Conquer Club

Risk compared to Backgammon

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Risk compared to Backgammon

Postby nippersean on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:40 am

I believe the dice allow more domination, since they are easily calculated, of course anyone can get lucky once in a while, even rubbish players can throw lots of double sixes.

But who would want to become conk using a program? What would be the point?

For IBM it was a statement and advertisement, I don't believe being conk on CC holds the same weight as beating the best chess player of all time.

Personally, knowing that there are better programs and better chess players / backgammon / CC + poker players doesn't stop me enjoying having a game.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 pm

When i lived in England, back in 1994, i had no idea about computers, but i believed i can play chess, and i lost against the computer at the hardest level,
i started to write down my moves, when i realized one mistake the computer made, in the second game i beat him,

then i played the same opening, the same moves until the crucial mistake moment of the computer, i realised that the comp is doing all the same,
finaly i beat the comp, i didnt even bother to play different openings or moves, my goal was just to beat the computer, i succeeded ,
today i dont play chess anymore, i dont have any opponents, not many people play chess in real life, not in my close friendship or community,
anyway, i believe, that a human can beat a comp if he starts to know his weak point,
the old greek achiles nerve, i believe in human intelligence, artificial intelligence is programmed by human intelligence,
to much philosophy now, we have been there before, everything happened, its just repeating itself, humans win
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby premio53 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:02 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:When i lived in England, back in 1994, i had no idea about computers, but i believed i can play chess, and i lost against the computer at the hardest level,
i started to write down my moves, when i realized one mistake the computer made, in the second game i beat him,

then i played the same opening, the same moves until the crucial mistake moment of the computer, i realised that the comp is doing all the same,
finaly i beat the comp, i didnt even bother to play different openings or moves, my goal was just to beat the computer, i succeeded ,
today i dont play chess anymore, i dont have any opponents, not many people play chess in real life, not in my close friendship or community,
anyway, i believe, that a human can beat a comp if he starts to know his weak point,
the old greek achiles nerve, i believe in human intelligence, artificial intelligence is programmed by human intelligence,
to much philosophy now, we have been there before, everything happened, its just repeating itself, humans win

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but do you know the difference between a pawn and the rear end of a Knight? Just trying to interject a little humor. Grandmasters no longer play matches against computers because it is futile.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby premio53 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:52 pm

AsianKing if you want to see how strong even a computer program several years old is simply download a copy of Slow Chess Blitz and it will beat you 100% of the time. It is "weak" compared to Rybka and others.
Lieutenant premio53

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion