Conquer Club

I think I broke the game

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I think I broke the game

Postby CommKnight on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:52 am

Game 17048348

I put 5 random map 1v1's up with fog and trench enabled. However, it seems the random map chose a map that you simply cannot win with trench enabled. So perhaps this map should not be a choice if trench is turned on?

I know where he is too, because based from the logs he's holding the GFH bonus in the top left corner. That's it. But I can't cross No Man's Land and snipers and planes won't reach.

Bahaha, first time playing the map and I broke it. Not sure whether I should be proud or not.
Corporal CommKnight

Re: I think I broke the game

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:16 pm

CommKnight wrote:Game 17048348

I put 5 random map 1v1's up with fog and trench enabled. However, it seems the random map chose a map that you simply cannot win with trench enabled. So perhaps this map should not be a choice if trench is turned on?

I know where he is too, because based from the logs he's holding the GFH bonus in the top left corner. That's it. But I can't cross No Man's Land and snipers and planes won't reach.

Bahaha, first time playing the map and I broke it. Not sure whether I should be proud or not.

You can cross No Man's Land.

The "N" shell holes are killer neutrals, so Trench doesn't apply to them. Build up an army at any of the front-line foxholes (Fox 1, Fox 2, etc.) and run through the "N" shell-holes all in one turn without stopping. Take a foxhole on the opposite side (Fox 7, Fox 8, etc.) and you're across.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby CommKnight on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Look at the game carefully. The map is Trench, yes. But the game mode we're using has the Trench feature. Meaning you can only move one adjacent square per turn.

Which means I cannot cross No Man's land as it resets the very next turn before I can move into the shells.
Corporal CommKnight

Postby Butters1919 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:27 pm

From the rules page:

Special Gameplay: Trench Warfare

With trench warfare you can only assault from regions held continuously since the start of your turn. If you conquer a region (or re-conquer a region) you cannot assault further from that region during the same turn. The one exception being 'killer neutrals' (explained on the Gameplay Notes page) from which you may continue assaulting. The game no longer involves steamrolling across the board. Instead you gradually advance your front!
Cook Butters1919

Postby CommKnight on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Butters1919 wrote:From the rules page:

Special Gameplay: Trench Warfare

With trench warfare you can only assault from regions held continuously since the start of your turn. If you conquer a region (or re-conquer a region) you cannot assault further from that region during the same turn. The one exception being 'killer neutrals' (explained on the Gameplay Notes page) from which you may continue assaulting. The game no longer involves steamrolling across the board. Instead you gradually advance your front!

Thanks! When I seen in the log that his territory reset after he tried, I thought I might've been trapped! That would've been an unfortunate game breaker!
Corporal CommKnight

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Thanks, Butters.

Yeah, I tried to explain, the "N" shell-craters are killer neutrals, they are immune to the trench setting.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby CommKnight on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:45 pm

Makes more sense now. Because I imagine there's more maps out there with similar features.

Loving the maps by the way. It's taking me a few mins to look at the rules posted around the map itself to understand them, but they're fairly simple and straight forward. Wish the board game had this many maps to choose from!
Corporal CommKnight

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:48 pm

CommKnight wrote:Makes more sense now. Because I imagine there's more maps out there with similar features.

Loving the maps by the way. It's taking me a few mins to look at the rules posted around the map itself to understand them, but they're fairly simple and straight forward. Wish the board game had this many maps to choose from!

Glad to have you aboard! Hope you have a blast exploring...:)
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Conquer Club Discussion