Conquer Club

rules question

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

rules question

Postby AetherFlash on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:32 pm

I have a kinda awkward situation in one of my fog games. I wanted to post an image of it in my clan forum just for the giggles. No one from my clan is in the game. is this OK to do?
Lieutenant AetherFlash

Re: rules question

Postby riskllama on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:24 pm

I don't see why it would be.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby AetherFlash on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:35 pm

wait? so it's obvious to you that this would not be OK? or is that a typo?
Lieutenant AetherFlash

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:36 pm

AetherFlash wrote:I have a kinda awkward situation in one of my fog games. I wanted to post an image of it in my clan forum just for the giggles. No one from my clan is in the game. is this OK to do?

it wouldn't be against the rules to post it in here. there is no rule against disclosing positions in fog. period. trench/fog have ruined the diversity of play on the site and contributed heavily to the decline from almost 30K to now hovering around 7k. who cares what some fog apologists think? it isn't against the rules. i would love to see what you are talking about in here. thanks...-Jn
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby AetherFlash on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:42 pm

OK then. Thanks. Here's a cross post of what I put in my clan:

8 player Feudal Epic turn 40. Blue is bearing down on Barbarian Castle. I just spend all my bombardment on the stack, and there's still 172 coming my way.

Next round blue misses a turn (must have missed some turns earlier in the game too) and gets kicked. Well shit....

So I dont know how I lose this game... but I dont know how I win it either LOL
Lieutenant AetherFlash

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:43 pm

how many players? and yeah, that SUCKS!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby AetherFlash on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:49 pm

I think there's 5 left of 8 at this point. at least one other player has two castles, and I effectively have 2 castles... not unwinnable I guess, but still weird. especially since I'll probably get ganged up on earlier based on territory counts. its flat spoils, so its not like I can just burst out at some point... 30 turns from now I guess I'll be able to bombard it away..
Lieutenant AetherFlash

Postby riskllama on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 pm

yeah, meant it would be fine. sorry about that...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:59 pm

lol, stfu Owen - trench/fog have ruined the diversity of play on this site. do you know how stupid that sounds??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
diversity has killed diversity!!!
oh noes!!!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jleonnn on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:34 am

hasn't fog been around for like forever?
Major jleonnn

Postby tzor on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:08 pm

riskllama wrote:lol, stfu Owen - trench/fog have ruined the diversity of play on this site. do you know how stupid that sounds??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only thing fog has "ruined" is the log tag and then only when someone takes your territory. (Wait, you mean it was my territory? My memory is in a fog.)
Cadet tzor

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:25 pm

jleonnn wrote:hasn't fog been around for like forever?

no... you can look at the graph of the decline and pinpoint the exact moment it was introduced...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Keefie on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:03 pm

owenshooter wrote:

no... you can look at the graph of the decline and pinpoint the exact moment it was introduced...-Jésus noir

So it's now fog that's 'killed' the site :lol:

Last month it was trench and the month before it was clans.

Boring.....
Colonel Keefie

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Keefie wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

So it's now fog that's 'killed' the site :lol:

Last month it was trench and the month before it was clans.

Boring.....

no, i think myself and others have clearly outlined the decline/demise of the site. if you want me to list them all categorically each time one of them is mentioned, please state so. it is not "boring", it is a solid opinion based on fact. the site has done next to nothing to address the decline, aside from a hidden forum where anti-semitism flourishes (before that, it was racism). so, sorry if you find it boring, put your head back in the sand. users have clearly outlined reasons for the decline and it is not my fault if you choose to ignore them...-Jésus noir

Keefie.. CC DECLINE denier...
(you know you are still one of my fav's!!)...

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:41 pm

who are these "others" you speak of? are you schizophrenic?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:17 pm

riskllama wrote:who are these "others" you speak of? are you schizophrenic?

A couple of years ago we had a sudden epidemic of new players who came into GD to echo everything Owen said. "The site is too confusing! There are too many maps! There are too many options! I can't play regular Risk in this chaos!"

Funny, they couldn't figure out how to select regular options from the game menu, but they had no problem finding their way to GD and figuring out how to post. I thought nothing of it at the time.....
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

A couple of years ago we had a sudden epidemic of new players who came into GD to echo everything Owen said. "The site is too confusing! There are too many maps! There are too many options! I can't play regular Risk in this chaos!"

Funny, they couldn't figure out how to select regular options from the game menu, but they had no problem finding their way to GD and figuring out how to post. I thought nothing of it at the time.....

Perhaps you should have listened to those new players, rather than treating them as an "epidemic", and ignoring them.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 pm

go play some games, sym... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:28 pm

riskllama wrote:go play some games, sym... :roll:

But every time you try to play this card with me, you lose. I get no real satisfaction out of beating you, and you don't learn. Why do you bother?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 pm

you cant beat me if you don't play, sym. when will you figure out no one wants to hear insights about our beloved game from someone who doesn't even play. it's like catstevens bitching about obama and admitting he never voted. sheesh.
ps - even if you DID play, the jury is still out on whether or not anyone would want the opinions of a troll... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:09 pm

riskllama wrote:you cant beat me if you don't play, sym. when will you figure out no one wants to hear insights about our beloved game from someone who doesn't even play. it's like catstevens bitching about obama and admitting he never voted. sheesh.
ps - even if you DID play, the jury is still out on whether or not anyone would want the opinions of a troll... :roll:

A jury trial would be intriguing, I'd have to put you on the stand as a witness for the defence, given your fascination with my posts. You'd probably have to plead the Fifth.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:19 am

Dukasaur wrote:

RIGHT?!!! why would anyone take notice of new players complaining about difficulty of playing games on the site?! i thought my newb/multi assault would bring about change... sigh...-Jn
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:46 am

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

RIGHT?!!! why would anyone take notice of new players complaining about difficulty of playing games on the site?! i thought my newb/multi assault would bring about change... sigh...-Jn

There is no difficulty playing games on the site. A five year old could figure it out. The fact that all these people parroted your stock lines like well-rehearsed salesmen, and that they all appeared at around the same time, makes it pretty clear to me.

I know you have enough respect for the site rules not to create multies. On the other hand, there's no rule against signing up your friends and relatives to come and parrot your lines for you.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:07 am

Dukasaur wrote: there's no rule against signing up your friends and relatives to come and parrot your lines for you.

*cough* pot... *cough* meet, kettle... *cough*... the black jesus has spoken-Jn

;) :-$
Lieutenant owenshooter

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion