Conquer Club

Private replies to public questions.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Private replies to public questions.

Postby eternal242 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Would it be ok to ask a player a question in the game chat but request the reply as a PM. In my scenerio a player could have realitively easily finished the game but instead has let it progress to the point where he has no advantage.
Now, as I see it, either he is purposefully trying to make it a longer game which increases his chances of losing(seems unlikely) or he just never saw that he had a donimant advantage.

My question would be: (color)You had what seemed to me, to be a easily won game in the early rounds. Why didn't you use it and finish the game?(just wondering)reply as PM

I would gain no advantage from the question except some insight into the reasoning for not making the moves.

Your thoughts on this topic are appreciated. Thanks Players
Sergeant 1st Class eternal242

Re: Private replies to public questions.

Postby Swifte on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 pm

My recommendation would be to reach out to him, via PM, after the game has concluded. While the game is active, everything about the game should be in chat - to avoid any appearances of secret diplomacy.
Colonel Swifte

Re: Private replies to public questions.

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 am

eternal242 wrote:Would it be ok to ask a player a question in the game chat but request the reply as a PM. In my scenerio a player could have realitively easily finished the game but instead has let it progress to the point where he has no advantage.
Now, as I see it, either he is purposefully trying to make it a longer game which increases his chances of losing(seems unlikely) or he just never saw that he had a donimant advantage.

My question would be: (color)You had what seemed to me, to be a easily won game in the early rounds. Why didn't you use it and finish the game?(just wondering)reply as PM

I would gain no advantage from the question except some insight into the reasoning for not making the moves.

Your thoughts on this topic are appreciated. Thanks Players

no. period. no.
ALL game related chat is to be in the gamechat only, in english

from rules page
Rule #2: No secret diplomacy

Any form of diplomatic discussion between opponents must be posted in the game chat in English or in a language that all opponents understand. Diplomacy includes, but is not limited to: proposing truces, negotiating alliances, and coordinating assaults. Secret diplomacy can be hard to prove, but if you suspect it you should leave the players in question appropriate ratings. If you feel certain about players engaging in secret diplomacy consider reporting them in the Cheating & Abuse Reports forum by posting a new topic.

from HELP
18. Can I make an alliance or truce with another player?

Yes, but you must conduct all diplomacy in the in game chat.

AFTER the game you can discus the game via pm's, but to do so during the game can easely be misconstrued as a secret alliance.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Conquer Club Discussion