Conquer Club

shitty dice post

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

shitty dice post

Postby zynmaster on Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:15 pm

it's been over 6 months of consistent mathematically impossible dice outcomes. it wasn't always like this. what's the deal. if you've been having shitty dice. then please chime in. it's ridiculous and i'm strongly considering not renewing after 16 years of playing this site and many more playing risk in general.

anyone know of another similar site or are they the only game in town.
Sergeant 1st Class zynmaster

Re: shitty dice post

Postby nametaken on Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:54 am

Agreed.
Sergeant 1st Class nametaken

Postby Keefie on Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:43 am

CC is by far and away the best there is.
Colonel Keefie

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:12 am

We have not a thread for a long to complain about The DICE.

I GUESS it is time for a few complaints.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby SoN!c on Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:45 pm

zynmaster wrote:it's been over 6 months of consistent mathematically impossible dice outcomes. it wasn't always like this. what's the deal. if you've been having shitty dice. then please chime in. it's ridiculous and i'm strongly considering not renewing after 16 years of playing this site and many more playing risk in general.

Its like football, if you lose a game you can blame it on dice (if both sides are considered equally strong), like you can blame the referee when its football :D

You get very happy if you get good dice - very dissapointed / frustrated if you receive bad.. -thats life
Major SoN!c

Postby Kevi on Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:53 am

If you get bad dice you can either complain about it or take it on the chin, shrug your shoulders and mutter to yourself - 'Well that's random.org for you'.
Lieutenant Kevi

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:28 am

“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:43 pm

zynmaster wrote:it's been over 6 months of consistent mathematically impossible dice outcomes. it wasn't always like this. what's the deal. if you've been having shitty dice. then please chime in. it's ridiculous and i'm strongly considering not renewing after 16 years of playing this site and many more playing risk in general.

Honestly, I've always felt like the dice are streaky as heck. Like, there have been a time or three where a damn cook has joined my game and beaten me 1v1 and taken a crapton of points off me. They played erratically and got the dice to go 3v3 across the entire board on the first turn, with no chance of comeback for me.

It happens, but not enough for me to quit the game. You have to remember that for every time that happens, you are probably going to get insane dice against an opponent somewhere else. It evens out in the end. The loses just tend to be the most memorable because they're the ones we get irritated about. :lol:

There are certain other Risk games out there and I've seen people complain about the dice and threaten to leave on those too. I don't think there is any RNG game out there where people don't get mad about RNG. It's the nature of the beast. I've tried out a few of them and from my perspective CC has better gameplay.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Roofless on Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:07 pm

"shitty dice"? Really? We've played lots and lots of times. Anyway, I took a look at my dice stats. On average I roll a 2.9 against all opponents. Against you, I roll 5.4!!! So maybe you do have a point. However, in the long run, it all evens out.
Sergeant 1st Class Roofless

Return to Conquer Club Discussion