't happen again, but then I try to forgive and get lackattacked all over.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 pm

jbrettlip wrote:From what I know of the story, the banned person (he/she is a permabanned user) had others' passwords from long ago. With them, they accessed pm's that contained other people's passwords, including a BpB member account. Then they disseminated the answers. So yes, the BpB have gone and changed pw's and weren't the ones to give pw's directly to the culprit.

I am sure FOED has already scrubbed their forum of any evidence. I bought the premium, and I am not filing a c&a. CC reminds me of a hot chick that just keeps screwing me over. Every time, I swear it won't happen again, but then I try to forgive and get lackattacked all over.

If you're not going to file a formal report, then I should expect you won't complain about this further?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby tdans on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:28 pm

jbrettlip wrote:Yes, a FOED member used a BpB password to access our clan forum and posted the answers in their clan forum. Tdans used them to win the contest. However mods were aware that FOED had the answers posted and did nothing to protect the validity of the contest. Tdans seems like a standup guy, having admitted he cheated to me after he found out I had already bought him premium. Maybe I should have notified him first, but I had no idea this had happened. The fact that mods knew about this, and said/did nothing just shows how poor a quality of people can be mods on this board.

No one will be banned, and the user that did it apparently is no longer on the website. He/she simply still had access to people's passwords.

This!!! for future reference.... they do this in Tournaments, or at least the one I won... The guy was able to deduce a ton of peoples passwords somehow, he explained it but it seemed a tad far-fetched but entirely possible. I got on CC one day to see I got a PM from jbrettlip and the words out of my mouth were " Oh crap" I had forgotten all about the contest... lol My apologies about this! I have already straightened it out with the BpB clan...
Lieutenant tdans

Postby Serbia on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:57 pm

jbrettlip wrote:From what I know of the story, the banned person (he/she is a permabanned user) had others' passwords from long ago. With them, they accessed pm's that contained other people's passwords, including a BpB member account. Then they disseminated the answers. So yes, the BpB have gone and changed pw's and weren't the ones to give pw's directly to the culprit.

Ok, so it's a user who's already perma-banned. And it certainly seems like, out of all the players in FOED, the only one who "cheated" by using information given them was tdans, and he's paying it back. And the user who did the hacking and giving out the answers wasn't even in FOED. So what's the point of all this nonsense?
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby jbrettlip on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:04 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:

If you're not going to file a formal report, then I should expect you won't complain about this further?

-Sully

I didn't complain about what happened. So as far as I am concerned, you continue to have your head up your ass.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby jbrettlip on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:07 am

Serbia wrote:

Ok, so it's a user who's already perma-banned. And it certainly seems like, out of all the players in FOED, the only one who "cheated" by using information given them was tdans, and he's paying it back. And the user who did the hacking and giving out the answers wasn't even in FOED. So what's the point of all this nonsense?

There really isn't any nonsense, other than the fact that some mods knew this was happening and allowed it. Was it a deliberate attempt to f with us? Probably, but there is no way to prove that. It just shows that 40 yr old professional people should not expect 18 yr old computer nerds to have any idea how to run a business.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby jbrettlip on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 am

tdans wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:Yes, a FOED member used a BpB password to access our clan forum and posted the answers in their clan forum. Tdans used them to win the contest. However mods were aware that FOED had the answers posted and did nothing to protect the validity of the contest. Tdans seems like a standup guy, having admitted he cheated to me after he found out I had already bought him premium. Maybe I should have notified him first, but I had no idea this had happened. The fact that mods knew about this, and said/did nothing just shows how poor a quality of people can be mods on this board.

No one will be banned, and the user that did it apparently is no longer on the website. He/she simply still had access to people's passwords.

This!!! for future reference.... they do this in Tournaments, or at least the one I won... The guy was able to deduce a ton of peoples passwords somehow, he explained it but it seemed a tad far-fetched but entirely possible. I got on CC one day to see I got a PM from jbrettlip and the words out of my mouth were " Oh crap" I had forgotten all about the contest... lol My apologies about this! I have already straightened it out with the BpB clan...

And I have no problem with tdans. And neither do my other clanmates. If he hadn't said a word, we wouldn't know....(maybe). But f*ck, Taylor Swift. Cmon Tdans, change that shit.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby squishyg on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:15 am

lol, the bandits are so aged that we all just thought there was some new-fangled image search that all the kids were using and that's why so many people got perfect scores.
YOU WILL ALL BE OLD ONE DAY TOO!

Now get off my lawn.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Serbia on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:20 am

jbrettlip wrote:There really isn't any nonsense, other than the fact that some mods knew this was happening and allowed it. Was it a deliberate attempt to f with us? Probably, but there is no way to prove that. It just shows that 40 yr old professional people should not expect 18 yr old computer nerds to have any idea how to run a business.

I've pieced together what happened. This was no "deliberate attempt to f with" you. This was an attack by a known trouble maker. Mods were affected in this attack, which was rather widespread. The fact that some members of your clan think that this was all about the BpB shows the victim mentality some of you have. From my behind-the-scenes perspective, admin did all they could about this.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby tdans on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:32 am

jbrettlip wrote:
tdans wrote:

And I have no problem with tdans. And neither do my other clanmates. If he hadn't said a word, we wouldn't know....(maybe). But f*ck, Taylor Swift. Cmon Tdans, change that shit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have nothing to change it too........ lol btw, I doubt ya'll would'nt have found out... :P just sayin... haha
Lieutenant tdans

Postby owenshooter on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:06 am

tdans wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:
tdans wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have nothing to change it too........ lol btw, I doubt ya'll would'nt have found out... :P just sayin... haha

did you not read brett's last sentence?-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:12 am

Serbia wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:There really isn't any nonsense, other than the fact that some mods knew this was happening and allowed it. Was it a deliberate attempt to f with us? Probably, but there is no way to prove that. It just shows that 40 yr old professional people should not expect 18 yr old computer nerds to have any idea how to run a business.

I've pieced together what happened. This was no "deliberate attempt to f with" you. This was an attack by a known trouble maker. Mods were affected in this attack, which was rather widespread. The fact that some members of your clan think that this was all about the BpB shows the victim mentality some of you have. From my behind-the-scenes perspective, admin did all they could about this.

sorry, but the fact that mods knew what was going on and then admins knew what had occurred and nothing happened reflects poorly on team CC... there is nothing you can say that makes those 2 facts acceptable. it was posted in FOED's CLAN FORUM!!!! mods are MEMBERS OF FOED!!! admins said that no rule violation occurred... really? wonder what would happen if this happened in a CC contest... furthermore, i find it laughable that CC continues to send out Jr. Mint Mod Squaders to defend actions such as the above, instead of just manning up and coming in to give a definitive answer. are you the team CC spokesperson? i hope not, i see more flaming and trolling out of you than most of the other jr. minters... again, what occurred was deplorable, and the facts that mods knew and did not report it is beyond sad... the fact that admins did nothing to remedy this situation AND/OR communicate with BpB leadership shows exactly how poorly our clan is treated around here. the adults are speaking Serbia, go back to the sandbox...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Leehar on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:19 am

owenshooter wrote:
Serbia wrote:

sorry, but the fact that mods knew what was going on and then admins knew what had occurred and nothing happened reflects poorly on team CC... there is nothing you can say that makes those 2 facts acceptable. it was posted in FOED's CLAN FORUM!!!! mods are MEMBERS OF FOED!!! admins said that no rule violation occurred... really? wonder what would happen if this happened in a CC contest... furthermore, i find it laughable that CC continues to send out Jr. Mint Mod Squaders to defend actions such as the above, instead of just manning up and coming in to give a definitive answer. are you the team CC spokesperson? i hope not, i see more flaming and trolling out of you than most of the other jr. minters... again, what occurred was deplorable, and the facts that mods knew and did not report it is beyond sad... the fact that admins did nothing to remedy this situation AND/OR communicate with BpB leadership shows exactly how poorly our clan is treated around here. the adults are speaking Serbia, go back to the sandbox...-el Jesus negro

I'm not really understanding what you want to happen? The guy is banned, what else should/can be done?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby jbrettlip on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 am

Leehar wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
Serbia wrote:

I'm not really understanding what you want to happen? The guy is banned, what else should/can be done?

How about an account sitting feature that only allows turns to be covered? No pm's, no forums etc.I have been asking for this for years.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:32 am

Serbia wrote:

And this just shows the victim-blaming mentality YOU have.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Serbia on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 am

Yes owen, a Tourney Director is the official spokesperson of CC Admin. One with a record.
I see no infraction by anyone who could possibly be punishable. A banned multi broke more site rules. You tell me who you want banned, and as spokesperson, I'll take it to the bosses and try to get you some satisfaction.*

*and by "take it to the bosses*, I mean I'll light up a Cuban, pour me some Glenfiddich, and ignore your new complaint. (Heart Shaped Box, anyone?)

Brett, I'm totally in agreement with you on a sitting feature. And I've been beating that drum in the mod forums since I got there. I think it's critical to the site. But let's not pretend like someone in FOED should be banned because a rouge account got into your forums, and posted something from there in their forums. If the reverse had happened, you wouldn't be calling for yourself to be banned.

Natty, please stop with the trolling. We've both been warned for it recently, and as such, I won't be engaging.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion