Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby ljex on Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Mageplunka69 wrote:I can see that speed games are dying, as well as team games due to the new inverted games waiting system...starting to suck now
same few on speeders, and they are fading fast.....

maybe its time for Plunka to take a break too

I thought the same thing recently, but i have seen some speed games start. We just need to introduce the new generation to the classic speed games of old.
Major ljex

Postby Bruceswar on Wed May 29, 2013 12:57 am

ljex wrote:
Mageplunka69 wrote:I can see that speed games are dying, as well as team games due to the new inverted games waiting system...starting to suck now
same few on speeders, and they are fading fast.....

maybe its time for Plunka to take a break too

I thought the same thing recently, but i have seen some speed games start. We just need to introduce the new generation to the classic speed games of old.

+1 for the old school 8 man games :D
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Tenebrus on Wed May 29, 2013 4:12 am

+2 for the old skool :(

I'll start leaving some games up like that, but I'm not hopeful. Can't even get the 6p doodle versions going sometimes, and they're methadone to 8p classic crack.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby Gillipig on Wed May 29, 2013 4:48 am

13193, and this time I'm sure it won't drop lower!!

:lol:
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby waltero on Wed May 29, 2013 7:35 am

therealdeal_37 wrote:I am not entirely sure why folks are taking such an interest in this thread. There must be a lot of shareholders that own this site. :lol:

All I know is that almost all of our clan members joined CC after the "glory" years and we are doing just fine.

I would say give the new owners some time as I am sure they would like to see some kind of ROI. Once the interface and technical updates have been completed then I'm guessing we should see some new marketing campaigns to carry the site forward.

The game, it is all about da game. Many games out there. CC does not seem to be concerned with making game change. Same oll same oll.
I will come back in a few years to see if anything new.
Cook waltero

Postby Gillipig on Thu May 30, 2013 4:20 am

Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby ljex on Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Tenebrus wrote:+2 for the old skool :(

I'll start leaving some games up like that, but I'm not hopeful. Can't even get the 6p doodle versions going sometimes, and they're methadone to 8p classic crack.

You need like 3-4 regulars to make people think it might get started for them to begin...trouble is the regulars dont host them so people dont join so regulars dont host them...its a cycle until we change it
Major ljex

Postby Gillipig on Fri May 31, 2013 2:19 am

Wow, awesome drop this day, in association with Warner Bros Studios I present to you.....13158!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Tenebrus on Fri May 31, 2013 4:34 am

ljex wrote:

You need like 3-4 regulars to make people think it might get started for them to begin...trouble is the regulars dont host them so people dont join so regulars dont host them...its a cycle until we change it

Yeah, I'll start leaving one up as often as I can, see what happens. Wonder if there's a few of us could get together and talk about times - who would be on your list of potential regulars? I'd have Great-Ollie, georgizhukov, NoSurvivors, you, Gabriel13, 2 Pair Nelson, VOC, FreeFalling123, br4nd0n2002, jdsizzleslice, jdw25, fusibaseball. Anyone else? Might be worth setting up a list to hit people up with messages, I dunno.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby Agent 86 on Fri May 31, 2013 9:10 am

13153 continues to fall
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Qwert on Fri May 31, 2013 9:23 am

Agent 86 wrote:13153 continues to fall

Its will be great that someone give reward for this drop down games. For example, if some player first post 13000 or below get 6 month premium.
Actually this could help that number of active player go up? (i think) :-s
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Fri May 31, 2013 11:47 am

qwert wrote:
Agent 86 wrote:13153 continues to fall

Its will be great that someone give reward for this drop down games. For example, if some player first post 13000 or below get 6 month premium.
Actually this could help that number of active player go up? (i think) :-s

what is this i dont even
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby Crazyirishman on Fri May 31, 2013 12:35 pm

Yeah, a contest over who can creep over the decline of members on the scoreboard is brilliant.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby D4 Damager on Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm

Tenebrus wrote:
ljex wrote:

Yeah, I'll start leaving one up as often as I can, see what happens. Wonder if there's a few of us could get together and talk about times - who would be on your list of potential regulars? I'd have Great-Ollie, georgizhukov, NoSurvivors, you, Gabriel13, 2 Pair Nelson, VOC, FreeFalling123, br4nd0n2002, jdsizzleslice, jdw25, fusibaseball. Anyone else? Might be worth setting up a list to hit people up with messages, I dunno.

Before I found CC, I played a Facebook-based variant of Risk and one good thing about that was that they had games that started automatically (ie.. started by the website itself, not by a user). If I recall correctly, they had one starting every hour or so. I think that would be a really good thing to have for speed games on CC. Maybe they could even have a new one created as soon as the last one has filled.

The great thing about this feature is that you know that whenever you log on, there will definitely be a game waiting. It's quite an addictive feature, which I believe is what the site is trying to add more of :-) The only frustrating thing is when the games take a while to fill. Anyway, I think I'll add this in Suggestions...
Colonel D4 Damager

Postby Dako on Fri May 31, 2013 3:27 pm

D4 Damager wrote: Anyway, I think I'll add this in Suggestions...

lol good luck with that.
Colonel Dako

Postby codierose on Fri May 31, 2013 5:11 pm

D4 Damager wrote:
Tenebrus wrote:
ljex wrote:

Before I found CC, I played a Facebook-based variant of Risk and one good thing about that was that they had games that started automatically (ie.. started by the website itself, not by a user). If I recall correctly, they had one starting every hour or so. I think that would be a really good thing to have for speed games on CC. Maybe they could even have a new one created as soon as the last one has filled.

The great thing about this feature is that you know that whenever you log on, there will definitely be a game waiting. It's quite an addictive feature, which I believe is what the site is trying to add more of :-) The only frustrating thing is when the games take a while to fill. Anyway, I think I'll add this in Suggestions...

whats wrong with the games already in speed. i don't ever remember seeing no games in speed, but if you do just create one :D
Major codierose

Postby ljex on Fri May 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Tenebrus wrote:
ljex wrote:

the regular crew im thinking of is a little before that time, pimphawks70, prankcall, bruceswar, ccatman, clackity, tdans, manbungalow, and i am sure many more that i am forgetting. Back when it was 5 min rounds and you could get 2-3 started each night.
Major ljex

Postby tdans on Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 pm

ljex wrote:
Tenebrus wrote:
ljex wrote:

the regular crew im thinking of is a little before that time, pimphawks70, prankcall, bruceswar, ccatman, clackity, tdans, manbungalow, and i am sure many more that i am forgetting. Back when it was 5 min rounds and you could get 2-3 started each night.

ahhhh the good times
Lieutenant tdans

Postby TeeGee on Fri May 31, 2013 11:31 pm

Does anyone have any short term suggestions on what they would do to increase the user base? :mrgreen:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Razorvich on Fri May 31, 2013 11:50 pm

TeeGee wrote:Does anyone have any short term suggestions on what they would do to increase the user base? :mrgreen:

one suggestion is to stop advertising rival battle sites on the log in screen, I have seen it a few times now.
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby TeeGee on Fri May 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Razorvich wrote:
TeeGee wrote:Does anyone have any short term suggestions on what they would do to increase the user base? :mrgreen:

one suggestion is to stop advertising rival battle sites on the log in screen, I have seen it a few times now.

Now, that is something that shouldn't happen. Personally, I never look at them :shock: But we don't need to be sending members and potential members to rival gaming sites
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Gillipig on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:58 am

13146 yippie!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby D4 Damager on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:50 am

codierose wrote:
D4 Damager wrote:Before I found CC, I played a Facebook-based variant of Risk and one good thing about that was that they had games that started automatically (ie.. started by the website itself, not by a user). If I recall correctly, they had one starting every hour or so. I think that would be a really good thing to have for speed games on CC. Maybe they could even have a new one created as soon as the last one has filled.

whats wrong with the games already in speed. i don't ever remember seeing no games in speed, but if you do just create one :D

The difference is that at the moment, the speed games available vary a lot in terms of map and settings. That means you don't know before you log in what will be available and, for me at least, quite a high likelihood that when you look, there will not be a game you want to play. If there was always a Classic, 6/7/8 player escalating game waiting then next time I found myself with a few hours spare, I would know for sure I could log on and join one.

This is the sort of feature that, when it caught on, could generate a lot more interest in the site. It's also less prone to farming since no player makes the games.

You mean apart from my suggestion? ;)
Colonel D4 Damager

Postby Qwert on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:01 am

Razorvich wrote:

yes, this its happend,, before i log in, i could see advertising for other game sites.
I though that Advertising are only for fremiums, not in main page, when future potential players come,and see advertising for World of Tanks, and many other games. So this could be another potential distract, and then people dont even try to sign in for CC.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:12 am

give Freemiums access to 3 minute Speed on Classic with any combination of standard settings.
Sergeant greenoaks

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion